Author Topic: Crazy King changes  (Read 5451 times)

Offline McGoerk

• Salutes: 0
    • [pron]
    • View Profile
Crazy King changes
« on: December 19, 2013, 10:31:19 am »
We have just played a macht of Crazy King with only a 100 second timer on each point.

i think it is a great change to differentiate crazy king from king of the hill a bit more.

However having to cap 11 points (650 points to win/[100 seconds point activity - 30 seconds capping time]) seems to stretch a match pretty large, especially if it is a close match it'll take even longer.

Maybe the time it takes to capture a point can be reduced to like 15-20 seconds or the points points to win to 300-400.

I'm not sure if it was a bug though but with the right strategy this game mode can be really fun.

It is not only a squid race, you could set up a galleon to guard 1-2 points too, this way it feels reallly different then king of the hill.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 10:37:43 am by McGoerk »

Offline SteelShark

• View Profile
Re: Crazy King changes
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 12:06:38 pm »
It's really just ridiculous how little time there is to get a point.  Really squids are the only ship that could potentially reach a point in time to capture it.  And uncapturing to recapture? forget it.  when points lasted longer, I'd always tell everyone to move on by 100 seconds, because it's futile trying to recapture in under that time limet.  I think at the very least, the point should last 150 seconds before changing.   And maybe with strategy, some non squids could possibly capture things in time, but tell me, how often do you find team mates capable of that kind of thing?  Most people don't even know the basic game mechanics.

Offline McGoerk

• [pron]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 12:25:22 pm »
Yes it is true if you are on a point it is hard to reach the next by the time it activates.
You have to plan ahead with the other captains of your team, send ship to the next, one to the point after that, and keep stalling the enermy with the last ship.

It is completly ineffective to cruise around as one blob of ships, coordinated fleets will dominate, i like that.

Offline Commodore Phoenix

• Salutes: 12
    • [CCor]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 01:16:30 pm »
The new system is terrible, I literally spent a good half an hour racing someone around the map because we were unable to kill each other and the rest of our teams couldn't get to each point fast enough. The only ship you can play as now is the squid because if you lose a point there is no point recapturing it you just move on to the next one so there is no competitive gameplay its just whoever can get there faster and with the short countdown there are no critical fights that effect the capturing or lose of an objective

Offline Mr. Ace Rimmer

• Salutes: 31
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 01:38:07 pm »
Speaking to Keyvias, I believe this 100 second timer is a bug...

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 09:20:35 pm »
Well, tuning down the capturing rate to significantly small (See the "CP neutrilising mechanic" thread) Can pose to a defencive state.

I raced a squid as a spire.

Point A is the hill, Squid got there anc capped it, by the time i got there he was gunning for B and only 10 seconds left until B is the hill.
This was going to go on and on if i kept chasing that squid for each point he was in. I reach it, he allready started to go to next point...

Then here is the gameplay change that made the spire quite viable to a Degree...

Point A is the hill, Squid got there and capped it. I rushed for C. Squid went for B. (Depending on allies, they block him or fight him). When C is it i allready cap it, squid comes and he blocks or is too late or dies and we capture. 2/3 chances we cap the one we are on.

Basically i was forced to Spire, as in... being a spire type spire. Not spire ship, but Spire... you know what i mean. And it worked quite well. But its still odd that the matches can still take quite a while and the capturing mechanic still needs configuring or polishing.

Offline The Djinn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 19
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 10:51:03 pm »
I believe this has been fixed. The timer was back up at 200 as of my game this evening, I believe.