Author Topic: Guntypes and effects i would like to see  (Read 5810 times)

zlater75@hotmail.com

Guntypes and effects i would like to see
« on: November 02, 2013, 06:52:02 pm »
Guntypes:
I feel the hwatcha has an appeal, so something similar to it like the large flak gun in mad max.
It could be like a heavy gatling, but have a larger AoE and spread. Slow turning, very loud and shaky. Gunner seated in middle and large barrels sticking forward that spew large bullets for some time until the barrels are overheated and need to cool down and reloads after a couple volleys of mayhem. It doesn't need to be so powerful. As scary for the gunner to use as enemy getting faced with it. More like a macho gun. As if you compared the banshee to the hwatcha. Great difference in ammotype. Greased would spew weak bullets like crazy..
A heavy gun with lots of ammo and spread that would feel crazy to have aboard an airship.

Some medium range addition would also be welcomed.
Maybe an electrical gun? http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/60/73/64717360/photos/Ray-Guns/4983c%20RayGun%20XI.jpg

Effects:

Moonshine to burn fire and smoke after the engines to more visibly show it being used to engineers. Not just start but continuos until it stops. Could leave trail so enemy could follow.
Phoenix claw visible on wheel.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Guntypes and effects i would like to see
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 12:34:55 am »
This.

That is all. Move along. Nothing else to see.

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 12:50:50 am »
Yes.. that's the one i meant not mad max.. waterworld. >.<

thanks. was tired when i posted.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 03:36:06 am »
Mhh... IF you look at the hwacha, the hwacha is a hybrid between a disabler/esplosive/Armor piercing gun that it is used for many things.

While the heavy flak, and the lumberjack have one role, and that is to shoot from long range and do their baloon/hull killing.
The twin carronade mostly used for baloons also can disable buuut... not enough.

I would like another gun that can be handled with other means.
Weve seen mines making ships turn like crazy, the only other gun that makes ships go amok is the harpoon that sucks.

How about a cannon, one shot cannon that does impact damage and hits and moves the ship like a mine.  With a decent arming time and not too damaging, its main role is to make the ship fly somewhere else.

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 09:00:04 am »
Oh yeah, please add mass drivers.

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 01:55:42 pm »
I'm sure cannons are wanted by many and i'd like them too, since they're like typical for ships but i also got a feeling maybe they're way too heavy with cannonball ammo etc to be practical on an airship?

I'd just like a big, fierce, nasty gun that would be real fun to shoot, like similar to the waterworld one. The stats etc balanced so it won't be OP, but please.. a loud gun. :D
As a gunner i'm supposed to loose my hearing.. lol. :D What??

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 08:23:04 pm »
I would give it high piercing, super high ammo capacity (shoot for a minute or longer straight), crazy long cooldown/reload (slowest reload in the game), very long distance with insane spread. Like, so insane that you have to be scraping paint in order to have 100% hit rate. At 800 meters, you could still hit, but it would be like 1%. Would be great shooting into a group of enemies at mid range. And the firing effect would be terrifying, seizure-inducing screen shake and smoke... lots of smoke.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 08:34:17 pm »
I would give it high piercing, super high ammo capacity (shoot for a minute or longer straight), crazy long cooldown/reload (slowest reload in the game), very long distance with insane spread. Like, so insane that you have to be scraping paint in order to have 100% hit rate. At 800 meters, you could still hit, but it would be like 1%. Would be great shooting into a group of enemies at mid range. And the firing effect would be terrifying, seizure-inducing screen shake and smoke... lots of smoke.

I like where this is going.

Offline The Churrosaur

• Salutes: 12
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 08:47:25 pm »
So like a heavy flak without the rifling and explosive death part?

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 07:31:27 am »
More like a highly inaccurate, rapid fire quad Mercury without the extreme shatter and hull damage.