Author Topic: Introducing the new CAs!  (Read 298006 times)

Offline TerrorDance

• Salutes: 1
    • [♦]
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing the new CAs!
« Reply #375 on: March 15, 2018, 09:18:36 pm »
Hello everyone!

I'm TerrorDance, a new CA for Guns of Icarus Online! Very excited and proud to be here, supporting the community. I've been a player since 2014, and I've seen the game change so much over the years. One thing that remains constant is the awesome and intensely loyal playerbase, which I'm excited to help maintain and grow.

I play mostly pub matches. I love to teach new players who are willing to learn. The mechanics of this game are so familiar to me that sometimes I forget how obscure and sometimes counter-intuitive they can be to a player that comes from a background of twitch-type shooters, mobas, or strategy games. There really isn't a greater thrill to me than when my crew of ragtag noobs finally gets it, the gears start meshing correctly, and we finally get to slap that 45+stacked ship in their stupid meta build face secure a kill. The kiddos seem to love it too, and I've seen a lot of returning noobs friends to whom I have had the honor of showing the ropes.

I also think it's important to promote fairness in all conflicts. The random nature of the matchmaker, the auto team switch after games in lobby, as well as the huge gap in skill-sets between players, often necessitates a call for rebalance, and I shy not away from calling for ship swaps. Ensuring that new players as well as veterans have a good, hard-fought and even close match reaffirms the fun that can be had in-game for both new and old players.

I never thought I would apply to be a CA. Over the years I have gained nothing but respect and admiration for these brave souls who man the front against the trolls and the ragers, the boozers and the griefers, the temporarily insane and the chronically inappropriate. While I, being a generally pacifistic and cooperative person by nature, don't necessarily look forward to these sorts of unavoidable confrontations, I feel much more resilient and capable than the new player who doesn't have the perspective to understand that his drunken captain screaming obscenities is the exception, not the rule. I am not afraid to be screamed at and I have the temperament to keep cool (or mostly cool) while attempting to deescalate the situation through calm rationality and understanding.

Outside of GoIo, I enjoy reading, drinking good beer/boozes, and working as much as I need to so I can afford my luxurious lifestyle.

I, TerrorDance, before the presence of the Holy Whale of the skies, do hereby declare my unwavering faith, fealty and service to the community of Icarus.
I pledge to follow the orders of all Muse staff appointed over me, and field all the questions, great and small, difficult or annoying, addressed to me be they by the person, or the mob(ula).
I will keep myself mentally sane, reasonably sober and regularly available as is necessitated by the Community Ambassador agreements and forms to which I have pledged my unconditional adherence. 
So say we all.

Offline AbbyTheRat

• Salutes: 52
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 03, 2018, 08:46:54 am »
Oh shoot, you're not a CA, ban!

still not taking the darn vows x_x
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 08:49:11 am by AbbyTheRat »

Offline Sinthorion

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 0
    • [CHPR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 20, 2018, 12:34:48 am »
Hey y'all!

I'm Sinthorion, proud follower of Choppy and just as proud member of the Order of Chaladon.
I was sent to thee by Choppy himself, who tasked me with the burden and honour of bringing more newbs to the true faith.

I played GOIO multiple years ago for a while before dumping the game for another, as was my custom back then. A good half year ago I saw that GOI is still active, got into Alliance, met the community, got introduced to all the memes facts, and started praising Choppy. Since then, my life has gained a new purpose.

I'm very calm and introverted, which kinda makes me a bad tutor, but I'm also very patient and insightful, never lose my calm, and never get angry. I'm mostly PvE player and mostly active during weekends. I live in Germany and fluently speak English and German. I'm not very active here on the forums but I'm pretty much always active on Discord.

Clear Skies, and be Choppy with you!
Sinthorion

*sets up ceremonial Chad hat*
I, Sinthorion, before the presence of the Holy Choppy of the skies, do hereby declare my unwavering faith, fealty and service to the community of Icarus.
I pledge to follow the orders of all of Choppy's Creators appointed over me, and field all the questions, great and small, difficult or annoying, addressed to my be they by the person, or the mob.
I will keep myself mentally insane, reasonably intoxicated and regularly available as is necessitated by the Community Ambassador agreements and forms to which I have pledged my unconditional adherence.
So (or similar) say we all.

Offline Fladrif

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 0
    • [ZLOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 03, 2018, 02:15:02 am »
Hey guys,

I'd like to think I've been playing GoI for a while so it feels great to be able to help the community further as a CA. There are a lot of things I like about this game, but the community is what made me stick to it. There is nothing like having great moments to share with other people such as deciding to have an all gunner team, or winning a match in a tournament. I sincerely hope that my efforts as a CA will help create a more fun and friendly environment that produces many more memories to come.

I, Fladrif, before the presence of the Holy Whale of the skies, do hereby declare my unwavering faith, fealty and service to the community of Icarus.
I pledge to follow the orders of all Muse staff appointed over me, and field all the questions, great and small, difficult or annoying, addressed to me be they by the person, or the mob.
I will keep myself mentally sane, reasonably sober and regularly available as is necessitated by the Community Ambassador agreements and forms to which I have pledged my unconditional adherence. 
So say we all.