Author Topic: Spawn system feedback 1.3.4  (Read 112574 times)

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn system feedback 1.3.4
« Reply #180 on: December 13, 2013, 04:55:35 pm »
I think we should wait and see how the new system changes things before we start pushing further down the line. An interesting a complex respawn system with shifting spawn points could be amazing, but it might not be worth the work involved to make it happen.

Offline Urz

• Salutes: 75
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 14, 2013, 12:06:50 am »
Whatever I do at this point, I'm just screwed anyway.  So yeah.

What about removing this feature from production until it's not broken? Why is that not an option?

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 14, 2013, 12:52:07 am »
As awkm said, it's not a simple fix to bring back the old system. A lot of functionality and UI changed.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 14, 2013, 04:48:36 pm »
For certain maps, have you considered a checkerboard spawn area layout instead of 'this side-that side' scrimmage?

Such as:

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #184 on: December 15, 2013, 11:36:43 am »
That example wouldn't solve any of the current issues.

Offline snor-laxatives

• Salutes: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 15, 2013, 05:07:52 pm »
First I have to say, I love the spawn points idea, i hope to see it flushed out.

Now to business.... This may have been mentioned, discussed, and shot down already... but what about having the spawn points function with a timer?

for Example... Team A has a Pyra (P) and Galleon (G).  Team B has a Junker (J) and a Squid (S).

Brawl begins.  J is downed by Team A, he now has a choice of where to spawn.  He decides to spawn as close to the battle as possible, meaning for 1 min that spawn point cannot be used by either team.  Upon returning Team B kills P, who now has to spawn farther away, but Team A follows by killing S.

Heres the dynamic, now J and G are left alone duking it out, and both Teams have to decide if they are going to regroup somewhere else, or if they are going to try to hold for the calvary.

I could see it dealing with the meat grinder that happens more in most matches.

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #186 on: December 16, 2013, 04:29:47 am »
Yeah the new system is great because you can get back in the action quicker and it helps prevent randomly spawning next to an enemy (although now you have the option to!).

Would I'd prefer is to spawn further away from the action. Although this game is all about intense, fast (not in terms of how long it takes :P) battles, I'd prefer a bit more realism: after your destruction the new ship has to enter the airspace from a nearby port. That kind of thing.

One issue: if you forget to spawn. I kept forgetting, so we were out of action for a good 20 seconds before I realised I had to select a spawn point. Maybe automatically select the closest one after 15-20 secs?

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
« Reply #187 on: December 16, 2013, 10:58:28 am »