Author Topic: Flag communication/identification  (Read 15200 times)

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Flag communication/identification
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 02:18:44 am »
Why can't we just have voice commands for captain-to-captain communication?

That would be helping quite I lot, I guess, for players without a mic. Bear in mind that it includes the danger of trolls spamming voice commands and the limited possibilites of predefined voice commands in the many situations you will encounter.
Still, voice commands might be at least a help for captains too.

It's good even if you do have a mic. I use voice commands regularly and don't talk as much now, because it's much clearer with voice commands as they display a message on the screen.

Trolls abusing the system? They can already abuse regular voice commands (if they wanted to). These commands would simply be an extension to the current system.

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 07:44:46 am »
Hm, I'm not sure what I'd say to my fellow captain through an option based system. The crew chat is a little easier because you generally have the same frame of reference. Usually I'd let them who we're targeting, where I plan on flying, helping them be aware of ambushes, etc. Those tend to require a level of detail and specificity you can't get through limited options. It'd have to be toned down to "There's an enemy on my right/left/front/back/up/down!" "Group up on me!" "I'm going in!" "I'm retreating~" Maybe a "I'm going East/West/North/South"

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 08:29:36 am »
if your going to add an flagsystem while we have in game voice chat.

why not add a change in the voice chat between captains so it sounds like your speaking over an old radio.
this will make it alot more awesome.