Author Topic: New forum!  (Read 39754 times)

Offline admin

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 13
    • View Profile
New forum!
« on: February 06, 2013, 05:54:40 pm »
So...

What do you think?

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: New forum!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 12:25:12 pm »
Looks pretty nice to me. Liking the colors and, as far as I can tell, the format.

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 01:14:01 pm »
Looks good so far.  Should be a much better format for tracking discussions than the first forum.

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 01:19:58 pm »
Quick question, If I may.. what's the message edit policy?  If we want to create a thread as a Guide do we have a limited or unlimited perriod to edit our posts?

I ask, because if I want to create a damage animation thread (for example), do I need to go back to the game and fill in the blanks in the collection before I start, or can I make a start and go back and add in the missing pieces a week, two weeks or a month later?

Offline Kyren

• Salutes: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 01:41:12 pm »
Looks very good to me! Personally I had hoped it'd be a phpBB, but this one fits just as perfectly. Very nice job with the integration of the game accounts!

Offline Clara Skyborn

• Salutes: 48
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 02:19:53 pm »
Quick question, If I may.. what's the message edit policy?  If we want to create a thread as a Guide do we have a limited or unlimited perriod to edit our posts?

I ask, because if I want to create a damage animation thread (for example), do I need to go back to the game and fill in the blanks in the collection before I start, or can I make a start and go back and add in the missing pieces a week, two weeks or a month later?

The edit policy is the same as on the old forum, and you'll have 30 minutes after posting to edit. In the case of guides, you can ask a CA/moderator to help you make edits to the original post.

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 02:39:55 pm »
Thank you..

Offline Andriej

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 04:48:27 pm »
It is not like reddit anymore where commentaries create sort of trees - I will miss that.  :(
The current forum looks like typical forum, nothing exciting yet...

Is there a possibility to integrate gunsoficarus.com with GoIO? Number of players currently in the Lobby, list of games, friends in game, Join Game/Friend feature via the click on the main page etc. - all these features would make gunsoficarus.com even better and prove that Muse cares about its community. (^_^)

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 04:58:26 pm »
So far liking the forum, it's something I'm familiar with being an MMO troll for years.

Offline NikolaiLev

• Salutes: 4
    • [Fur]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 07:17:15 am »
I love it!  The old forum was very odd.  This one's closer to what I'm used to.  Though no forum I've encountered was quite as awesome as the Gaslamp Games Forums.  This one is at least fairly standard.

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 10:17:33 am »
Far superior to the previous one. I will definitely be visiting this forum more often than before.

Offline Clara Skyborn

• Salutes: 48
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 02:13:52 pm »
I love it!  The old forum was very odd.  This one's closer to what I'm used to.  Though no forum I've encountered was quite as awesome as the Gaslamp Games Forums.  This one is at least fairly standard.

Hmm, powered by XenForo? Never heard of it, but I agree it does look nice!

Far superior to the previous one. I will definitely be visiting this forum more often than before.

Now that's what I was hoping to hear. :)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 02:16:02 pm »
I've really fallen in love with this forum. It's got so much more than the old one. And adding our levels on the left is a nice touch  :)

Offline Furrymessiah

• Salutes: 3
    • [NAF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 06:58:31 pm »
I'm actually using this forum, so...yeah, I like it.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 12:01:51 pm »
I just noticed that I can't access the forum stats page anymore. It tells me that I'm not allowed. What's up with that?