Author Topic: Introductions!  (Read 344118 times)

Offline Kalidas

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions!
« Reply #270 on: December 13, 2013, 01:11:01 am »
Well, hello guys! My name is Kalidas, and I'm a new member of this community and I want to delve into this community and the game that this community offers as well. I'm a talkative guy but not only that but I always had a fascination in the steampunk genre that I never got around to actually study but just skim over my eyes to these genres like a little look over and that's about it. But this game kind of flares the inspiration to look into it more and more about the aircrafts provided that I can see what can be a good outlook to seeing the genre. I was first introduced to this game by an old friend named Pieman, and I have to say that since he first introduced me I couldn't have said no because one he was and is a good friend of mine and two like said, I had a good look on the steampunk genre.

I hope to look more into these things and not just skim over them but to actually learn for once, I like to meet new people and I will glad to be friends with anyone here if they would wish it, though I'm active on the Steam Community better than on this site, so connecting to me there is a much better sensation and connectivity avail to start off with. Hope to see you if you want! :D

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 13, 2013, 02:03:00 am »
Welcome to GOI, steampunk airships are fun, I'm sure you'll come to agree soon if you don't already.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 15, 2013, 07:16:04 am »
Welcome! Welcome, here grab a chair, a hellfire and enjoy the forums. Any friend of Pieman is surely not entirely dreadful :P

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 15, 2013, 10:49:29 am »
Greetings, fellow captains, greasemonkeys and all!

I am Jacob Fii, the man of a thousand faces (none of which you can see because I'm invisible). I am also the man of seven to twelve voices.

I've been playing since summer and this game has quickly held fast in my nearest and dearest. I have made a lot of fantastic friends and am now helping to organise events for clans and fly with the people I love - which is a blessing.

If you've met me during matches or on the forums you will probably remember me for my propensity to make cat-like purring sounds, use long words and outdated English idioms, crash my ships into anything and everything and know exactly how long we have left before our hull disintegrates into the kind of fine powder one uses to bake a cake - since I am one.

My trains of thought are legendary and travel at precisely 1764 miles an hour on average, with stops for passengers every third junction. They also have no tangible meaning or moral and tend to draw circles or crash spectacularly, just like my airship's vapour contrails.

I look forward to seeing you again in the skies.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #274 on: December 15, 2013, 11:47:56 am »
And this is why we love you, Jacob.

Be seeing you!

Offline zoffmode

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 22, 2013, 05:16:14 pm »
Hi. I'm Zoffmode and I fell absolutely addicted to the game. While my preference is to fly the ship, I do love helping out good captains by being a gunner or engineer. I can fly a ship with a silent crew, but I absolutely abhor being a gunner or engi in a silent environment. I'm currently one pilot achievement away from being locked out of beginner matches, so it's also my last chance to try out some crazy gunning or engineering. ;-)

I hope to play with some fun crews out here. While I love winning, having good atmosphere on the ship is all I'm looking for.  :P

zoffmode is my GoIo name, and my steam is http://steamcommunity.com/id/zoffmode . Feel free to add me and invite when you're looking for crewmen.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #276 on: December 22, 2013, 06:07:29 pm »
Hey zoff!

We're more than happy to welcome you to the forum!

If there's anything you need:

The CA's are more than willing to help!

(Just kidding, we're all more than happy to lend a hand.)

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 22, 2013, 06:20:20 pm »
The CA's are more than willing to help!

It's true :D

Hope to see you out there sometime soon zoff!

Offline Sennan Farguard IV

• Salutes: 0
    • [WASP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 22, 2013, 07:51:45 pm »
Greetings. I'm new to the game, but I'm a naval sim veteran, and I've brought a crew with me to help run a tight ship. We're the West Anglean Sky Patrol, and we look forward to seeing you in the skies above. Cheers.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 22, 2013, 08:40:54 pm »
Wow, West Anglea is a long way away!  Right over in the corner of the map of the charted world.  Hope to see you and your fellow patrolmen and women in the skies!

Offline Goldenglade

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 23, 2013, 02:04:42 am »
I never introduced myself here.....

Hi, I got by goldenglade. I enjoy nice walks on the beach. the cool breeze blowing through my non-existent hair and running..... lots of running. My anti-drug is tacos.... which doesn't go well for me on the mornings i goto the gym.... most mornings.... and I've never had a real relationship in my life because i find it to easy to manipulate people in real life :(

Offline Dresdom

• Salutes: 15
    • [Don]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 29, 2013, 08:41:05 am »
Ahoy comrades!

I'm Dresdom, spanish farseer! New to the game and to the forums, but already in love with both of them. I love gunning things down, and I'd love to captain a ship, but I'm the worst steerer ever. I tried once and the crew kept shouting, cursing and blaming me so now I think I'd better don't touch the helm  :P

There's no spanish board? That's unconvenient. Is there any spanish-speaking clan?

So long and have a good sail!

Offline Karzum

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 29, 2013, 07:18:59 pm »
Aye fellows!

May I introduce myself. I'm Karzum, spanish sea dog. Enjoyed this game every few moment I've played, and willing to keep it up.

May your engines be ready and swift!

Offline Oliver Colt

• Salutes: 80
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 07, 2014, 01:37:59 am »
Hello everyone! My name's Oliver, but you can call me whatever you want as long as I can understand you're referring to me.

I got this game long ago but didn't play it until a few months back since my friends were too busy to join me and I didn't want to ruin other people's winning streaks - you can all thank me later.

Anyway, I decided to join the forum because so far all the people I've played with (and against) have been great, so I figured I'd return the favour by bringing in my ever so enjoyable presence around...

In all seriousness though, the game is awesome, the community is awesome and I'm sure this place is no less. [<- cheesy]

Now let's move along, those ships won't fly themselves!

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 07, 2014, 02:28:46 am »
Hello everyone! My name's Oliver, but you can call me whatever you want as long as I can understand you're referring to me.

I got this game long ago but didn't play it until a few months back since my friends were too busy to join me and I didn't want to ruin other people's winning streaks - you can all thank me later.

Anyway, I decided to join the forum because so far all the people I've played with (and against) have been great, so I figured I'd return the favour by bringing in my ever so enjoyable presence around...

In all seriousness though, the game is awesome, the community is awesome and I'm sure this place is no less. [<- cheesy]

Now let's move along, those ships won't fly themselves!

What is a winning streak? Only thing I know is that I love destroying enemy ships.