Author Topic: Request: Coloured Reticules  (Read 4996 times)

Offline Gadzoooks

• Salutes: 0
    • [‽]
    • View Profile
Request: Coloured Reticules
« on: November 07, 2013, 09:47:26 am »
Alright, so I've been playing this game for quite a fair bit, and one thing that I feel that I must feedback about this game is the colour of the reticules in-game. As a frequent gunner, one thing that's really troubled me is the white colour of the reticules.

While it's generally suitable for most situations, there are quite a handful where it isn't as well. Most particularly in clouds, anyone who guns frequently would agree with me that it's somewhat hard to see the reticule in clouds, moreso when someone's popped a flare in there and the target is very close to the center of the source of the flare. This problem isn't just limited to brighter maps such as Dunes or Fjords, but applies to night-time maps like Paritan Rumble and Labyrinth as well.

I understand that the clouds were put in place with the intention of obstructing vision and providing cover, but I'm not sure if it was intentional of the devs to make it more difficult to aim for a target if you can see them through the clouds.

If it wasn't, my proposal is that there should be a option in the menu to change/customise the colour of crosshairs, maybe through the use of RBG sliders to adjust the colours to fit user preferences as well.

Thoughts?

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Request: Coloured Reticules
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 11:24:13 am »
Dear Muse, please fix this. The battle log has the same issue.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 03:46:02 pm »
...as does the loaded ammo icons* and the amount of ammo you have left.

Edit: * depending on the gun
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 03:48:12 pm by ramjamslam »

Offline Lord Vid O' Gam

• Salutes: 0
    • [kek]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 10:39:16 am »
I think this is an issue that's fairly annoying and could use some tweaking. It also bothers me with names of crewmates and ships which can be obscured that way, as well as components being damaged, but to a lesser degree. I'd like an option to tweak the colors, everything at once or seperate doesn't matter to me, just a color option would be great.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 08:26:55 am »
-as does the chat box, I want to read the chat!

Requesting reticules to have a thin black outline and an option to give the chat-box a coloured background, (could be translucent).