Author Topic: Asia/Australia Players Looking for Competitive Team  (Read 21221 times)

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
Re: Asia/Australia Players Looking for Competitive Team
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 02:05:13 am »
asian/australian group?

The moment "Guns of Icarus" becomes "Guns of Starcraft"
GomTV picks up GOIO as its newest game. Urz, Brick, Papa and I head to South Korea to become the casting crew for it. #wildestfantasies

Don't forget the prize money from tournaments... Yes please...

zerg of icarus tactic: 2 galleons with ramming speed.

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 03:51:35 am »
I'm from Down Under and would love to get involved in the competitive scene, or at least spectate. There are hardly ever any Oceania servers when I try to play, so I usually don't play at all.

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 04:48:32 am »
I'm from Down Under and would love to get involved in the competitive scene, or at least spectate. There are hardly ever any Oceania servers when I try to play, so I usually don't play at all.

The lag isn't to bad in the EU and American servers... You start to get used to the 300 ping anyway. Then again I get 300 ping on many games which don't have SE Asia servers :P

Offline Jazzza

• View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 05:12:41 am »

The lag isn't to bad in the EU and American servers... You start to get used to the 300 ping anyway. Then again I get 300 ping on many games which don't have SE Asia servers :P

Last night I didn't want to pilot because of the lag, but I ended up piloting and having a lot of fun. It wasn't too bad. I guess I'm just remember the days of extreme lag spikes with GoI 6 months ago. :P

Offline Tropo

• Salutes: 31
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2013, 05:32:52 am »
couple of aussie in sacrilege come fly some time

Offline Jazzza

• View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2013, 09:19:13 pm »
What do you guys think about a Steam group or somewhere that we can use to organise "fight nights" for people to attend to ensure there will be Oceania servers & Australian (and NZ) players online?

I know there's at least one Australian Steam group for Guns Of Icarus Online but there are only a few members.

Offline Gadzoooks

• Salutes: 0
    • [‽]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2013, 06:59:26 am »
Didn't check this thread for a while, and then suddenly there's a buttload of people in here @.=.@

After much deliberation, my friends and I have considered forming up our own clan to host a dedicated Asia/Australia team. We're still sorta in the works of fleshing it out, but we have plans to host a mumble server, play other games and all that whatnot. If anyone's interested, hit me up on Steam @ ryaneyj/Gadzooks and I'd be more than happy to fill you in on what we're trying to do so far!

Offline Gadzoooks

• Salutes: 0
    • [‽]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2013, 07:01:14 am »
Oh hey I just noticed it's Gadzooks who started this thread!... ah the good ol' days of hunting (Not stalking constantly) you down because you were one of the only bounties to come online for my timezone <3

Oh man, where have you been? Haven't seen you in ages, I haven't forgotten you and your pyra <3

Offline Jazzza

• View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2014, 01:58:11 am »
After much deliberation, my friends and I have considered forming up our own clan to host a dedicated Asia/Australia team. We're still sorta in the works of fleshing it out, but we have plans to host a mumble server, play other games and all that whatnot. If anyone's interested, hit me up on Steam @ ryaneyj/Gadzooks and I'd be more than happy to fill you in on what we're trying to do so far!

Cool. :)

Offline Goldenglade

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 05:23:18 am »
I've seen you all fly I would love for you all to have your own team to be 100% honest. If you can that'd be awesome ^.^