Author Topic: Official Rule Suggestion Page  (Read 46263 times)

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Official Rule Suggestion Page
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2013, 01:41:53 am »
It's for the teams that show up every week not more often, you only get 1 per week.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2013, 01:48:57 am »
Yes, and im fairly certain this system is going to last a few weeks, of which I might not feel like playing all consecutively. Thus I would lose the chance to earn that point, and all points that any team makes that week. Either way, that one point is guaranteed to them and not I, and losing a seed to that would be pretty silly when this should be based on wins, not who can field the most people each week.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2013, 01:53:20 am »

Yes, and im fairly certain this system is going to last a few weeks, of which I might not feel like playing all consecutively. Thus I would lose the chance to earn that point, and all points that any team makes that week. Either way, that one point is guaranteed to them and not I, and losing a seed to that would be pretty silly when this should be based on wins, not who can field the most people each week.

so we're making a rulesystem which we know is not gonna last long?

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2013, 01:55:20 am »
Im sure if it takes off it'll repeat itself, like seasons. X weeks till the big tourney, followed by a break and then the next season.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2013, 01:57:39 am »
how long does a season last?

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2013, 09:29:23 am »
I haven't seen it in the fine print yet.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2013, 01:02:06 pm »
Alrighty…. I gave this topic some time to consider all the points, and see what could be improved… That being said, please keep in mind that these are my opinions, and suggestions on how I would like to see them improved upon.

First, I’d like to discuss the “competitive TEAM” section of the glossary. It’s been said before, but I feel as though it needs repeated. If we’re doing Teams, instead of clans, there should be no max, but a min of 8 players… that way the community is not wasting time trying to schedule matches with teams that don’t have the upfront manpower to field a team. This will help focus who we can battle, and will reduce the amount of overhead you would need to manage.

Second, regarding both the participation point, and badge in the final tourney. I cannot really say that I’m a fan of either of these tbh. These kinda just devalue the all the other rewards for competing, and is kinda insulting to receive imho. The participation point will only discourage new teams from joining the system mid-season, as the points will be so high, it’d be impossible to rise up the ranks. I could see an argument for the participation badges, but I still feel that it’d be insulting if I ever received one…

Finally, I’d like to take the time to discuss the Leviathan Seasonal. First, May I ask the reason that the deadline for signups are Thursday, and not Wednesday? I feel as though that it would not allow teams the time to prepare for the match. Also, what is done in the event that both teams that are assigned to each other cannot agree on a common available time? The event would get rather boring if the same teams played each other at the same time every week, b/c that’s the only time they’re available.

All-in-all, the system hasn’t really changed much from season 1, and that concerns me a little. We’re going to be relying heavily on the league to gain the points we need to be in the tournament, and with the flexible nature of that system, I can see the potential for the 2nd season to repeat the 1st :\

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2013, 02:07:07 pm »
Ugh, this whole thing is a mess. They can implement some vague and yet intricate rating system for matchmaking, and yet they can't create a similar ranking system for competitive? Comon...little check mark for each team if this is a competitive game, winner gets a rank, loser doesn't. Simple.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2013, 03:22:15 pm »
Shink, I think a late start would be next to impossible to rise to top regardless of a participation point or not.

Byrong, they would need to also put in some sort of verification system otherwise they would get flooded by "competitive matches." That would be needlessly complicated and hard to implement. You know what is easy, screenshot and email.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2013, 04:39:24 pm »
Underdog point are how teams catch up.

I don't see how participation points are an issue if teams are active since most teams usually play some sort of competitive match per week. Missing a week and it's associated point every once and a while is unlikely to doom a team from missing the invitational.

I don't really think it matters one way or the other if participation points are given and at the very least encourages, you know, participation.

Participation badges on the other hand, I think I could agree on removing.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2013, 11:35:58 pm »
Shink, I think a late start would be next to impossible to rise to top regardless of a participation point or not.

and this is the crux of the problem... We all know Muse wants to motivate competitive teams to play more competitive matches. To this point, they've kept everything flexible, and open to any and all teams whenever they start up. However... Participation points is simply going to discourage new teams from playing, and decrease the amount of competitive matches that could have happened in the season. If it's going to be too difficult for a new team created mid-season, then stop hiding it in the points, and make a rule that makes new teams wait until the next season to compete...

We will never agree on participation points guys. I understand that, and will agree to disagree... I'm simply concerned with what I see to be a flaw in the system

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2013, 02:28:53 am »
Your lack of confidence amuses me Shink.
If the system fails then we have learned not to use it anymore.

Most of the time you just need to try things out.

Offline Frogger

• Salutes: 20
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2013, 03:58:55 am »
Ugh, this whole thing is a mess. They can implement some vague and yet intricate rating system for matchmaking, and yet they can't create a similar ranking system for competitive? Comon...little check mark for each team if this is a competitive game, winner gets a rank, loser doesn't. Simple.

Byron, while I certainly agree that the system as proposed is less than ideal and that we would be much better off with some kind of a integrated competitive ranking system, I might suggest that you guys just start recording all of your competitive games and practices if you don't already. I'm fairly certain that such recordings, or screenshots of them, could be used as proof for submitting points. And it's really something competitive teams should do anyhow, as having a library of recordings for matches and practices is invaluable for strategizing.

Again, not an ideal solution, but just getting into the habit of keeping these sorts of records makes it much less likely you'll forgot to snap a screenshot at the end of an intense competitive match. And given Muse's statements that they won't create any formal, integrated competitive ranking system anytime soon, it seems like we may have to accept the fact that this onus is shifted onto the player.

If you guys would like some advice on software for rendering and recording, along with settings, hit me up on Steam. I really like Dxtory, which causes only the slightest performance hit on my three year-old gaming laptop.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2013, 11:55:01 am »
Your lack of confidence amuses me Shink.
If the system fails then we have learned not to use it anymore.

Most of the time you just need to try things out.

It's not really a lack of confidence... It's more of a lack of enthusiasm... I'm not particularly excited for the upcoming season, as everything is relying on this league system that feels tacked on rather than integrated into the new competitive scene... I shouldn't be bored when I think of the competitive scene :\

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2013, 12:06:48 pm »
dont worry, if it sucks then we bail out and the system will crumble down until its broken.
then those guys who created this have to find a new solution to repay our lost time and progress as it is forever lost in a tornado of darknes.