Author Topic: Most Ridiculous Things You've Done  (Read 74984 times)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Most Ridiculous Things You've Done
« on: March 11, 2013, 07:32:54 pm »
We all like winning matches, but when it comes down to it, we're just here for fun. Sometimes that fun can be achieved by facing off against an equally skilled team, but at other times more... unconventional means are used. So, what are the craziest things you've done to get a good laugh from GoIO?

In my case, I've been on some all-flamer Junkers before, but the best moments are the all-harpoon ships, or the time that Smollett loaded his Junker's broadsides with flares. Even better was when Furry, Lehran, Metal Man and I went all captains on a Goldfish (and still beat the other team), or when I crewed in a match made up entirely of Galleons with carronades in every slot.

What about you?

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
Re: Most Ridiculous Things You've Done
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 07:48:44 pm »
Can't remember all the wierd shit I've made. I remember getting some winning streaks while using an all-flare ship. Some all-harpoon matches were also quite awesome.

One of my best memories is still when Thomas rammed me while using moonshine and began to spin like a frigging mixer

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 07:49:33 pm »
Some of the things mentioned in there. I remember a lobby I was in, we ended up doing all junkers and all harpoons...... on canyon ambush.   After that we did an all galleon match in which we held broadside after broadside.

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 07:53:27 pm »
Light Gattling on the front, Barking Dog on the back, and Harpoon on the side of a Squid. My first match ever. Also happened to be the pilot/captain. Took on a Pyramidion and won somehow. Just kept flying past it, telling my side gunner to harpoon it to do a quick turn, and did some balloon popping. I'm gonna need to find a crew to join me that's just as crazy as I am when I fly...

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 07:55:41 pm »
I recently crewed with a guy who flew his Squid backwards, saying that the engines helped shield the hull from damage. Now that was really weird.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 08:02:38 pm »
I remember that i was on an all harpoon pyramidion, and one of the kills we got was a suicidal double kill, it was funny and glorious. Also there was a time when i was on an all carronade galleon and all we had were lochnagar rounds, we were just flying around trying to get close to the enemy, but the crew chatter was hilarious.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 08:17:17 pm »
Let me preface by saying I am an insane pilot, but hey, it works.

Harpoon rear on a squid. Flying backwards at the guns of a spire full speed. Harpoon fires and I hit the chute vent. Spire comes crashing downwards overhead. Barely avoid scraping the ground as usual as my crew berates me for my insane piloting. Spire hits the ground, unable to move. First kill of the game. 1 shot fired by the squid.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 08:19:17 pm »
Let me preface by saying I am an insane pilot, but hey, it works.

Harpoon rear on a squid. Flying backwards at the guns of a spire full speed. Harpoon fires and I hit the chute vent. Spire comes crashing downwards overhead. Barely avoid scraping the ground as usual as my crew berates me for my insane piloting. Spire hits the ground, unable to move. First kill of the game. 1 shot fired by the squid.

Oh... My gosh...

That has to be a salute.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 09:28:29 pm »
Harpoon squids are the best harpoon ships, they'll be going at top speed and then someone lands a harpoon and then someone gets slingshotted full speed into a wall or their ally or their own ship and it's so very possible to oneshot another ship with a ram and it's just this insane game of high speed bumper cars.

My favorite moment by far has been the Poop Deck Pricker colliding with a wall at a roughly 30° angle, bouncing off at roughly two to three times its normal top speed and RIGHT into an otherwise too far to reach enemy Pyramidion, OLBITERATING it from full armor and HP (it lived for like two seconds before dying to a lone gatling) for the win.  And of course, it was square in the engines, just to live up to the name.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 09:31:26 pm »
Harpoon squids are the best harpoon ships, they'll be going at top speed and then someone lands a harpoon and then someone gets slingshotted full speed into a wall or their ally or their own ship and it's so very possible to oneshot another ship with a ram and it's just this insane game of high speed bumper cars.

My favorite moment by far has been the Poop Deck Pricker colliding with a wall at a roughly 30° angle, bouncing off at roughly two to three times its normal top speed and RIGHT into an otherwise too far to reach enemy Pyramidion, OLBITERATING it from full armor and HP (it lived for like two seconds before dying to a lone gatling) for the win.  And of course, it was square in the engines, just to live up to the name.

Wow, that must have been cool.

Harpoon Squids are just the best. At the end of the CA games every month, all of the ships go full-harpoon Squids. It gets really, really hectic.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 12:31:23 am »
Best time: Dual flame junkers (ally was Lehran) on Canyon.

Bestest Idea: Triple flame junkers on Canyon. My god, all I can think of is this line: Don't cross the streams!

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 01:30:11 am »
Crazy things I've done... hmmm...

Using a balloon pop squid to tackle a Galleon with a newby crew all speaking Russian, using impact bumpers and my Hulls armor (Squid armor, lol, I know right?) to keep the Galleon on the ground while trying to pop it and speaking a slurred russian from google translate.

After a match my gunner speaks in PERFECT english, "Your russian is very bad, please, use English."

Offline Shukketsushi

• Salutes: 50
    • [МSF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 04:59:24 am »
Let's see... Usually my matches with Vatic as captain are really ridiculous. We did a harpoon squid once, sniped a galleon through a hole in some wreckage on Duel at Dawn, actually damaging the galleon more than our own ship.  The other night everyone was a gunner with chem spray; the context is hard to convey on that one, though.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 09:07:35 am »
Am I the only one who ever tried to crush Firestone in his hidey hole, while he was on my own team?

Offline ATeddyBear

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 12
    • [HRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 10:05:32 am »
Killing a Galleon with a Ram in a Squid.

Also I have seen Harpoon Squids be very successful. There was one match that I was in my Pyrmid and my teammate said "I'm going doing an all Harpoon Squid". It was Canyons and he keep sneaking around and would harpoon the enemy ship to pull their guns out of range and slam them into the Canyon walls. I would then clean up with the Pyrmid. To my surprise we won!