Author Topic: Language training days?  (Read 20871 times)

Offline Ataris

• Salutes: 20
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: Language training days?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 12:31:16 pm »
i'm best to join any day excepting Tuesday and Saturday (cause of The Cogs) from 6 to 10 pm UTC

Offline Grease

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 12:35:32 pm »
I'm totally in. Although my native language is russian, i get lots of fun playing with english-speaking captns and trying to improve my english as well to better understand their pronounce and accent.
I don't know english much, though.

May i suggest to annonce event time in EST and GMT format? We're in Russia not very familiar with EST timestamps, and majority of russian-speaking players have +3 GMT local time, take this in account when planning preferable time to play.

Offline Ataris

• Salutes: 20
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 12:51:03 pm »
May i suggest to annonce event time in EST and GMT format? We're in Russia not very familiar with EST timestamps, and majority of russian-speaking players have +3 GMT local time, take this in account when planning preferable time to play.
Grease, we are +4 GMT (for Moskow). GMT is usually called UTC now, sure you know
EST (New York)  is -4 GMT since States are running summer time, so -8 hours from Moskow time
You can use this tool if any misunderstanding happens: http://time.yandex.ru/
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 12:55:45 pm by Ataris »

Offline symph

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 01:17:05 pm »
I can help you any day after 16:00 UTC, I think. Preferably Friday-Saturday-Sunday.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 01:28:42 pm »
Just post the times in GMT/UTC, I am on the west coast of the US (GMT -7) so I have to do some converting anyway.

Offline Grease

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2013, 02:18:01 pm »
Grease, we are +4 GMT (for Moskow). GMT is usually called UTC now, sure you know
Ahem. I thought we've got UTC+3, but I've done a little research and realized that you were right, it's actually UTC+4 in Moscow and west regions of Russia.
Anyway, announce time not only in EST and I'll be happy.

Btw, i'd love to practice with my terrible pronounciation, so sorry for my bad english in advance.

Offline Kyren

• Salutes: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 05:50:41 am »
Hmpf, I'll have to step down from organizing this one :/ I've barely been able to come online this week, our office is closed during the next week and that means there's a lot of stuff to get on track before we're off.. (including me, on holidays) I'll be back around the 2nd of April, then I can organize or help organizing this again! I'm sorry, guys, I hope someone else can take it over or we manage to get it going in early April again!