Author Topic: Need Help: Finding Image in Game Files (Map of GOIO)  (Read 6555 times)

Offline ItaVero

• Salutes: 1
    • [TEB]
    • View Profile
Need Help: Finding Image in Game Files (Map of GOIO)
« on: October 27, 2013, 12:19:02 am »
    So I found something I had completely overlooked before while looking at the loading screen in between matches today. (Can't figure out how to upload the screenshot.) There's this really cool map of the GOIO world underneath the map of whatever place you're headed that round.  I thought that'd make a great desktop background, but I can't seem to find it on the web.  Does anyone know where to find it within the game files?

Offline NoWuffo

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help: Finding Image in Game Files (Map of GOIO)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 02:10:32 am »
I actually talked to the Devs during this past fireside chat, I emailed them and they should be getting back to me soon with the high res original image files of all the competitive maps of GoIO, and hopefully the one you're looking for. Once I get them, I'm gonna put them up on the wiki and other places so everyone can see them, and I'll link them to ya here on this post.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 03:19:22 am »
You can google search for the map and you'll find one but it is a low resolution version. We've made do with it on the VN project but some of the names were tough to tell without zooming in real close.

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 07:09:25 am »
     (Can't figure out how to upload the screenshot.)

On GOI steam page, screenshot library, show on disk, go to http://tinypic.com, browse for the specific screenshot (path from disk window), upload, choose img tagged option, copy paste here.
There's more ways but this should work. what you essentially need is the adress of the pic itself on the net between the img tags.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 07:11:40 am by genozide »

Offline ItaVero

• [TEB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 12:59:51 pm »
I actually talked to the Devs during this past fireside chat, I emailed them and they should be getting back to me soon with the high res original image files of all the competitive maps of GoIO, and hopefully the one you're looking for. Once I get them, I'm gonna put them up on the wiki and other places so everyone can see them, and I'll link them to ya here on this post.
Hey that sounds great! Thanks!

Offline ItaVero

• [TEB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 01:02:05 pm »
     (Can't figure out how to upload the screenshot.)

On GOI steam page, screenshot library, show on disk, go to http://tinypic.com, browse for the specific screenshot (path from disk window), upload, choose img tagged option, copy paste here.
There's more ways but this should work. what you essentially need is the adress of the pic itself on the net between the img tags.
Ohhhh ok. I got as far as getting it saved to my desktop before, but the size was too large when I tried uploading as an "attachment" Thanks!

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 01:35:23 pm »
You're welcome ItaVero  :)