Author Topic: The GoI Detail Game  (Read 24240 times)

Offline Andika

• Salutes: 114
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
The GoI Detail Game
« on: January 04, 2014, 02:54:35 pm »
As I was spectating a match a few minutes ago it occured to me that GoI's world is so rich in details that I keep recognizing new easter eggs, items, small features etc. even after having participated in a thousand matches or so. So I thought we could start a game called the "GoI detail game" where somebody comes up with a small world detail that the next posters have to identify. It is ok to check the game for these details, or, if you know them by heart, simply reveal them. I'm thinking about weird, unknown places on maps that we don't know of, items that people don't often notice, ship details that we rarely have time to admire. I'm sure many of you know these by heart already, but it may be interesting for newer players, and for day dreaming older players like me. :) The rule is that we cannot proceed to the next mystery until we solve the ones above. One person can add three mysteries or less at a time. To give you some clues as to what I have in mind, let me present the first three:

What small metal tools are scattered around a junker’s hull?
What is written on the pyramidion’s little bell?
What items are there on the barrel which is on the main deck of the galleon?

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
Re: The GoI Detail Game
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 06:07:46 pm »
I love this!  It's one of my biggest draws to the game is the little details that make a game feel truly lived in.  Gonna take some time to find these, and then find some new ones.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 06:19:31 pm »
Is there really a snowman on a tank on paritan/labyrinth? I've searched in game and while spectating with no results.

Edit: I make this post and then see there's a thread dedicated to the snowmen, literally right below this one.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 06:21:21 pm by Dutch Vanya »

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 06:20:58 pm »
They aren't mean't to be obvious, you'll have to be observant.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 06:38:52 pm »
The bell - which says the word SCRUM on it -  actually has an interesting story behind it.  I don't really know if I would like to be summoned to meetings by a bell though :P  So in short, the captain (aka the scrum master) rings the bell then the crew gather round for a scrum meeting and say what each of them plans to do for that match to win the game.  The meeting is quick, crew then runs off to their designated post and are off to battle.

OK so to bring the questions back to three:

What species is the feathered creature painted on all the balloons?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 06:43:40 pm by ramjamslam »

Offline Andika

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 11:04:03 am »
The feathered creature..I was thinking about it. Is it a phoenix? But could be a dragon too. Although phoenix is the creature usually represented with such a long tail.

two more unsolved mysteries still remained, and if I got this one right, someone can add a third:

What small metal tools are scattered around a junker’s hull?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 11:06:07 am by Andika »

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 11:30:03 am »
There's a screwdriver, a spanner, a bucket and a brush near the hull of a junker :D

Offline Andika

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 12:14:00 pm »
There's a screwdriver, a spanner, a bucket and a brush near the hull of a junker :D

And I wonder why I keep tripping over there... Btw, the brush escaped me!!! Gonna go and check it out! The rest were the ones I had in mind.  ;D

Any other details to search for?  :)

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 01:06:08 pm »
The feathered creature..I was thinking about it. Is it a phoenix? But could be a dragon too. Although phoenix is the creature usually represented with such a long tail.
Close enough :D  I believe it is a Japanese Crane from memory.  Someone else may like to jump in and give a more specific answer though.

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 08:14:03 am »
If by the main deck you mean the middle deck - there's a potted plant, a rope and a spanner. The plant, some say, is called Roger. Leave him alone.

Offline Andika

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 08:43:36 am »
If by the main deck you mean the middle deck - there's a potted plant, a rope and a spanner. The plant, some say, is called Roger. Leave him alone.

That's right, that's the one I was thinking about. Also are you sure the plant is male? It's bearing fruit as far as I remember, might in fact be a fine lady.  :P

The next mystery (which is a complex one):

What's the time on the clocks of the Paritan map?
(I know about at least 2 clocks, but there may be more)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 08:55:10 am by Andika »

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 09:05:40 am »
That's right, that's the one I was thinking about. Also are you sure the plant is male? It's bearing fruit as far as I remember, might in fact be a fine lady.  :P
But all fruit-bearing and flowering plants bear those bounties, not just half of them. The plants carry both male and female organs. Biology lesson over - plants can be whoever they want.
Anyway, the two plants on the upper deck of the Galleon are ladies. Maureen and Doris are very critical of my piloting skills - the main reason I don't use my Galleon often :P

Offline Mizhir Starsurge

• Salutes: 21
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 11:28:07 am »
But all fruit-bearing and flowering plants bear those bounties, not just half of them. The plants carry both male and female organs. Biology lesson over - plants can be whoever they want.
Anyway, the two plants on the upper deck of the Galleon are ladies. Maureen and Doris are very critical of my piloting skills - the main reason I don't use my Galleon often :P
Have you tried setting them on fire? I bet it would stop them from backseat piloting ... or is it backpot piloting? They aren't seated after all.

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 09:32:40 pm »
Have you tried setting them on fire? I bet it would stop them from backseat piloting ... or is it backpot piloting? They aren't seated after all.
I've tried my best but they just keep staring! They even follow me onto other ships!
I much prefer Phillip, he's the potted plant on the top deck of a Spire, to the right of the Helm. He's lovely. He tells me what a great job I'm doing - and that I'm not crazy for hearing his voice. He also tells me to burn things....burn.....things...... -hides-

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 05:02:29 am »
That plant was the first thing i noticed ever flying on a galleon. I don't trust it.