Author Topic: Ordering Targets for AI on Guns  (Read 9268 times)

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Ordering Targets for AI on Guns
« on: January 05, 2014, 09:27:33 am »
Ok so I had a quick look around for similar threads to this but I probably missed them...

So the idea is that the Pilot/Whoever is on the wheel can mark an already spotted ship to let human players know which one to shoot if they don't have a mic and to get AI on the guns to actually shoot the ship you want to blow up rather than that other random ship over to your side.

The target ships spot could turn a red colour to represent more of a target and come up easily for human players.

Not sure if this has been suggested before but let me know what you think...

Offline Mizhir Starsurge

• Salutes: 21
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Ordering Targets for AI on Guns
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 11:02:45 am »
This would be awesome.

Maybe also expand it so you can mark targets for the other ships on the team as well.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 11:20:13 am »
That mechanic is already implemented, and it adds crosshairs to the spotting box, and the ai gunners already obey the captain's 'spotting'

Offline Nidh

• Salutes: 16
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 12:07:48 pm »
The default hotkey for captain's target is 'b' i believe

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 12:14:22 pm »
The AI don't actually seem to obey the B spotting, at least not on target dummies.

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 01:31:21 am »
Huh.... I did not know that, thanks guys! I guess I'll have to change my teamspeak chat hotkey then.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 09:38:35 am »
Pilot spotting only works in first person, It would be great if this feature could be added for third person piloting!

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 09:44:12 am »
Pilot spotting only works in first person, It would be great if this feature could be added for third person piloting!
it aint arma 2 XD

maybe should be made an option where the captain can look at a spotted ship and press a hotkey to highlight it to the crew.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 09:44:54 am »
Ok so I had a quick look around for similar threads to this but I probably missed them...

So the idea is that the Pilot/Whoever is on the wheel can mark an already spotted ship to let human players know which one to shoot if they don't have a mic and to get AI on the guns to actually shoot the ship you want to blow up rather than that other random ship over to your side.

The target ships spot could turn a red colour to represent more of a target and come up easily for human players.

Not sure if this has been suggested before but let me know what you think...
it aint arma 2 XD

maybe should be made an option where the captain can look at a spotted ship and press a hotkey to highlight it to the crew.

just forgot that the original post had the same idea

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 09:48:38 am »
it aint arma 2 XD

But I want to look at my smexy costume! I think it would good if 'b' toggled the crosshair between spotted ships without the need to aim at them. As far as I know this feature was added to make piloting ever slightly more possible for those without microphones, having to manually target ships to do it takes extra dexterity, and often the ship you want to target is even blocked by the helm and hull of your own ship.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 03:28:23 pm »

It does work in 3rd person as well, it is just amazingly harder.  You have to be looking directly at the target, this is easy in first person as there is a little dot in the middle of the screen so you just move so the dot is on top of the ship you want.  In 3rd person there is no little dot in the middle of the screen so you have to guess where the middle of the screen is, if you are off even a little bit it will not work.  There are some pilots that have become really good at 3rd person captain targeting but for me I remapped the 3rd person button to F so I can quickly switch between 1st and 3rd person.