Author Topic: Art meta is boring  (Read 90562 times)

Offline Mithron

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
Art meta is boring
« on: December 11, 2013, 01:09:19 pm »
I know there's a huge 8 page long thread on the Art, but I'm really disappointed in seeing it wasn't nerfed/changed in this recent patch. I loved this game the first week I discovered it: noobs everywhere, tons of crazy ship and weapon combinations and learning the game was awesome. There were tons of low ranks to play with and so many different strategies to discover and learn with. Now I log in to nothing but rank 10+ clan tryhards in the only 4 games available and they're all using Art metas. It's so boring. I've played this game for less than a week and I'm already bored and tired of it. During peak hours, it's not much different. Maybe 8 games available with clan stacking everywhere.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Art meta is boring
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 01:18:27 pm »
It was fixed because its not over powered.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 01:26:21 pm by Sammy B. T. »

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 02:00:20 pm »
^^

Stop trying to charge a sniping ship and thinking it's okay to get away with it.

Offline Mithron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 03:15:01 pm »
Except it is OP, and everyone's using sniping ships now so there is no other way to play.

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 03:22:47 pm »
Any real argument besides its op?
Its just a viable build you have to figure out how to fight it.
I play on alot of sniper ships. (Galleons, artemis junkers) And i know its weaknesses.
Just because most ppl try to charge snipers straight they arent op.

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 03:25:38 pm »
And tghen we wonder why so few new players remain. Could Sammy and Byron be a bit nicer to new players?

Artemis spam is an issue this is allways seems to be the case when some new leong range meta is found. After all clans want practice with the new meta and practice against the new meta. Need to be prepared when you go into competitive events.

As for countering artemis just hope they aren't good with it and will thus not camp at the maximum altitude. Try to neak up on them, use cover as much as possible. Attack with both ships at the same time, use difirent approach so they can't switch from 1 target to the other easily and fast. Try to go above them, try to pop their ballons and get good with mobula. It's going to probably become the counter to junkers. Especialy artemis junkers.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 03:33:06 pm »
How does this have anything to do with new players or my niceness to them? I hardly even play with non gents or non competitively. What the heck do you know about my niceness or lack thereof? Is that really the best argument you have in an Artemis debate, my niceness?

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 03:37:55 pm »
I would like to se comments to new players like this:
^^

Stop trying to charge a sniping ship and thinking it's okay to get away with it.

replaced with helpful comments. Copy paste them if you have them. Or link them.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 03:46:05 pm »
Stating a weapon isn't op is hardly being mean.

I honestly like the fact that triple artemis Junkers are so popular right now is it makes the game a bit easier for me. Artemis and Hwachas are routinely declared OP when the reality is they are annoying but counter-able.

Offline Mithron

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 03:59:26 pm »
I like how everyone says they're not op and just counter them, but don't post how to counter or what counters them other than "hope they're bad."

Offline Chango

• Salutes: 13
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 04:00:40 pm »
I dub the artemis as the noobtube. I tend to use them if I have a very low level crew. So if your Captain is flying a 3 artemis junker, it's because he thinks you are a bunch of noobs!

Offline Sammy B. T.

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 04:03:56 pm »
Move your ship around, shoot out there artemis, take advantage of their lack of killing power, be smart about rebuilds (sometimes leave a component almost rebuilt) use height advantage, pop their balloons.

^All this, you will see in that 8 page thread about the artemis.

Offline Subarco

• Salutes: 4
    • [♞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 04:04:22 pm »
People have posted counters in the other thread. Artemis don;t have a good vertical arc so you take advantage of that by rising above them. If the enemy is at the max sky ceiling, you lower your altitude so that they are also forced to go low in order to shoot you, and when you are close, quickly rise above them. Basically, anything, but charging in a straight line at a wall of Artemis rockets.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 04:04:59 pm »
A squid with a carronade will lock this build down almost instantly, so easy.

Offline snor-laxatives

• Salutes: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 05:07:04 pm »
Exactly what has been mentioned.  Look at the 8-pager, but just incase:

Move up: you dont even necessarily need to bring Hydrogen for this to be effective

Come at them low: let your balloon try and protect the rest of your ship from shatter

Pop their balloons: if you cant go higher then them, make them go lower.  (also might I add that a good lumberjack can wreck art's line of fire.  Or at least provide a decent counter.)

Coordinate with your team: I realize this wont be possible in every match

Prepare for it:  If you love flying Brawly and your facing an all art Junker, be willing to have long range guns in your back pocket, because at some point you may need them.