Author Topic: Harpoon gun discussion  (Read 33346 times)

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: Harpoon gun discussion
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2013, 05:38:19 pm »
I made some use of it today on a 4v4, I had a double carronade side Galleon with a harpoon on it. Had moderate success with it, including a time where I pulled a Mobula's gun arcs away from an ally by poon'ing its wing. I still don't understand the 'rope physics' they look silly and completely inconsistent, 2-3 times the poon'd ship ended reeled up behind me and made turning completely impossible, even though that ended up with them against a wall and me squishing them against it, it was detrimental the other two times it happened.

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2013, 01:59:40 pm »
I pray to got the harpoon doesn't change :( me likey the way it is. Maybe we just haven't realised exactly how it meant to be used? :) im not insulting anyones intelligence just to make myself clear :) but when i first started playing i didn't know the full uses of certain ammo. And since barely anyone uses the harpoons maybe we haven't fully tried every possiblity? :)

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2013, 03:37:48 pm »
The many posibilities are struck down by other posibilities that are better :)
No one is using the harpoon and that is a problem, we want it to be used :)
But right now it is broken and no one wants it, so if we ever convince muse to look into it
and change it to be better undestandable and usable, maybe you also will be more happy :)