Author Topic: Canyon Ambush  (Read 8782 times)

Offline Cl ick to Ca p t ain

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 25
    • [?]
    • View Profile
    • ṋ̟̳̪͒ͦ͑ͯ͒̓̾͌̓ͥ̐̓o̹̗̭̝̪͚͖͙̖̝̳͔̮̟͙͆ͬ̇̋͗̒ͮͭ͌ͥ̀ͩͮ̆͛ͭ͐̈́ ̝̘̟̝̥̭͔̼͓͖̘̜̦̰͒͊̒͆̃ͩ͛̋͋̎̂̊̏͆ͣ̚ͅ ͓̦̖͔̖̞̟̱͉̪͇̮̫͉̀͋̆͗̑̽̿̚ͅ ̥͍͚̣̂̈́ͪ͋̂ͥ̊ͧͣ͌̉̇̓͆ͨ̔ͤ̍ ̫͇͕̤̣̩̗͎̭̙̱͔̘̝͖̀ͭ̆͂̈́ͅ ͎̹͓̼͖̥̤̗ͦͤ̈̄̚ͅt͎̞̺̱̜̺̋̋̊͗ͬ͗ͪͩ̈ͮ̽̐̉̀̅ͫ̃h̤̺͎͖̯͈͍̲͛͂̉́̎̂̔̚ ̯̲͓̭̬̱͈̟̳͒͒̉̈̊͊ͅͅ ̘͓͈͚̦ͪ̽͑ͣ̓ͦ͊̐̿̇̈́ ͪͨ͛̌̔̽͆ͬͪ̂̐
Canyon Ambush
« on: November 13, 2013, 10:23:10 pm »
I don't know how everyone else feels, but me personally I think there is just too much cloud cover, I half expected a Tommy Chong easter egg to be hidden somewhere. If I'm alone in this opinion I'll gladly grit teeth and bear it but in my opinion what we need is maybe some more terrain interference, IE more stone pillars or more wreckage/debris, not more clouds. All the clouds are accomplishing at this point is making Ambush much slower and more tedious to navigate. Even the slightest lag will have you flying through a cloud and into the terrain.

That being said it is still one of my favorite maps, which is the only reason I'm taking the time to suggest downing the fog a bit.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
Re: Canyon Ambush
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 10:27:29 pm »
I mostly just think there is too much cloud cover in the canyon itself.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 11:35:16 pm »
It is true that there is alot of cloud cover, but some cloud covers are not needed. I believe so because theres too much! The clouds arent exactly placed to break positions, its just placed. Well how it seems...

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 12:13:08 am »
I agree, aiming a gun into clouds does kill my framerate on this map sometimes.  Maybe if there are changes to the reticle and ship targets so that you can see them in clouds (as discussed in this thread) the cloud cover will be less of an issue.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 01:42:58 am »
When it comes to lag I noticed that flying under one of the giant pipes in blue spawn (A very specific one) no longer generates immense amounts of lag anymore which is great. On another note I have to agree, the number of clouds in the map is kind of insane and could probably be reduced.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 08:15:20 am »
I mostly just think there is too much cloud cover in the canyon itself.

This. The moving cloud cover in the spawns is great, it makes it a lot easier to approach a team that's camping in their spawn and sniping. The clouds in the canyon just make it really difficult for two teams that want to find each other to do so.

Ideally, I'd like to see the canyons part extended a bit more into each spawn, but for the easy change I'd like brawlers to be able to see each other in the canyons.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 10:16:05 am »
If Muse were to cut the clear areas of the spawns in half and maybe reduce some of the clouds in the canyon proper, perhaps make them moving, Canyon would be even more the best map.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 11:08:31 am »
There need to be clouds in the open areas or some games would turn into sniper standoffs. I am all for fewer clouds. Just enough that if a brawler team waits for 2 minutes they will eventually have cloud cover enough to run a sniper team.

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 01:15:12 pm »
I kind of like the cloud cover, as I generally use clouds a lot when I play. However a lot of players like to stick to open areas where they don't have to deal with the clouds (on just about any map), which is why players usually wait around one of the spawns where it's a lot more open. I think shifting some of the clouds actually in the canyon out to strategic spots around the spawns might promote more combat occur within the canyon portion of the map itself.

So maybe remove some clouds in the canyons and put some more in the currently open areas.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 01:24:40 pm »
Ideally, the best thing for Canyon would be to fill in the ends with more rock formations. But since that doesn't seem to be in the works, clouds have to be resorted to. Why the canyon itself is practically full of clouds? I have no idea. Some of the clouds should be removed from the canyon area itself, but keep the ones around the spawn areas, so as to discourage camping.

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 54
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 01:36:20 pm »
i think the clouds could be moved to cover up some of the sniping spots making them harder, i.e the canyon opening the lower part where you can fly over is a prime sniping spot, maybe make the cloud cover less dense but more frequent so, it doesn't turn into pop up lumberjack and back down between a galleon and junker haha

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 12:09:57 am »
Clouds are fine for me on every map.... cept Paritan Rumble/ The Labyrinth.... Floating blindly through the middle of a thick foggy cloud while stuck between 2 buildings and an.... "Oh god where did that twisted piece of metal come from!?" gets pretty intense even at slow speeds.

Clouds add as much challenge as they do sanctuary for both brawlers and snipers, which I just adore.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 12:17:55 am by Grey-Wolf Jack »

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 12:13:50 am »
When flying on Paritian it's generally a rule of thumb to take it slow, unless you're running, then you should probably push it and use the landscape (Or cityscape as it were) to your advantage.