Author Topic: Introductions!  (Read 346882 times)

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions!
« Reply #240 on: August 14, 2013, 06:04:34 pm »
Ok, update!  His ingame name is Taldark Andevil.  Feel free to say hello and wish him well!
Oooo I see what he did there. :D

Offline Gamguak

• Salutes: 2
    • [NAE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 17, 2013, 12:40:18 am »
What's up, Im Gamguak in game and Gilberto in real life.

I started off as a Gunner and played through that for a long time until one night on a match in The Labyrinth. We were being chased on the back, and I constantly asked the Captain of the ship to turn us around so I could shoot at the enemy. When the Captain didnt respond, I tabbed and realized I was the only on left on the ship. Abandoning the Heavy gun at the front, I took the wheel and turned us around. With only an AI crew, I took out 5 ships and won the match, all other allies having surrendered. I began Piloting from that day forward.

Yep that's it XD

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 17, 2013, 01:11:54 am »
Awesome story. Those amazing comebacks are some of my favorite moments. I had a game just like that when I started. Good to meet you, and I hope to fly with you soon! See you around! :D

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 18, 2013, 09:20:23 am »
Cool story, Gamguak! Write it as an novel, would be awesome. "Inheriting" a ship and all that jazz... :D
I've had that type of situations, too, but usually it just makes angry at random pilots and wait until clanmates come online. :D

Welcome to the community! ^^

Offline Tipster

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
    • Blog type thingamadoodle
« Reply #244 on: August 21, 2013, 04:08:57 am »
Hello! Is it me you're looking for?

No? Ok?

Well anyway, Freelancer Tip here, and it's nice to make your acquaintance. As long as you have enough money and/or women I'll be happy to jump on board your ship and serve as your engineer or gunner any time.

Ok? So, you have no money or women? How about food.... or moonshine even?

You drank all the moonshine.... well.... that's fine. If you happen to be flying in even the general direction of home, then maybe I'll come along for the ride... I guess?

------------------------------

In all seriousness though I'm Dave "Tipster" (or "Tip") Tipping. Part Time Maths Student, Part Time DJ, Part Time Presenter, Part Time ..... you get the gist.
You'll probably find me casually repairing your hull or extinguishing your engines .... or running around with my face on fire.

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 21, 2013, 12:41:31 pm »
Greetings Tipster, and welcome to the game. ^^

Clear Skies!

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 22, 2013, 12:47:42 am »
Hey Tipster, flying with you was pretty cool, hope to see you in the skies again sometime.

Offline IvKir

• Salutes: 8
    • [CBC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 05, 2013, 02:55:02 am »
Well.. hi everybody, i've been around for couple of months, and finally make an introduction on forums.)

Name IvKir in game, or "Some Russian pilot" also works. I'm somewhat teamplay and a pilot - mostly because no one in my family-team (Captain's Blad Children, or CBC for short) can't fly good... soo, what's else.

Ah - we love meet good teams, who can give us a good and fair fight, or a helping hand in battle. And we love challenge, so if you ever need a good opponent - just give us a shout. ^_^

I'm not often flying with random people, but when i do - i'm glad to help new ones and trying as much as possible (and my English allow me) give general direction to the crew.

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 06, 2013, 03:35:16 pm »
Hello! Is it me you're looking for?

No? Ok?

Well anyway, Freelancer Tip here, and it's nice to make your acquaintance. As long as you have enough money and/or women I'll be happy to jump on board your ship and serve as your engineer or gunner any time.

Ok? So, you have no money or women? How about food.... or moonshine even?

You drank all the moonshine.... well.... that's fine. If you happen to be flying in even the general direction of home, then maybe I'll come along for the ride... I guess?

------------------------------

In all seriousness though I'm Dave "Tipster" (or "Tip") Tipping. Part Time Maths Student, Part Time DJ, Part Time Presenter, Part Time ..... you get the gist.
You'll probably find me casually repairing your hull or extinguishing your engines .... or running around with my face on fire.

Tipster my good man such a pleasure to see you on the forum. I cannot wait to fly again with you sometime!

Offline Dirk Windslow

• Salutes: 0
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • tumble
« Reply #249 on: September 07, 2013, 10:48:46 pm »
I am the Elusive NinJay. Not a ninja, mind you. NinJays have a tendency to forget their task and join in on the conversations of their targets.

Uh, well, I'm some teenaged guy in a state with almost 3 times as many cows as people. Though I'm assuming I'm still early to what looks like will become the best anything ever, I wish I found this game a lot earlier on. I do hope to become a recognizable member of the community here.

I ski, play bass and mandolin, am considering writing for cracked.com, spend way too much time staring at cartoon horses, and have far too many interest to actually be good at any of what I do.. But I can ski and math. I may suck at life, but I'm pretty damn good at math.

Nickel Creek is my favorite band. Andrew Stein isn't bad, either. The only music genre in which I have yet to hear a song I've thoroughly enjoyed is that death metal/screamo region.

Okay I can't even think of any more to say -_- Talk to me if you actually read all that crap. I get lonely in my igloo.

Have an absolutely spiffing day,
The Elusive NinJay
Student, Musician, Brony, and All Around Nice Guy

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 07, 2013, 11:03:25 pm »
am considering writing for cracked.com

I could read that website all day and never get bored.

Offline D.R.R. Steamhand

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 03, 2013, 11:04:07 pm »
No need to fear the sting of not having the most daring pilot in the universe among you any longer friends!
For I am here, THE GREAT D.R.R. STEAMHAND Captain of the legendary RED FOX CHIPOTLE

My most praiseworthy accolades include:
- I had a kill:death above even for like 2 hours once
- TWO Seperate Gunners said "Good position" while blowing stuff up

And like any good pilot I have some the most daring signature moves in the skies including, but not limited to:
- Ramming into mountains in full reverse while trying to avoid enemy fire
- Needing to pee mid-firefight
- Leaving the hydrogen on and getting mad at the engineers when the balloon goes down
- And scaring everyone on the ship by playing chicken with Pyramidions

P.S. No, I will not tell you what D.R.R. stands for, and no, it totally isn't a cop-out because I couldn't think of a good first name

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 03, 2013, 11:19:50 pm »
It's always good to see new people join us, welcome to GoI, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 04, 2013, 12:36:21 am »
- Ramming into mountains in full reverse while trying to avoid enemy fire

That is the first pilot maneuver I ever mastered and by golly if I still don't still use it to this day.

Welcome to GOI and see you in the skies.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 04, 2013, 02:11:33 pm »
No need to fear the sting of not having the most daring pilot in the universe among you any longer friends!
For I am here, THE GREAT D.R.R. STEAMHAND Captain of the legendary RED FOX CHIPOTLE

You have Clint Eastwood as the Man with No Name as your avatar, you're immediately good people.