Author Topic: A question about adventure mode  (Read 5738 times)

Offline Fuzen kuden

• Salutes: 0
    • [HSZ]
    • View Profile
A question about adventure mode
« on: October 30, 2013, 04:01:41 am »
"season pass" is this going to be like a subscription thing? :( (i know GD is most likely not the right place to put this but no other place stood out as right)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 04:03:34 am by Fuzen kuden »

Offline Agraphia

• Salutes: 2
    • [IRIS]
    • View Profile
Re: A question about adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 05:24:58 am »
As far as I know, it will be an one time purchase, just like the game we are playing right now.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 11:36:03 am »
From the Kickstarter page:
What happens if you don't reach your stretch goals?

This is a Kickstarter for the Adventure Mode DLC so you will get Adventure Mode no matter what.  If we don't come close to our $500,000 target then we'll have to re-evaluate our launch strategy.  Being indie, cash flow is extremely important so we'll most likely have to release content in smaller DLC packages.  For example, co-op functionality will be released first.  Everyone who backs this project will get a Season Pass to all DLC content no matter what our strategy is.  So if we're able to release Adventure in one big DLC, you'll get it.  If we have to split things up into smaller DLC, you'll still get it.

I think if muse has to roll out adventure mode in multiple DLC packages the "Season Pass" holders will get all the DLC for free, or at lease all of it released over the next year. So if they release CoOp multiplayer mission as "Adventure Mode" DLC then release an econ system as a separate DLC and call it "Trade Routes" Season pass holders would get both where as the general public would have to buy them piecemeal. This is just speculation BTW.

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 12:05:24 pm »
This is just speculation BTW.

As far as I'm aware, your speculation is dead on.

No matter how many DLCs stand between us and 'full' Adventure Mode, you'll get them all if you KickStartered AM (at the proper tiers) or buy the "season pass". So far we're getting at least 2 DLCs, with the PvE mode that's coming out next year as the first, and then "Adventure Mode".

There are no plans for a subscription model and the game will never be pay-to-win.