Author Topic: Which existing airship belongs to which faction?  (Read 27592 times)

Offline Kriegson

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
Which existing airship belongs to which faction?
« on: November 04, 2013, 10:34:46 am »
I could have swore each airship was related to an existing faction, but can't find it =/

IIRC:
Galleon- Merchants
Squid- Arashi
Mobula- The order
Goldfish- Yesha
Junker- Anglea
SPire- Baronies?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:39:11 am by Kriegson »

Offline Velvet

• Salutes: 45
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: Which existing airship belongs to which faction?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 12:03:11 pm »
pretty sure Galleon is Yeshan.... just something makes me think it's Yeshan.

EDIT: Got it!
"A sturdily-built warship with an imposing vertical silhouette, the Galleon was introduced by Yesha shipbuilders as a sentinel to patrol the borders of the Empire and keep the peace. The design is now widely copied, and Galleons form the backbone of many a defensive fleet.
Although it is not as fast or nimble as some ships, the Galleon boasts a respectable complement of medium-sized weapons to assert its authority and makes a formidable opponent in battle.

And the squid:
A catamaran originally of Chaladonian design, the Squid cuts a distinctive figure with its split deck and multiple hulls.

Pyramidion:
The Pyramidion is a modified version of a Yesha warship used in the vanguard of an offensive fleet formation, often backed by a line of smaller striker craft.

All I could find for now.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 12:08:46 pm by Velvet »

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 12:58:00 pm »
The Mobula was created in the Vastness, the region the Mercantile Guild mainly inhabits.

Offline Kriegson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 01:51:27 pm »
So 2 confirmed yeshan and a chaladonian. Hrm....so at the very least we know it's not as though each ship represents one of the empires. We may not have even seen representative ships of some factions.

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 02:01:29 pm »
Im thrilled to see how many ships will be playable for each faction.

Offline Kriegson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 02:28:37 pm »
Im thrilled to see how many ships will be playable for each faction.
The way you say that seems to indicate there's some number out there of how many each faction will have? Or are you saying you would be thrilled to see them?

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 03:48:19 pm »
I wanted to express my emotional state of happiness and nervous waiting about the fact of how many (if more than one) ships each faction will give the players to play and how they will behave and fit in the environment.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 04:35:59 pm »
Didn't Muse state that the balance of the Adventure mode would be kept separate from the balance of Skirmish mode? This could mean that Adventure mode ships could be variations of Skirmish mode ships that would be OP in skirmish mode. For example there could be more light gun mounts and less blind spots. I am personally hoping that each faction would have a slightly different take on the core ships. Like an Angelean Raider Pyramididon with two front and two rear facing weapons. Because you are either coming for the booty or trying to get away with it, side guns are for chumps.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 06:14:13 pm »
I could be way off base here but I remember hearing each faction will have access to the same airships.

They will however look very different faction to faction and the weapons will all have their own flavor depending on which faction your are (pretty sure there will be a flame based faction btw Cakes)

Offline Kriegson

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 07:16:07 am »
I could be way off base here but I remember hearing each faction will have access to the same airships.

They will however look very different faction to faction and the weapons will all have their own flavor depending on which faction your are (pretty sure there will be a flame based faction btw Cakes)
Oh I don't doubt they will, but I am curious to see what their various designs are.

Offline Dr Pantaleon

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 01:17:55 pm »
I believe Muse mentioned in their interviews that each faction will have its own distinctive playstyle.

also, I think the Junker would be a ship of the Arashi League. They are independent people with access to a lot of scraps, ideal for building ship like this.

The Goldfish has the same Asian lanterns on board as the Galleon does, but it has a much different style to it therefore I'm not sure whether it truly is a Yeshan vessel.

The Spire I would associate with the Anglean Republic due to its mechanical design (unlike the Goldfish or Galleon which are mainly built from wood). However, It is not the aggressive kind of ship that would fit that faction. Maybe it's rather a ship from the Baronies?

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 11:04:29 am »
I believe Muse mentioned in their interviews that each faction will have its own distinctive playstyle.

also, I think the Junker would be a ship of the Arashi League. They are independent people with access to a lot of scraps, ideal for building ship like this.

The Goldfish has the same Asian lanterns on board as the Galleon does, but it has a much different style to it therefore I'm not sure whether it truly is a Yeshan vessel.

The Spire I would associate with the Anglean Republic due to its mechanical design (unlike the Goldfish or Galleon which are mainly built from wood). However, It is not the aggressive kind of ship that would fit that faction. Maybe it's rather a ship from the Baronies?

Spire is from the Baronies, have you not unlocked all of Evadine's Reports yet or something? all this lore is in them if you give it a read... get working on those achieves!

Offline Velvet

• Salutes: 45
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 11:44:39 am »
Talking of Evadne's reports:

Junker: "From an Arashi blueprint for building an airworthy ship with a minimum of materials..."
and GeoRmr is correct in saying that they tell us the Spire is originally from the Baronies.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 04:38:49 am »
Talking of Evadne's reports:

Junker: "From an Arashi blueprint for building an airworthy ship with a minimum of materials..."
and GeoRmr is correct in saying that they tell us the Spire is originally from the Baronies.

What I want to know is why the phobos mine launcher isn't in Wilsons notes! Surely he must have laid a few mines in his time gunning aboard the Icarus. =P

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 07:55:03 pm »
Believe Goldfish was from Yesha also. The design has a lot of Yeshan ornaments and it is flashy enough where it could be of Yeshan origin. But it is a fast enough ship design where I could see it being used by many mercenaries or pirates.

Mobula, that makes sense that it would be Guild. That is a lot of deck space that goes to waste and in guild lands they would load it up with goods for shipping.

Spire, dunno if that fits the Baronies. If you look at the concept art, Baronies designs are kinda blocky and weird. Spire is also a more of a guard ship if you look at it from a design standpoint. Which suits it for many nations. So it could be an independent design. Spires would most likely have vertical berths which would allow it to rise quickly when needed and just lower right down when the action would be over. Maybe Anvalan design. If Anvala is a massive fortress city then having Spires able to fly in a moment's notice would be advantageous. Also the mounting would mean they wouldn't need to fly to be able to start opening fire.

Junker...if it is Arashi then that could be possible but the Junker to me seems to be a very modular design. Something that could be changed and made to fit many different uses. Also Arashi being at war with the Guild, they'd probably opt for quicker vessels than a Junker.

Anglean vessels in the concept art look similar to Chaladonian. Which makes sense because most of their raiding targets would be across the water. So being able to water land a vessel would be something an Anglean captain would want. But there are no distinct Anglean ships in game. In fact, I don't even think we'll address this much in the VN, outside of Firnfeld. But we'll see.