Author Topic: Map Ideas  (Read 7733 times)

Offline Bberry

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
Map Ideas
« on: January 02, 2014, 06:37:47 pm »
So… I tried looking for a topic similar to this, but either they are sprinkled all over, or this topic in particular was not there (or from what I saw).
This idea could be for either a map suggestion or an additional match type idea.

We have a range of maps, and several types of matches in the game.

A fortress-like structure would be nice. Instead of having a static stage, where the main focus is to sit the other team down, the main objective
is to destroy the fortress. The building(s)/structure(s) could be loaded with guns, and we the people can see how we can destroy them.

It could be played under two limits: time or lives.

Time Limit:
You can see how much damage you can make with your team under z minutes.

Life Limit:
You have z chances to attack and conquer the map before you meet your maker.

The twist to either mode could be that the higher the number, the harder the map can get.
This mode could be played in 1-2 teams (maybe?).

I don't know if this even makes sense, but I just want to throw this idea out there :)

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
Re: Map Ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 01:50:30 am »
Judging upon the second part of what you were saying, a mechanic for King of the Hill/Crazy King involving a Death Limit would be a good idea, for say, if ship x is killed y times, then that ship is out of the running, and then you have that ship and its crew sent to something like spectate mode. This would allow for those matches which drag on for very long times to end more quickly due to a secondary objective. (killing the whole team till they are out would also count as a victory)

Offline Nidh

• Salutes: 16
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 02:04:15 am »
Hopefully co-op mode will include something along these lines, i second this idea, sounds really awesome

Offline Captain Phil

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 07:02:46 pm »
I personaly would love to see an "assault the fortress" kind of deal. Possibly with co-op mixed with some pvp. AI AA-gun fire from the fortress, Bi-planes zipping around, possibly a super airship defending, and of course player ships all duking it out.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 10:17:19 pm »
Wall mounted howitzers? or maybe a ship flying around with one, patrolling the area?

Offline TheSovietKlondikeBar

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 3
    • [DEC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 11:29:23 pm »
What about a fortress...IN THE SKY?! With balloons holding it up? But Mobula-like balloons? OR A SPHERICAL BALLOON IN THE CENTER?!

...All deez maps.

Offline Dresdom

• Salutes: 15
    • [Don]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 02:48:03 pm »
What about a fortress...IN THE SKY?! With balloons holding it up? But Mobula-like balloons? OR A SPHERICAL BALLOON IN THE CENTER?!

...All deez maps.

That'd be great, but the GoI background says noone could biuld a ship as big as the Icarus yet, I don't think a flying fortress is any easier.

Anyway I love the "assault the fortress" idea. Maybe some kind of city siege?

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 03:08:07 pm »
I think attack/defense would be really cool.

It could even be as simple as a capture point map with 2 points and at the start red own one point blue the other.  The goal being to own both points.