Author Topic: Cave Map  (Read 8751 times)

Offline Riggatto

• Salutes: 60
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Cave Map
« on: December 31, 2013, 08:23:23 pm »
How's about a map that is completely underground? Long caverns,  tight turns, and dead ends, and everything on the same vertical level. Disastrous? Most likely.

What do you think?

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: Cave Map
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 08:51:47 pm »
If I'm flying under Valua I'm taking the Delphinus, not some rickety airship.

Seriously though, there is potential for this idea up in Anglea. The cities are apparently under the ice. Sorta like a giant ice cave with a city in it.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 03:38:07 am »
i was thinking about this way back. i like the idea

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 09:22:39 am »

Offline Captain Phil

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 06:59:05 pm »
So far, when the phrase "underground map" comes up, there are very little who say "hell no." Though this map concept would be hell for galleons, spires, and possibly modules, the whole idea of flying over underground lakes, dodging stalagmites, ducking through tight tunnels, fire at an enemy ship, all of this in the dark, and possibly being forced to use flares for a light source in some areas is still a very appealing notion. 

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 08:29:27 pm »
Never mind caves, this game is missing a vital component that every video game needs: A sewer level.

Paritus must have had pretty big sewers, right?

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 08:49:31 pm »
Lava level.

The closer to lava you get the more fires there are on the ship, just... spring up automaticly. Because heat yo.

How about a water le... we have that actually.

But in all seriousness, i still very much want a new map that takes notes from Canyon Ambush.
Does not have to be big. Just smart.

Fjords is underrated of its cleverness. Me and my clanmates have found some super awesome paths and tricks in the map that greatly made me favor fjords.
Dual at dawn suffers a bit from being too small and too much in terms of design, while Dunes suffers the exact opposite. Too big and the design is nowhere to be seen.

It does not have to be a CAVE MAP only. It can just have a big part of the map that has a roof.

However, with my tastes leaning mostly torwards Fjords, i would greatly want a map that has a big sky ceiling.
Im dead serious, a map needs to be designed around high sky ceiling. Look at dunes, that map should Allow being much higher so that ships can actually navigate against sniping ships that can still be advantagious with higher ceiling.   A map can still be super tight and Paritian Rumbly design, it just need to look at things in a more vertical point of view than horrizontal. I would say that Paritian Rumble is the Horizontal version of the map i want. Which is a vertical, very clusterphobic design.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 10:15:04 pm »
(I'm sure someone had a thread about a map idea similar but...)Giant Trees! A map based in a tree, presumably a giant one with something such as a pirate hideout on the inside, and thus the building's many parts and shattered areas, along with the tree limbs would provide cover and obstacles for the ships to get past and take cover behind...

Offline TheSovietKlondikeBar

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 3
    • [DEC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 11:26:59 pm »
Giant Trees!

Terraria much? *shot*

...But in all seriousness, A cave map would be awesome. Actually, lemme add some ideas to this melting pot.

Have it so that the cave occupies the center of the map, but ships can still navigate AROUND the cave (in a pretty narrow path). The path would be like a giant ravine, giving it a pretty sizeable skybox and allowing entrances to the lower part of the cave (when I mean lower part of the cave, think of the cave as a sphere; I'm talking about the lower hemisphere, so that the entrance would be diagonal and up). The cave could have multiple entrances, and the inside would look kind of similar to the canyon part of canyon ambush (screw redundancies). It would be awesome and I would love it and I would call it Squishy 'cause it is my Squishy *shot*.

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 01:52:04 am »
I love the idea of an underground map. Makes a nice change and presents new obstacles.