Author Topic: Some Guides i kept away. [How to mine] [Heavy flak] [Lumberjack]  (Read 18928 times)

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Some Guides i kept away. [How to mine] [Heavy flak] [Lumberjack]
« on: December 16, 2013, 07:37:48 am »
Some research ive done for my clan just for refrence. Thought ide share it finaly.

[LUMBERJACK]

I took the liberty to test out the lumberjack along with the Rangefinder.

And what i found out has then been written down then tested out with what i have written down and works perfectly.

I refer those small refrence points on the LJ ironsight as JOTTS. So the first jott is the very first one right below the cursor. The second one is below that one.

Here is an image just so you know what i mean.

Okay. If the gunner acompanies himself a Rangefinder with the LJ all he needs then is distance info at whatever he wants to shoot at. Does not need that circle bullshit, just a quick mental note of whatever distance he saw when looked thru the Range finder.

If you look at the image, the refrence points arent exactly one after the other. The the first and seconds jotts are far apart while the second and third jott are really close. The third and fourth are a bit far while the fourth and the fifth are really close. So the numbers arent really too even, they are odd numbered to a degree.

Here is the cheat sheet you can use to win games with LJ and not miss.
(Note, the numbers i display are aproxx. Whenever i tested them out they always worked.)

DEFAULT AMMO (Or ammo that does not effect the velocity/speed of the projectile)
Jott 1 - Less than 500
Jott 2 - 500
Jott 3 - 800
Jott 4 - 1200
Jott 5 - 1400

LESMOK AMMO
Jott 1 - 500
Jott 2 - 1500    (If you want to hit a 1000 distanced mark then simply aim with the empty space between jott 1 and 2)
Jott 3 - 2400    (If you want to hit 2000 distanced mark then simply aim with the empty space between jott 2 and 3)

The target dissapears after 3000.  Im ASSUMING (untested) that 3000-3200 is Jott 4.

GREASED AMMO
Jott 1 - 150+
Jott 2 - 300+
Jott 3 - 500
Jott 4/5 - 650-800
The space Half way to bottom of the iron sight from Jott 5 - 1000
The very bottom of the iron sight - 1300-1600

With this, if the number is like 700 but you have lesmok loaded, simply aim a bit higher than what you would normaly aim with 500.  is he 600 or 700 away with greased? Just aim higher from Jott 3 etc etc. Having paper with the cheat sheet written down on it actually helped me alot :P

[HOW TO MINE]

That hinge is for Default and most other ammo types. Basically aim with the very top of that hinge.

Lesmok if you are using that goes double the length almost and lands on exactly where the yellow pipe ends.

Not much more than that. Just remember the area from the gun itself to the world. Basically the refrence points of the mine.

[HEAVY FLAK MEASUREMENTS]

With Lumberjack and Hadez, you can easily learn their distance on practice, but with heavy flak is a bit more difficult.

So i took the liberty of showing an aproxomation of a heavy flak hitting and where you should be aiming.

You can see im also showing that i use refrences on the gun itself to determine the distance. Sadly, 1000 is not directly on the tip of the gun, but a bit above it. while 1500 is a bit bellow the tip.

However, the refrence points here are bit unlikley as i havent pinpointed exactly. But atleast put it to practice and youl see you are close to hit or actually hitting your target.

----------------------

Il put these guides up in steam soon enough individualy with a bit more detail. Feel free to test these out!

Offline Frogger

• Salutes: 20
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Some Guides i kept away. [How to mine] [Heavy flak] [Lumberjack]
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 10:50:12 am »
Good stuff! Thanks for this!

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 12:40:10 pm »
That's extremely helpful, great work. =D

Offline Sylas Firehammer

• Salutes: 2
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 01:05:47 pm »
Really nice guide! Thanks for it!

Offline Subarco

• Salutes: 4
    • [♞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 10:28:48 pm »
Thank you. The Heavy Flak and Lumberjack will torment me less now.

For the mines, you should include distance for Incendiary rounds and Lochnagar rounds.

Also, could you possibly do one for the Hades as well?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 10:30:40 pm by Subarco »

Offline Crafeksterty

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 11:00:52 am »
Thank you. The Heavy Flak and Lumberjack will torment me less now.

For the mines, you should include distance for Incendiary rounds and Lochnagar rounds.

Also, could you possibly do one for the Hades as well?

You dont want Incendiary for the mine. Not much more fire and 20% less damage. The distance and flight is aprox the same as default.
While Lochnagar description is on the steam guide that i made.

Basically, you dont aim with the lochnagar(well you aim the general direction), you just popp it before anything rams you or is close to.

Offline Subarco

• Salutes: 4
    • [♞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 11:05:58 pm »
There is a notable difference with using the Incendiary mines, I feel. It ends up going below the hinge that you mentioned in your guide.

Offline Crafeksterty

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 06:43:24 am »
It is different in firing, but the pay off is not. Or... not as good as Lesmok or Lochnagar.   Charged mines deal a bit more damage than regular. But Lesmok Gives you the distance advantage and Lochnagar arms right next to you and demolishes Any ammount of ship armor.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 06:07:45 pm »
The trick with incendiary mines is to aim almost straight up, that way the mine goes in a proper parabola and deploys right in front of you. Incendiary is also useful when the target is lower than you.

Burst mines are nice because it's easier to create chain reactions, and charged/loch not only increases the damage numbers, but also the knockback.

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 01:26:53 pm »
This remains the best reference for how to shoot mines. Worth bumping back up to the top so everyone recognizes it.

I have gotten some crazy mine shots just referencing the hinge and yellow pipe, and every time I tell someone about it they are amazed at how much easier it becomes to shoot mines effectively.

Offline Schwerbelastung

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 15
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 09:11:02 am »
Just a quick comment regarding mines: when I occasionally use the mine launcher, I have my gunner (or if I'm the gunner, suggest that I) bring lochnagar, incendiary, and lesmok. That way he has ammunition for 4 ranges - very short (loch), short (incendiary), medium (normal), and long (lesmok). I do realize the benefits of burst and charged mines, but I usually opt for the 4 different ranges instead of more effective medium range mining.

Incendiary rounds are in my opinion better at short range mining than heatsink or greased since they do not reduce the damage. However, after the last patch, I would probably at least consider bringing heatsink instead of incendiary if the enemy has flamers due to how you can "reload and forget about chem spraying it" after using heatsink on it.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 09:15:49 am »
Just a quick comment regarding mines: when I occasionally use the mine launcher, I have my gunner (or if I'm the gunner, suggest that I) bring lochnagar, incendiary, and lesmok. That way he has ammunition for 4 ranges - very short (loch), short (incendiary), medium (normal), and long (lesmok). I do realize the benefits of burst and charged mines, but I usually opt for the 4 different ranges instead of more effective medium range mining.

Incendiary rounds are in my opinion better at short range mining than heatsink or greased since they do not reduce the damage. However, after the last patch, I would probably at least consider bringing heatsink instead of incendiary if the enemy has flamers due to how you can "reload and forget about chem spraying it" after using heatsink on it.

Heat-sink is useful for defensive mining where the phobos is not one of the builds primary weapons, a last second short range mine with the -20% projectile speed is much quicker to aim and shoot and then leave the gun immediately to return to repairs because of heat-sinks +50% yaw speed buff.

When crewing a lumberjack fish build that has mines I tend to use greased rounds for mining purely because I have them and can use them to change the deploy range where the phobos is not used as a primary weapon.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:17:59 am by GeoRmr »

Offline Schwerbelastung

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 15
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 09:17:23 am »

Heat-sink is useful for defensive mining where the phobos is not one of the builds primary weapons, a last second short range mine with the -20% projectile speed is much quicker to aim and shoot and then leave the gun immediately to return to repairs because of heat-sinks +50% yaw speed buff.

Correct. I usually opt for the non-reduced damage of incendiary mines compared to heatsink ones if I don't have to worry about the flame stacks as the turning speed seems to be good enough even without heatsink. Both incendiary and heatsink are viable short-range mines for me, depending on how much fire I'm facing, but before this patch I usually didn't need to consider heatsink.

Offline Crafeksterty

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 07:24:32 am »
I really dont see the apeal for incindiary. From where the default mines deploy is enough for me, add in charged and its pretty strong.
Shorter than that lies Lochnagar, lochnagar busts either 90-100% armor, or 50% hull health. Very good versus rammers or just ships getting in that close.
Lesmok for long ranges. obvisously. Incindiary only adds extra fire on components otherwise wouldnt have fire. No real more fire stacks, and its pretty random to how much fire you do put on the ship because you rely on chance.

Offline Chmielewski

• Salutes: 19
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2014, 08:08:53 am »
That was actually helpful, thanks! Mining is still hard for me, though...