Author Topic: Night Fights  (Read 9172 times)

Offline Janaas

• Salutes: 3
    • [Agnt]
    • View Profile
Night Fights
« on: March 12, 2013, 05:55:05 am »
I think it would be awesome.
Imagine this: You can't see anything farther than three or four ship lenghts away. You can't spot anything farther.
If You are shooting and there is line of sight between You and enemy You are automatically spotted (Guns flashing and stuff).
Flare guns becomes useful (!). (I think it could even become a must, at least one per team) He can reveal enemies without revealing You.
Flamethrower acting as a torch and so on.

Genuine hide and seek game.

One think that I am afraid of is that killing anybody could become almost impossible because disengaging is too easy.
How do You think? Would You like to play something like that?

Offline Kyren

• Salutes: 80
    • View Profile
Re: Night Fights
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 05:58:57 am »
That's a great idea! I already love the Raid on the Refinery map, because with all the clouds and obstacles it makes for good hiding, and it's not so easy to see approaching ships at times. I'd naturally like to see this expanded!

I imagine games taking horribly long in this mode, though - You've already got to be quick to take down a Squid, but if you can't see the Squid it gets even worse :P

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 08:39:29 am »
I've begged for it on a few occasions, but I'm not sure it's reached any ears.

I've always loved the thought of a true night map, with flares and muzzle flash playing a huge tactical role.  Would certainly enhance the coordination between deck crew and pilot.

Offline Jinrai

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 12:53:46 pm »
I love this idea!  :)

Flareguns might be a bit OP in this setting, but the idea is awesome, and like Dick Tim said, would motivate the crew to work together more efficiently, which is always a good thing.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 12:55:11 pm »
This is an idea I like. It would certainly add to the "holy crap, he's right next to us" factor, and would make for some great fights.

Offline Cpt. Yami

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 01:01:06 pm »
LOVING IT!~~~

In all seriousness though, I would very much like to have night fights, simply because it would add so much to skirmish mode as is. Think about it, the enormous tension of not being able to see your opponents from miles away with the spyglass, having to using flares to light the way or else unsuspectedly crash into scenery with the risk of exposing your position. The silence before the storm as you just can´t seem to find your target, until you suddenly hear engines roaring to life in your rear. The chaos that ensues would be so epic to experience.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 01:41:53 pm »
This has been suggested before and I think the idea is just as good now as it was then. This could make for some really interesting tactics and high level play.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 02:37:48 pm »
This has been suggested before and I think the idea is just as good now as it was then. This could make for some really interesting tactics and high level play.
What he said

Offline Janaas

• [Agnt]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 05:41:56 pm »
What he said

Well, I checked this forum for things like that, didn't checked archive. Actually I was wondering why it seems that nobody else thought about it before.
Sorry for repeating what somebody else already wrote.
Carry on:)

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 06:28:08 pm »
What he said

Well, I checked this forum for things like that, didn't checked archive. Actually I was wondering why it seems that nobody else thought about it before.
Sorry for repeating what somebody else already wrote.
Carry on:)

No worries. Our old forum was a mess anyways so it's hard to find stuff there. And I still really like this idea.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 12:07:04 am »
You posting it here just means the idea is evolving independently in different head without pressures.  It's how a lot of good ideas gain credence.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 07:51:00 am »
I think this needs to be done. :)
it could be done in a single map to begin with, like northern fjords, that have hiding spots, open areas and some sort of aurora borealis sweeping in from time to time :p

or perhaps in the dunes if you want few but vital hiding spots.