Author Topic: Introductions!  (Read 344084 times)

Offline RistoH

• Salutes: 4
    • [─┼──]
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions!
« Reply #345 on: July 10, 2014, 07:43:13 am »
Hey, i'm RistoH. The captain of Suicidal Sealife, I play guns of icarus online when possible. When i fly i get worried if i get a crew because i am one of the worst squid pilots which my squids' name should already tell you.

Offline SilverAlchemic

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 1
    • [⏅]
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 13, 2014, 05:48:08 am »
Ahoy! I'm Silver. I've been playing since April, but only recently have thought I should actually join the forums, lol. I look forward to getting the chance to play and talk with any and all of you people out there!

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 54
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 14, 2014, 03:50:30 am »
Hey, i'm RistoH. The captain of Suicidal Sealife, I play guns of icarus online when possible. When i fly i get worried if i get a crew because i am one of the worst squid pilots which my squids' name should already tell you.

Practice Practice and you guessed it more practice,

Few questions to ask yourself.

1.Kill or Support/disable

Gat mortar is the kill squid, higher skill is needed but obviously shortens the time drastically that you are vulnerable,

Carronade flamer is the disable/support set up, You should be able to take down most ships 1v1 but problem is with this build is the time it takes to do so, and just like the kill ship relies on you engaging second not first so learn the maps and blind spots, most popular routes,

2.Know the loadout,

No gunner on a squid-

1-spanner mallet extingusher for balloon and when things go bad, perhaps fire overload due to bad chem spraying and rebuilds on hull spanner will save you them few precious seconds,

2-buff engineer *1-wrench buff chem-this is you engines guy, learn the rotation of the u round the back of the squid and keeps the balloon buffed and chemed and the engines buff and chemed balloon engineer should be repairing them,

3-buff engineer*2-wrench spanner chem-front'rear gunner self sufficient maintains the front gun with chem and buff  meaning you always have that primary damage,

3.Tools to bring

Kerosene-claw-hydro *edit so people like tar over claw because of buffed engines but personal choice,

Communication is KEY you need to tell your crew when you are about to use hydro or when you are using kero, assuming gets you killed, can't afford a engine down or a balloon, In a squid you get one shot normally it has to be perfect,

Above is just my thoughts and how i run my squid, chances are you already know it all but you never know, 

Good luck and don't give up.

Grey

Offline Ayetach

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 14, 2014, 06:48:49 am »
Hello forum :)

This is a bit late perhaps on my part but better late than never :P My name is Mikko, better known as 'Ayetach' in the Goio universe. I'm a Norwegian-American working as a freelance animator between Europe and North America. I do a lot of traveling/exploring, animating, and of course coffee drinking ;)

In game I'm specialized in piloting but I enjoy doing other roles to get a feel on what works for crews when I commandeer them :) If you've flown with me you'll likely have suffered my engine bashing detriments, otherwise I look forward to seeing you all in the skies! ^^

Offline AdmiralCookies

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 16, 2014, 05:52:02 pm »
Ello', I'm Cookies. Always had an eye for this game, but I had no money. Obviously, I do now. Or did. Meh.

And I have no idea what I'm doing!

I enjoy roleplaying, but have no idea how to really get started on those darn threads.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 16, 2014, 05:54:20 pm »
Welcome aboard AdmiralCookies! I'd like to say your flagjar is awaiting but oh well. Of the few RP's we have going The Skies Have No Limit has a discussion thread down in the pit if you have any questions feel free to ask, as for the others, I have no idea what so ever, you'll have to figure those out.

Offline RistoH

• [─┼──]
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 20, 2014, 03:45:43 am »

Gat mortar is the kill squid, higher skill is needed but obviously shortens the time drastically that you are vulnerable,

Carronade flamer is the disable/support set up, You should be able to take down most ships 1v1 but problem is with this build is the time it takes to do so, and just like the kill ship relies on you engaging second not first so learn the maps and blind spots, most popular routes,

2.Know the loadout,

No gunner on a squid-

1-spanner mallet extingusher for balloon and when things go bad, perhaps fire overload due to bad chem spraying and rebuilds on hull spanner will save you them few precious seconds,

2-buff engineer *1-wrench buff chem-this is you engines guy, learn the rotation of the u round the back of the squid and keeps the balloon buffed and chemed and the engines buff and chemed balloon engineer should be repairing them,

3-buff engineer*2-wrench spanner chem-front'rear gunner self sufficient maintains the front gun with chem and buff  meaning you always have that primary damage,

3.Tools to bring

Kerosene-claw-hydro *edit so people like tar over claw because of buffed engines but personal choice,

Communication is KEY you need to tell your crew when you are about to use hydro or when you are using kero, assuming gets you killed, can't afford a engine down or a balloon, In a squid you get one shot normally it has to be perfect,

Above is just my thoughts and how i run my squid, chances are you already know it all but you never know, 

Grey

That was nice of you. I actually knew most of those. I've not given up just yet. Had a great match against/with SAC today.

Offline SaintR.L.

• Salutes: 5
    • [☂]
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 20, 2014, 01:35:06 pm »
Hello fellow forumites. I have been playing for a few months but I finally got around to using the forums after putting it off for awhile. I also strongly disagree with some of the sentiments that long-time players have about the game. And so I would like to throw my voice into the mix.

Anyways come fly with me anytime!

~Saint R.L.

Offline Wilderbrand

• [BOTT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 22, 2014, 02:00:23 pm »
Hey There from Aussie land, I'm Wilderbrand but you guys can call me Wilder I suppose.. Only been playing a few weeks but already addicted to the game. Hit me up in game any time always willing to play and learn new things!   :D

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #354 on: July 22, 2014, 06:41:01 pm »

2.Know the loadout,

No gunner on a squid-

3.Tools to bring

Grey

Or you can take "best squid":

Mercury front, beacon flare side (for that op bi-fecta) and aft harpoon.

Offline Ultimate Pheer

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 24, 2014, 11:25:48 am »
Hey people. I'm Ultimate Pheer, as you may have guessed...

I'm a career gunner. I like to shoot things.

If you tell me what ammo to bring and what guns to use them on, and take my advice when I tell you a mortar is better than a flak on the metamidion, then we'll get along just fine Cap'n.

Offline TheDequoi

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 09, 2014, 05:39:36 pm »
I'm Dequoi, you may have seen me flying around like an idiot. Jack of all trades, I suck equally at all of my roles.

Offline Moike

• [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 20, 2014, 06:58:24 am »
I suppose I better make an introduction - I'm Moike, an NCO of Overwatch. I've actually been playing for over a year, and I do check the forums occasionally however I thought that I ought to join the forums at some point :P

I tend to Engi most of the time but you may have seen me pilot about in my pyra, That's A Paddlin', or my less serious galleon Show Me Hwacha Got (full of hwachery goodness as the name might suggest).

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 21, 2014, 01:03:21 am »
First off, welcome aboard Pheer! Nice to have you on board, though you've been around for a few weeks but welcome nonetheless!

Deqoui and Moike, it's nice to see both of you have found your way to the forum, stick around and you may see something interesting among our varied arguments about why the Pyra is OP and why the Junker needs a nerf to its turning engines!

Offline TheDequoi

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 28, 2014, 06:52:12 am »
Deqoui and Moike, it's nice to see both of you have found your way to the forum, stick around and you may see something interesting among our varied arguments about why the Pyra is OP and why the Junker needs a nerf to its turning engines!
Cheers!
which way to the cake premades?