Author Topic: Suggest a community board here!  (Read 89728 times)

Offline admin

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 13
    • View Profile
Suggest a community board here!
« on: February 07, 2013, 11:44:57 am »
If you'd like to see a board added for a particular language that isn't represented here, please speak up and be counted!

In order to avoid collecting a pile of dead boards in a dozen different languages with a handful of posts, new boards will only be added if there's a demonstrable interest or a sizable community of users who would regularly use the board. The purpose of these boards is to provide an official meeting-point and make Guns of Icarus Online more accessible to non-English speaking player communities around the world; therefore, requests for "novelty" languages like Pig Latin will not be considered. (If you want to converse in these languages, feel free to start a thread in the Lounge!)

In order to add a new board, we'll also need moderators who are fluent in both English and the target language, and willing to volunteer their time to monitor the boards regularly and keep everything running smoothly. If you think you have the time and patience to be a good moderator for your community, step up and let us know here.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 10:49:18 pm by -Muse- Clara Skyborn »

Offline Phoebe

• Salutes: 62
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Suggest a community board here!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 08:41:45 pm »
Hello;

Eventhough I don't really know how many we really are at this moment in Guns of Icarus Online - most online games have quite a large representation of native dutch speakers mainly from the Netherlands and Belgium.

I don't really know what I need to do to really gauge our numbers but I'm pretty confident we're growing already and it would be useful for some if not those adding in the future to have a community section in our own language.

Not entirely for the language though because we're generally quite adept at speaking english;- we're just kind of notorious for setting up native dutch mini-communities, guilds, clans or groups in many games and a Dutch subsection greatly motivates doing so or really just enables people to find one another.

I'm also in process of promoting Guns of Icaruns Online with groups and communities from my past and a large portion of those are native Dutch as well.

I have the time frame and drive to moderate it;- that's no problem - I can also translate all the official documents or introductions back and forth.

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 10:06:38 am »
Do we have a person who can moderate a Spanish/español section? I found a few people in the steam forum who were Spanish-speaking. I can't, my Spanish is terrible.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 11:25:19 am »
Do we have a person who can moderate a Spanish/español section? I found a few people in the steam forum who were Spanish-speaking. I can't, my Spanish is terrible.

I'm pretty sure that Captain Smollett speaks Spanish.

Offline Raystgar

• Salutes: 2
    • [VAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 08:25:40 am »
If there ever is a need for a Norwegian/Scandinavian community board, I'm more than happy to help!

Offline Kyren

• Salutes: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 09:58:38 am »

Aye, I'd speak some Spanish, and I'm in the Spanish Steam Community group, moderated by Drenthe. I haven't seen many Spanish speakers around though, and my Spanish wouldn't be good enough to keep that community going :/

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 03:48:40 pm »
KillstreakS (or something along those lines) is Spanish.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 09:52:20 pm »
I don't really like how Esperanto is compared to Pig Latin in the OP. I'm not suggesting that there should be an Esperanto board, but it's a legitimate language with a real purpose, unlike Pig Latin; it's got quite a good deal of speakers throughout the world and even a small amount of native speakers.

Offline Clara Skyborn

• Salutes: 48
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 10:48:15 pm »
Fair enough. I'll remove the reference.

Offline Redorio diVario

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 05:02:33 pm »
Are there any statistics showing how many players from each country play the game? That could work as a reference on what language boards to create. I'm wondering how many polish players play GoI, so maybe a separate board could be created :).

Offline Redorio diVario

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 10:49:02 am »
There was no reply so I repeat the question from the post above.

Are there any statistics showing how many players from each country play the game? That could work as a reference on what language boards to create.
I'm wondering how many Poles play GoI, so maybe a separate board could be created :). The polish GoI Steam Group is slowly getting bigger.

(one post can be deleted)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 10:51:44 am by Redorio diVario »

Offline Clara Skyborn

• [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 11:47:09 am »
We could probably make some guesses based on IP, but we don't have specific country data. Glad to hear the Polish Steam group is gaining momentum, though!

If there are enough requests for a particular board, we'll certainly consider it. Encourage your fellow Poles to come here and post! :)

Offline Zormac

• Salutes: 3
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 03:54:47 pm »
How about a Portuguese language board?

I noticed we have quite a few Brazilian players and the number seems to be increasing. I'd be glad to help, if that's the case. It would also cover for potential Portuguese players, if any.

Offline Clara Skyborn

• [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 04:52:19 pm »
That sounds like a good idea. Anyone to second the request?

Offline Sailorman

• Salutes: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 06:46:21 pm »
That sounds like a good idea. Anyone to second the request?
I Second it.

There is a small community of Brazilians players, and some Portuguese ones. They are not too active on the forums, but it can change with a Portuguese board.

Also, I'm a native Portuguese speaker, if you guys need help with something about the boards, let me know.