Author Topic: Ship Bling  (Read 8123 times)

Offline GrandCheez

• Salutes: 0
    • [TGFT]
    • View Profile
    • The Guild of Free Traders
Ship Bling
« on: November 04, 2013, 11:40:32 am »
I'd like to be able to hoist a flag on my ship, or have an amazing figurehead.  Nobody can see my costume but 3 other people, and I'd like to have the others see a super sweet ship as well.

A wishlist:

• Flags!  Nations/Pirate/Goofy/Etc.
  • Figureheads
  • Norse Shields
  • Winged or Plain Oars
  • Turn all guns into plain cannonball cannons
  • Painted Hull!
  • Insignias for the balloon
  • The birthday party streamers

I know this would make the ships more distinguishable in battle, but I think just about every pilot would want some super sweet ship bling.  Add this into achievements so people can deck out their ship with a few things so all the ships are somehow slightly different.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 12:05:52 pm by GrandCheez »

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Bling
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 02:07:06 pm »
Other people are actually able to see your costume. They just click your name and either browse your profile or check your equipment.

I do agree though, that costumisable ship exterior would be quite fancy. A thing that bugs me with figureheads though is this: Do they count as hitbox? If not - wouldn't it be leading to wrong conclusions amongst new players? Otherwise, giving hitboxes just for the sake of a fancy look ... is that really worth it? Does that even count as "fair play"? If you'd introduce a hitbox nonetheless (be there a figurehead or not) ... wouldn't that lead to wrong conclusions again hitboxes where there is no part of the ship)?

Offline Riggatto

• Salutes: 60
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 02:41:19 pm »
Maybe something like the goldfish's fins,  where it's purely decoration and doesn't look like it'd do any damage had you actually hit it,  OR,  make the customizations change the actual shape of the ship in the smallest way possible, (ex. It looks different,  but it's still the same shape).

Offline GrandCheez

• Salutes: 0
    • [TGFT]
    • View Profile
    • The Guild of Free Traders
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 05:13:10 pm »
A thing that bugs me with figureheads though is this: Do they count as hitbox? If not - wouldn't it be leading to wrong conclusions amongst new players? Otherwise, giving hitboxes just for the sake of a fancy look ... is that really worth it? Does that even count as "fair play"? If you'd introduce a hitbox nonetheless (be there a figurehead or not) ... wouldn't that lead to wrong conclusions again hitboxes where there is no part of the ship)?

Most figureheads fit along the beak of a ship.  The change would be purely cosmetic and I don't think a new hit box would be worth making.  They would be like the goldfish fins.

Not every ship may have a figurehead available.  Just like costumes are different between the sexes.  A hood ornament sticking out of a spire would look pretty silly.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 05:15:32 pm by GrandCheez »

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 05:50:16 pm »
I shoot goldfish fins all the time.  The make a juicy large hitbox, especially at range.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
Hm.. It is an idea, but..
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 12:05:23 am »
Just seems like more stuff to load, which equals more lag.

I personally like the ships the way the artists intended, even though your ideas are good. I love this game as is already, and wouldn't want to over-complicate it's perfect, tasteful simplicity.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
LESS IS MORE
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 12:06:26 am »
LESS IS MORE

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 01:00:18 am »
The severed heads of trolls or powder monkeys that use quick join....mmmm yeah...that'd be nice.