Author Topic: Weaponidea - Damagetype based on ammo  (Read 7086 times)

Offline Terrkas

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 4
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Weaponidea - Damagetype based on ammo
« on: November 30, 2013, 04:48:16 pm »
Hi there, since i started playing GoIo i thought about a weapon which damagetype is based on the used ammunition. For example the weapon would deal only or additional explosive if bursts are used. Deals firedamage with incendiary and piercing with heavy used.
It could have a basic damagetype, that is allways delt and its second damagetype would be affected by the ammo.

When i had the idea i thought about classic cannons. Ordinary cannonballs would do only the primary damagetype (maybe shatter). If you use chained cannonballs it is flechette (i have no idea which ammo would fit) a hot cannonball for fire and so on.

That weapon could be very effective to every part of enemy ships so for balancing issues the second damage should be very low. I would like something like that to be an allrounder, usefull in every situation but not the best choice.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
Re: Weaponidea - Damagetype based on ammo
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 10:23:30 pm »
So a realistic reason to switch out different ammos? Absurd.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 05:48:10 am »
They tried different dmg types in the guns awhile back in the dev app. It literally made some guns very OP.

Its not a bad idea. I thought about it many months ago but it would need a lot of work to prevent some weapons just just owning everything. More than it is probably worth in the end.

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 05:52:25 am »
An allround weapon is never something I'd call a good idea, sorry. A gatling and a mortar combined in one gun, that's ... no, don't want that.

Offline Terrkas

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 4
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 05:08:06 am »
If you have to reload to switch from pierce to explosive and the reload takes some time, maybe 10 secs. It should not really be a big problem i think.

Offline Charon

• Salutes: 95
    • [RAFT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 07:28:04 am »
I'd love to toss some SLAP rounds into the whirlwind and go to town on those components.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 07:43:52 am »
This has been suggested before (https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,1225.msg20313.html#msg20313), and I'm still very hesitant about it.... I fear that this change would do more harm than good.

Offline Charon

• Salutes: 95
    • [RAFT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 04:11:24 pm »
At this point, Shink, it most definitely would. The current system is the best way to advance, for sure. It's fun as hell to imagine, though.