Author Topic: Free item and sale to celebrate Pewdiepie's video!  (Read 17061 times)

Offline Keyvias

• Salutes: 83
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Free item and sale to celebrate Pewdiepie's video!
« on: December 19, 2013, 10:31:04 pm »
With all the new players we wanted to start their airship career right so we're giving out a free hat and put everything on the store on sale for 50%

The hat won't be free forever so log in quickly and claim your free prize!

Check out the hat here or by logging in!
http://i.imgur.com/vUtlBoE.png
*brofist*

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Free item and sale to celebrate Pewdiepie's video!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 10:34:26 pm »
(As I said on Twitter) I only JUST decided to splurge some dosh in the store (I never buy anything from it) last night. D'oh.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 10:40:00 pm by Jazzza »

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 03:50:22 am »
red my christmass thanks lready keyvias?

oooohhh free hat, FaaannccCCCyyy.

Offline RaviDaGuy

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 04:43:30 pm »
Sweet! I can't wait to go on tomorrow and grab it!

Offline Elis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 08:53:16 am »
am I too late?
edit: NVM, I thought you had to claim it in the store.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 08:56:10 am by Elis »

Offline Ernest Wolf

• Salutes: 5
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile page.
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 03:24:44 pm »
Cool, I did already get the hat from Collector's Edition, but it is really sweet that you guys also award the people that are new. I am new as well, touhh.  ;D

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 02:25:18 am »
Cool, I did already get the hat from Collector's Edition, but it is really sweet that you guys also award the people that are new. I am new as well, touhh.  ;D
Welcome to the amazing community based on ordinary crazy people that are fun to play with.

Offline Susurrus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 05:08:21 pm »
(I know this topic is old but this section of the forums doesn't seem that active anyways and creating a new post would be frivolous and ignore the relevancy.)

"Pewdiepie" engages in misogyny, transphobia, racism, and various other forms of bigotry.
One particular offence is continually talking about how he will "rape"
  • or how
  • "raped" and just generally engaging in the sort of behaviour that is not only unacceptable to anyone that actually understands the severity and seriousness of such but also seems to completely go against everything the GoIO community and devs support and promote amongst the userbase.

I get that one generally doesn't want to turn away potential customers, but someone that engages in behaviour that would in all likelihood get them banned seems a rather disturbing sort to promote.

I tend to consider such prejudice and offensive/discriminatory language/behaviour to be reprehensible and not at all ethically defensible, so it strikes me as very odd to see a post in these forums tacitly (& perhaps explicitly with the "free item" ) supporting Pewdiepie.

Offline Deltajugg

• Salutes: 16
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 06:01:57 pm »
This is not a "Pewdiepie hate" thread, nor a forum. Not to mention it's old thread, and your post is barely relevant to the main topic.
Your issues and opinions about Pewdiepie's videos shouldn't even be put into this topic.

Pewdiepie is well known on YT whether you like it or not, he has millions of subscribers and decided to make a video that helped promote the game, so MuseGames decided to make a sale and give free item for everyone as a form of celebrating his video. That's all there is to it, there's no hidden message like "Pewds promotes racism, let's make a pro-racism sale!!!" , and really, I think you're exaggerating with whatever you're trying to achieve with such post.

Not to mention, dude, you seem to take whatever Pewds says too seriously. When I read your post at first I was like:

Then after a few minutes of gathering my thoughts I decided to post, because I was at a loss of words when I read:
"Pewdiepie" engages in misogyny, transphobia, racism, and various other forms of bigotry.
One particular offence is continually talking about how he will "rape"
Pewds just tends to make inappropiate jokes, but that's it, he doesn't promote any kind of behavior you describe.
There are so many worse people than Pewds, ones that are actually bad, do things that may be considered evil and unforgivable. If you want to make hate posts about someone, stick to such people. Whether you'll do it or not, don't do it on this forum. This is forum about GoIO, not about whether or not Pewds promotes rape.

Could someone please close this thread so we can avoid all kinds of unnecessary and meaningless fuss over here?

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 06:17:36 pm »
Such necromancy, the dark forces are strong with this one.

How does a completely new forum member even manage to venture so deep into GOI's bigoted, misogynistic, transphobic, racist past?

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 12:07:23 am »
yeah I thought we buried that deep long ago, along with non-arming-time flak cannons and the lynching simulator we beta tested...

Offline Keyvias

• Salutes: 83
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 10:21:49 am »
Hey Susurrus,

While I'll be the first to admit the use of the word rape is unfortunately ingrained in gamer culture (along with other undesirable traits,) I do not believe PewDiePie is an especially foul character.  He is a shock artist for sure with his humor, but overall I haven't seen anything to make me view him as malicious. That being said I have not seen his entire body of work.  If he goes on a Nazi rant during an episode of amnesia, I wouldn't know. For his video on Guns of Icarus though his behavior did not appear to be anything we'd have an issue with especially since it happened in a chat with friends.

The item we gave out did not require watching PewDiePie and was given to people for simply signing into the game.  So the players signing in because they found us through PewDiePie got an item that reminded of them of how they got in and the players who specifically don't watch PewDiePie still received the item.
A lot of effort was also made to make sure this item while reminiscent of PewDiePie did not break the theme of the game or stand out in a special way.

We are dedicated to having a safe and fun community for all though and I would be more than happy to talk further about this and put to rest any concerns or fears you may have about the community or company, so please feel free,  to email feedback@musegames.com.

However this thread is for promotion of sale that is now redundant, so to avoid confusion i am going to lock this thread.

Thank you, and have a nice morning
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:24:39 am by Keyvias »