Author Topic: Thats it, enough is enough...GOIO needs...  (Read 18592 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Thats it, enough is enough...GOIO needs...
« on: November 06, 2013, 07:28:19 pm »
An OS-tan  :D

OS-tans are anime characters for PC software. They are only ever marketed in Japan unfortunately so no one knows of them elsewhere but here is the OS-tan for Internet Explorer in a short anime: http://youtu.be/BHTUlF7NA2o

Enough is enough, we need OS-tans for the rest of the world!! GOIO would be the perfect platform to begin an invasion of all the normies who do not know the glory of OS-tans!

So discuss...what would GOIO's tan be?! What would her magical powers be? Her outfit? Something with cogs and gears I imagine.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: Thats it, enough is enough...GOIO needs...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 07:40:22 pm »
I want the OS-tan to have Bubble's haircut, or at least the haircut he was sporting during the kickstarter videos.

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 08:05:53 pm »
Normally I'd point out that OS-tans appear to be for operating systems; but apparently some were made for programs as well.

And I imagine her powers would involve cannons. Lots of cannons.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 08:13:10 pm »
This one girl from Symphogear uses guns: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBAjo3OhiDU

But it isn't steampunky enough.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:17:21 pm by Gilder Unfettered »

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 02:54:56 am »
So it's basically a new word for mascot?

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 04:47:36 am »
Not mascot...Moe Mascot!

Think about it, every time GOIO loads up, she hops on screen with a cute grin and guns blazing. Then in the lobby screen she rummages for scrap metal in the destroyed ship and at times turns around to show you the grimey cog she found as if she found real treasure! :D

Think of the fan fiction Rethburn could write from that!!

Offline HamsterIV

• View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 10:37:37 am »
Think of the fan fiction Rethburn could write from that!!
I am suddenly against this idea.

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 06:39:05 pm »
Do they fight? Does FireFox-tan and Chrome-tan do battle while Safari-tan sniffs paint off in a corner?

I might watch that.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 01:31:44 am »

Safari would have to fight IE for the glue.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 04:04:33 am »
Haha, totally.

Ya know I just had another idea. Do tans for all the GOIO ships! Sorta in a Japan power ranger/sailor moon setup!

Lets see...

Galleon: The rich girl who has everything with an over inflated ego and a snoody laugh.
Goldfish: The deredere clumsy endearing girl that carries around the biggest gun and always ends up falling over it yet saves the day half the time.
Pyra: The tsundere tough girl. Talks big and is confrontational but can never admit her true feelings...hence why she is slow when it really matters.
Junker: The dandere quiet girl. Doesn't like to run with the crowd and only talks to people when they come to her.
Spire: The yandere girl. Acts innocent and sweet. Looks frail and weak. Then gets violent and stabby when you try to approach her.
Squid: The energetic small girl. Bursting with energy, she loves to poke fun at all the other girls and is rarely caught. But when she does, they make fun of her size.
Mobula: The himedere girl. Demands love from everyone and to be treated like royalty because shes the new ship on the team. Often backfires.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 04:36:51 am »
GOI as Azumanga Daioh

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 06:00:55 am »
But they aren't in steampunky school girl outfits!

However I do approve the sinister looking cat that looks like its ready to rip faces off. Reminds me of B'Lanna ;D

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 10:34:12 am »
Haha, totally.

Ya know I just had another idea. Do tans for all the GOIO ships! Sorta in a Japan power ranger/sailor moon setup!

Lets see...

Galleon: The rich girl who has everything with an over inflated ego and a snoody laugh.
Goldfish: The deredere clumsy endearing girl that carries around the biggest gun and always ends up falling over it yet saves the day half the time.
Pyra: The tsundere tough girl. Talks big and is confrontational but can never admit her true feelings...hence why she is slow when it really matters.
Junker: The dandere quiet girl. Doesn't like to run with the crowd and only talks to people when they come to her.
Spire: The yandere girl. Acts innocent and sweet. Looks frail and weak. Then gets violent and stabby when you try to approach her.
Squid: The energetic small girl. Bursting with energy, she loves to poke fun at all the other girls and is rarely caught. But when she does, they make fun of her size.
Mobula: The himedere girl. Demands love from everyone and to be treated like royalty because shes the new ship on the team. Often backfires.

The fuck do all these Japanese words mean?

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 11:49:35 am »

I hate you all.

Offline HamsterIV

• View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 11:58:44 am »

I think you have the Galleon and the Goldfish mixed up. The Galleon should be large clumsy one always running into stuff yet being super effective in the few situations when being bigger is better. Where as the Goldfish should be the arrogant one driving her opponents into the ground and eventually crushing them beneath her heel.