Author Topic: Introductions!  (Read 346877 times)

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions!
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2013, 06:21:56 pm »
Don't worry Cheeky Bastard soon the repair mechanics become part of the back ground noise. Instead you will start having nightmares about components going down, captains screaming at you, and that damn squid who refuses to spend any time in your gun's field of fire.

And dreaded spire allies.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2013, 08:24:32 pm »
Don't worry Cheeky Bastard soon the repair mechanics become part of the back ground noise. Instead you will start having nightmares about components going down, captains screaming at you, and that damn squid who refuses to spend any time in your gun's field of fire.

Oh that squid... *Shudder*... anyways... welcome aboard!

Offline Mattisamo

• Salutes: 12
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 11, 2013, 08:05:11 am »
Hello everyone.

I'm sure some of you've seen me in game at some point, but whatever.
I'm a Swedish guy and I fly under the Gents flag, sipping my tea while smacking broken components or flying my own ships into the line of enemy fire, somehow managing to survive anyways.

I started playing this game in November with a couple of friends and we formed our crew around the lovely quad-flak Galleon, with me as a gunner.
When they stop playing I felt sad and lost, but then I met all the other lovely people who I now play most my games with, and that is YOU (everyone)!

So yea, see you guys in-game, and may the tea gods always be with you.
If you prefer coffee, thou shalt be purged!

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 11, 2013, 02:14:49 pm »
Why is that, att alla svenskar joinar Gents? Roy snor dem rätt under näsan på mig ;)

No but welcome, didn't know you where Swedish

Offline WPGAMING

• Salutes: 0
    • [BGT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2013, 05:19:53 am »
Hey,
I am WPGAMING aka the captain of The Royal Galleon.I love pandas and gaming. My real passion tho is  technical theatre [lights/sound] and hope to study it at college. I also play running back for the mighty Yorkshire Rams. Thats it realy if you see me ingame be sure to say hi  :D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 05:25:33 am by WPGAMING »

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2013, 06:53:49 am »
theatre eh? I used to perform back in the day myself :P anyway, welcome aboard!

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2013, 01:48:51 pm »
I write poetry when things aren't going my way.

Offline Nostalgium

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2013, 10:12:38 pm »
Hello!

I am Nostalgium, and recently found this game when I was linked a YouTube video of a crew running around a ship that was constantly on fire while panicking. As I was watching, I thought "Yes." and went on Steam to buy it before the video was even over. It has yet to disappoint me.

I tend to captain the Freckled Crow, a Pyramidion which's engines I abuse terribly, and enjoy casual banter with my crew as we pluck targets out of the sky. Love the community I've seen thus far, and looking forward to flying with you.

Offline GrimWinter

• Salutes: 2
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2013, 01:06:54 am »
Hello!

I am Nostalgium, and recently found this game when I was linked a YouTube video of a crew running around a ship that was constantly on fire while panicking. As I was watching, I thought "Yes." and went on Steam to buy it before the video was even over. It has yet to disappoint me.

I tend to captain the Freckled Crow, a Pyramidion which's engines I abuse terribly, and enjoy casual banter with my crew as we pluck targets out of the sky. Love the community I've seen thus far, and looking forward to flying with you.
Awesome, hope to see you in the skies sometime!

Guess I'll add myself, no reason not to

Hey guys, I'm Grim. I first heard of this game from a Yogscast video months ago but never bothered to buy it, mostly because I didn't really have any means to do so at the time. While browsing the Unity3d website I saw Guns of Icarus under "games made with Unity" and remembered wanting to try it, so after looking at a few videos I ended up making the purchase. Definitely not turning back! After nearly three years of playing League of Legends a new game is very refreshing, I love the community and Muse is a great company that works hard to make us happy.

You may see me spontaneously chatting in the regional chat at random parts of the day or jumping into random games to Engineer for a ship that needs me. If not I'll probably be flying my ship The Flying Pig. If you ever want to join up with me let me know, I'm always happy to have more friends.

See you all in the skies soon hopefully

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2013, 07:12:46 pm »
Welcome GrimWinter and Nostalgium, glad that you guys enjoy the game. Hopefully I see you guys in the skies and fly around.

Offline VictusBcb

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2013, 07:43:17 am »
VictusBcb here, someone who only learned about the game about a day ago, when my brother bought a four-pack (1 for me, 1 for him, 1 for my other brother, and 1 for my roommate).  I've only done some practice with AI so far, but already love this game.  I've got a natural handle on piloting, and look forwarding to meeting all you fine folks in the sky this weekend. 

Don't have a name for our ship or our band of drunken sky pirates as of yet, but I'm sure that'll come about soon enough. 

Offline GrimWinter

• Salutes: 2
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2013, 12:29:38 pm »
Welcome to the community Victims, happy to have you here! Hit me up if you ever want to do some games with me and don't hesitate to jump in a public match. As long as you're willing to learn, people will be willing to teach.

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2013, 01:46:42 pm »
Hi y'all!
I'm a new aeronaut hailing from Finland and was lured to this game due to it having gunners as a class. I went to mandatory service in artillery, so I have some weird fixation on big guns and explosions these days. :D
Hoping for a nice experience and fine crewmates to fly with!

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2013, 01:55:36 pm »
Hi y'all!
I'm a new aeronaut hailing from Finland and was lured to this game due to it having gunners as a class. I went to mandatory service in artillery, so I have some weird fixation on big guns and explosions these days. :D
Hoping for a nice experience and fine crewmates to fly with!

I'm not Finnish myself, but I think that it's just the coolest country in the world. No contest.

Anyways, welcome to GoIO!

EDIT: If anybody's wondering, it's things like these that make Finland amazing.

http://s414.photobucket.com/user/The_Missourian/media/633511023806381728-Finland---be-afraid-very-afraid.jpg.html
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 02:05:23 pm by N-Sunderland »

Offline Redorio diVario

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2013, 05:25:23 pm »
What a lack of manners that I've been talking here for weeks but haven't introduced myself. Time to fix it.

Welcome everybody, I'm Redorio diVario on other sites known also as Ric Simane. I've joined GoI about 2 weeks ago when my friends encouraged me to buy this game and I've probably became more excited about it than they xD. You may already have noticed me posting like mad in Feedback & Suggestions or, since I'm from Poland, joining mostly European servers. I'm really glad to be part of this community and hope to stay here for long. So I greet you all and hope to see you guys on the battlefields.