Author Topic: The 'Jimmy' tool (crowbar)  (Read 4842 times)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
The 'Jimmy' tool (crowbar)
« on: January 08, 2014, 12:25:03 pm »
"You know, these things would load faster if we just removed the safety mechanism."

This tool looks like a crowbar, and is used to decrease reload times on guns.

Usage: Same as the other tools. Give the gun a wollop while it is reloading. Each hit increases reload speed by X%.

Side effect: Small damage to the gun.

Equips to Gunner tool slot.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: The 'Jimmy' tool (crowbar)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 12:57:36 pm »
I think this will benefit the Goldfish more than any other ship. There is usually a spare engineer or two on a Goldfish while it is not under fire. Other ships usually put that extra engie to work shooting a gun. Considering how powerful the spire has become, the Goldfish probably needs the boost. I am just afraid that adding a tool to decrease reload time will lead to some unforeseen balance issues.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 01:19:15 pm »
Yeah same here. A hwacha that comes back at you again so fast could be very deadly. Not to mention the carronade.

And, someone could use it to sabotage.

I really love this idea, especialy how it is on the gunner slot. I still wonder how it would play out tho. Damagin a gun to make it reload faster makes it go back to reloading at the same speed. That is when you need an engineer to give it a good whack, or multiple spanner whacks. Which encourages Teamplay more.

It also is a drawback on heavy guns anyway as it places away a repair man.
Gunengineers will now take a turn also. IF they choose the crowbar, the ship suddenly works with default gunnery.

You now what, i encourage this idea! I want it placed in testing ofcourse.

But, ammo tools are already not as valuable as without just yett. I mean look at incindiary.

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 01:30:39 pm »
I think those hit to get the reload makes the problem.
How would you manage to fasten the reload and get the correct ammo in a gun that way?
You would need 2 guys camping at one gun which doesnt work for most ships and loadouts.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 06:13:11 pm »
I think it would have a lot of similar advantages and disadvantages as the Buff Tool. Most builds do not take it. Those that do use it quite effectively. I figure the damage done to the gun would be half a spanner hit, or maybe a bit more. Each hit could add something like 10-20% faster reloading. Testing and refining would be required, of course.

Who would not want to swing around a Freeman Industries Jimmy Bar?