Author Topic: Light Flak Arming mechanic  (Read 7691 times)

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Light Flak Arming mechanic
« on: January 01, 2014, 06:30:53 am »
Just a little fix.
Add the arming mechanic to the reports ingame.
Every other gun with arming has it but the light flak misses this. This leads to alot of bad loadouts for newer players.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Light Flak Arming mechanic
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 11:26:47 am »
This has not been suggested before?! Dear god! I mean i was aware that the light flak never said it on the description but damn!

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 04:39:33 pm »
Or better yet, return this gun to how it was before. It shouldn't have been changed. I know I wasn't alone in fighting it.

Offline Crafeksterty

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 04:50:03 pm »
Be more specific gilder.   The light flak is just a long-mid range variant of the mortar.

Before, people had to use heavy clip and it could go long range and close range and still was better than the mortar.

People just dont know how to use it. Why change it. Ever use Hades L,flak combo? Pretty devestating.

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 05:17:27 pm »
Have to agree with crafekstery.
Why do we need 2 guns which do exactly the same. Only difference would be that one of them can shoot further than the other.
This would totally kill the mortar.
I like how it currently is. You have the mortar for closerange but when you want to go for longer ranges you need the flak.
And now with the hades you finally have a weapon which can strip the armor for the flak just like a gatling would at the flakrange.
Its a devastating combo with the drawback of a weak closerange.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 06:16:49 pm »
Then give better turning on the mortar. The great thing about the flak for cqc was it was necessary for attack squid loadouts or for getting better angles with brawling. Mortar you can't turn or unload fast enough to do enough dmg before a hull would be back up if you aren't in an optimal position. You also have to sit longer and be exposed to unload a full clip of mortar. I liked flak more than mortar for cqc just for that fact. A ship with flak could beat a ship with mortar any day as long as the flak captain zoned out the mortar and it wasn't hard to do that.

Offline Crafeksterty

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 09:31:54 am »
But that was the problem gilder, if the flak beat the mortar any day, it is an imbalance.

But you talked of the squid, if you buff a gun for the sake of the squid, youve suddenly made many other ships much more powerfull.

But i did find a squid build that has the mortar. Still difficult to aim, but easy to memorise or use.
Gattling on the side, and then mortar on the back. And whatever you want on the front.   Now use the right engine to aim either the gatling or the mortar. The gat and the mort aim are so close you can easily switch as pilot to when their armor is down.

So left side, out of the engine looking from the helm is the gattling. The right from that engine inside of it from where you are looking is the mortar.
It is on the BACK because the back and side guns are closer. Meaning the aim is a tad bit easier, Also  lots of components from the ship you can use to refrence where the weapons limits are.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 01:46:43 pm »
I for one have always thought that the light flak should have an arming time equal to the hades.  Currently people don't use the light flak often because it loses so much damage within arm time and it has a larger arm distance than lumberjack or heavy flak.

A slight reduction in arming distance, moving it closer to that of the hades should make the gun much more desirable to use imho.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 01:49:40 pm by Captain Smollett »

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 02:32:56 pm »
Lets not let this turn into a gameplay thread. Making a new one wouldn't hurt if you guys want to discuss the light flak's arming.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 03:46:17 am »

But you talked of the squid, if you buff a gun for the sake of the squid, youve suddenly made many other ships much more powerfull.

Then here is the ultimate solution which Muse will never do cause they hate the squid and probably don't listen to my spamming them to fix it.

Return the squid to it's former glory, its that simple. Give it the old speed and agility back. If it has that back, if can utilize mortar better. But no, lets just waste more time nerfing and buffing guns when a chunk of the issues could be better resolved by just fixing the ships. Instead of the common mindset of, Squids don't need to be able to be effective at attacking, they just need to float around shooting at gas filled balls going,"hey look I'm a squid, I have no reason for existence other than this!" You are not a squid pilot, and you will never be one if thats all you can do. At least in my book.

Not just the squid either. I wish I could have shown folks the brief time Muse gave the Pyra a slight half degree turn rate buff in the dev app due to some concerns which I had forwarded from multiple players. It felt so much better and handled like it should given the weight reduction. Or heck take people back and have them play 1.1 when the game was much more fun. Yeah blah blah blah wacky physics blah blah blah fast ship movements blah blah blah. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Give us serverside modding so we can enable 1.1 mode and we'll see how many people go back to Guns of Slugfest Online.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 11:55:26 am »
A request about listing in game the arm time of the light flak?  Better talk about the squid again.  Some mood may wish to do the seperate posts magic and make s gameplay thread.  This is beyond off topic.