Author Topic: So I was wondering.....  (Read 11325 times)

Offline J.D.

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 2
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
So I was wondering.....
« on: March 15, 2013, 10:17:10 pm »
Good evening, or whatever time it may be where you are! I was saying my goodbyes to some friends like always before the weekend, asking them about plans, wishing them a good time, and such, when a thought struck me; what are all or even some of YOUR guys and gals' plans? I was thinking about dropping a dime every Friday and hearing about your plans, so, allow me to start!

I have had a pretty solid week, in the way of interesting events, got to pie a few teachers for Pi day, celebrated a close friend's birthday, took a trip to a college for a tour, and aced a couple of tests. My plans for the weekend most likely will be a day out on Saturday, followed by a nice evening of friends and games, and finishing Sunday off with either a trip to see the better half, or more games. I'm looking forward to Spring Break at the end of this week, however, not so much a visit from WASC, damn people always make school feel so...unnatural.

That's my life this week, hope to hear from you all and that you have a wonderful Friday, a great weekend, and smooth sailing this next week.

P.S. Happy 114th Anniversary of the patenting of the Zeppelin!

-J.D.

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: So I was wondering.....
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 10:54:22 pm »
I've grown fond of Cigars over the last two years, and some friends found that out. I seldom have them though cos I'm a college student and prefer to save them for special occasions and such. This afternoon, three guys surprised me with a couple of cigars to split between us, cos I've just declared my major and etc. accomplishments, so we walked around campus and enjoyed them for about an hour.

Its the little things, eh?

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 11:11:17 pm »
I sprained my ankle two months ago and it feels strong enough to do stupid things on it again. So this weekend I am going to a park where I am going to beat/get beaten by people with foam bats. Technically it is called Amtgard but as far as I am concerned it is cheep sword fighting.

Offline J.D.

• Community Ambassador
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 05:15:27 pm »
Glad to hear you all had some good plans, how did they all go for you all?

As for this week, had my heart broken by an external hard-drive, (Wiped about a month and a half or so of work on 3D models that I was working on), started Spring Break, plan on going to a few concerts with the girlfriend, and finally, learned I could make quite a penny slinging Yu-Gi-Oh cards, how about all of you?

-J.D.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 05:21:45 pm »
Last weekend I stayed for three hours of sword fighting before bowing out. The two month break I took due to the sprained ankle really shows, I used to stay for five hours. I am going back this weekend. Also there is a game developer meetup happening in San Diego which I am attending:
http://www.meetup.com/sd-gameartanddesign/events/109516372/

But mainly I want to play a ton of GIO that way as many people who try the game at PAX can have a good experience and join our merry community.

Offline Connor Mc.

• Salutes: 18
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 12:30:58 pm »
surfing hopefully we get a nice swell

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 12:37:26 pm »

must be nice to have warm weather to surf.... We just got a snowstorm... in spring.... :'(

Offline Connor Mc.

• Salutes: 18
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 01:25:43 pm »

must be nice to have warm weather to surf.... We just got a snowstorm... in spring.... :'(

that sucks to hear man, yeah it's awesome not having to worry about that kinda stuff :D I can't stand the cold

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 01:32:42 pm »
You guys are lucky that you're ready on break  :(  I've another week to go... But after that, oh San Diego how i love your weather now  :)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 04:01:20 pm »
You guys are lucky that you're ready on break  :(  I've another week to go... But after that, oh San Diego how i love your weather now  :)

My break has already come and gone. Imagine how I feel.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 04:10:21 pm »
You kids and your breaks.... All work for me :(

Offline J.D.

• Community Ambassador
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 09:58:52 pm »
So, how was everyone's breaks and past week? Mine was pretty laid back. I learned that my girlfriend is a comic book nerd, watched some movies, and have been trying to beat Bioshock: Infinite. My plans this weekend consist of a nice lunch and evening with the girlfriend, probably try this new Japanese place that opened near the park.

How about you gents and ladies? Any plans for you? And how have things been?

-J.D.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 01:47:41 am »
Well my last weekend was spent playing much DnD and marvelling how my little group of 5 players has spiraled out of control to 4 separate groups of 6-8 each with DMs hosting events once a week.
And a fifth one soon to join the melee.  I figured I'd loose the majority of people in the first weeks, but they keep coming back for content that I need to spend long hours with DMs generating said content and figuring out new ways to share the work load or engage the players.

We are at the size that wizards is taking interest in the community.  Other then that this next weekend I'm dragging my wife out doors to finish the garden that's hugely behind this season because of the late freeze.  Should be fun.