Author Topic: Ship weapon ideas  (Read 5746 times)

Offline Ninjamanj

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Ship weapon ideas
« on: December 14, 2013, 02:49:23 pm »
These are just ideas so don't freak out if you think they are the most stupid things you have ever seen.

1. Heavy whirlwind Gatling gun(medium weapon platform), Basically 2-4 whirlwind Gatling guns one 1 frame.

2. leacher rocket(light weapon platform), a very slow firing rocket that connects to a ship part(other than the hull) and does damage to it over time. To get it off your ship you would simply have to hit it with a hammer a couple of times.

3. Heavy flamethrowers(medium weapon platform), longer range flame throwers with more flame.

This next idea is WAY out there and is probably a terrible idea.
Mini airship, a very small, fast, but weak single man airship with a single light weapon controlled by the pilot. you would control it like a normal airship but you would also use the mouse to aim and fire the weapon. Pilots would still be able to use there piloting abilities by selecting it then right clicking, gunners would use there ammo types just like they normally do. This would have to be on a different weapon platform so someone doesn't outfit a galleon with four of them and do a lot of damage. once deployed you would not be able to repair it or get off until you move back to the launching pad on your ship. If it dies anyone with a engineer tool would be able to re-build the mini airship and the pilot of the mini airship would wait a few seconds before they re spawn on the ship. It would be a very slow re-build on account for how useful and powerful it would be.

Offline Ninjamanj

• View Profile
Re: Ship weapon ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 02:59:16 pm »
Another idea for the mini airship is a airship with 2 of these mini airship pads and 1 weapon. It would be fairly weak and slow since it would have two of these airship platforms which would be fairly heavy. Also one last thing have a option to not have the mini airship platform and when you do you lose a bit of your upward movement speed.

Offline Sylas Firehammer

• Salutes: 2
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 03:08:03 pm »
These actually sound kind of interesting in regards to the new weapons, but I'm not sure how balanced they could be.

Offline Ninjamanj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 03:16:10 pm »
well the heavy whirlwind and heavy flame thrower would both be on a heavy base so they can do a bit more damage.

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 03:41:31 pm »
I actually dont see the point in both of them.
A heavy flamer? THey flamers only purpose is to disable ... But it probably wont do to much to a good crew.
It might work a bid on goldfish and a closerange side of a galleon but not sure ...
The heavy gat? Why?
The light gatling is already stripping the hull armor of most ships in one clip. So for what do i need a heavy version of this?
Which i could use on 3 ships which doesnt benefit so much from it ...

The leecher? Would need alot of tweaks and goes against the easy princip to learn the paths we currently have.
You would need to tie it to certain points on each ship cause else it might be impossible to remove.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 07:24:20 pm »
You have to think a bit differently in terms of Medium guns.  All or most light guns are very singular. By that i mean they have one functionality.

Merc shoots a sniper bullet. Disables components and does hull armor dmg. As simple as that.
Gattling shoots quick and consucetivealaely runs armor down. close range As simple as that.
Flamethrower flames.
Mortar blowy uppy stuff.
etc.
etc.

Now go back to medium guns.
Lumberjack, fires a long ranging projectile that blows up baloons in a great arc. Aims super high and low. Very specific to its left and right. Has an ironsight that helps the gunner determining the shot.
Twin carronade, blows up baloon in close range like a shotgun. Demolishes parts if aimed at that instead. Requiers very close range.
Hwacha, fires a barrage of rockets that disable and explosive damage. Used for both killing and or disabling. Long or short.
Heavy flak, hits hard to almost full kill when armor is down. Shots very slow and needs to be in atleast medium range. Bullets slow etc etc.

So when you say. A medium gattling gun that is as simple as 2-4 power of gattling guns then youve just defeated the light version.

My idea is a cannon: Shoots a big hitbox cannon ball that deals piercing and impact damage and hits the ship like it got rammed (like hitting a mine).  One shot, long reload. No arming time.

My second idea is Bullet hunter: Shoots a short range very very close range aray of shotgun shots that eliminate any oncoming projectile. Does disabling damage only. Is a completely new gunning game for the gunner to fire the gun at projectiles from the enemy to protect their own ship.  Fair Reload.  Does not work versus non projectile type (Gattling, flamer, flair)

Oh my third idea is Air blast: I giant toy air concentrator... just kidding. But a gun that blasts for 0 dmg but flips other ships like they where hit by a moonshining galleon. One shot, very long reload. Somewhat invisible shot that is slow. Goes from short to very long range.

Fourth!!! Drone launcher: The gunner launches a small flying drone plane that he steers. Shoots gattling shots at 50% rate of the gattling firing speed. And right click disabling artemis rocket that does only disabling and 50% of that damage from the artemis disabling side.  The ammo on the plane is limited so no reloading on the plane itself, but it can crash onto a ship for explosive, 150. A new drone plane reloads on the gun that launches it slowly when one expires.

The fourth is most interresting. I mean... think about it on a galleon... ooooooooo