Author Topic: Resume match timer  (Read 4769 times)

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
Resume match timer
« on: March 13, 2013, 05:40:05 am »
Is there any way to cancel the resume timer?

When I join a match lobby I quickly swap to spectator so I can see what the ship loadouts are and get a feel for the balance of the game.  Sometimes this means that I'll be catapaulted into the game as a spectator because the start timer was running down.  If I abandon match to rejoin and choose a position I'm then on the 180 second resume timer, and any attempt to go back into the match puts me back as spectator.

Is there a way to cancel the timer and resume to the crew roster list?

Offline Veffidia

• Salutes: 6
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Resume match timer
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 10:27:52 am »
I noticed this too.  It's caused me to be dropped into matches with bad/mixed equipment.  Heck, I might not even have a Role active that she ship I get assigned to needs.  It would be nice to be considered as "not currently having joined any team" when entering a new room manually just so that I have a few seconds to orient myself.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Resume match timer
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 08:23:52 pm »
Is there any way to cancel the resume timer?

Is there a way to cancel the timer and resume to the crew roster list?

Yes, it's a sneaky trick but if you spectate another ongoing match and back out; you can rejoin the original one however you'd like without waiting 180 seconds.

I noticed this too.  It's caused me to be dropped into matches with bad/mixed equipment.  Heck, I might not even have a Role active that she ship I get assigned to needs.  It would be nice to be considered as "not currently having joined any team" when entering a new room manually just so that I have a few seconds to orient myself.

If you just have bad equipment but the correct role you can simply press esc, abaandon match, change your equipment and resume. I do this all the time when I forget to take the right tools when the ship has changed.