Author Topic: On Board Cakes  (Read 21930 times)

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
Re: On Board Cakes
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 07:51:03 pm »
The object is about 85% Cake, 10% top hat, and 5% candle.

Besides, your clan isn't even called [THat], so you only get half of that percent calculation.

Besides, when's the last time you heard "huzzah! It's the GoIO Birthday!"?

Checkmate, Gents.

Offline shadowsteel

• Salutes: 18
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2013, 10:55:54 am »
Ah Ah Ah. Hold on James. I'm not a Gent and I have no stake in this, but there is something you haven't considered.

The clan Cake has taken a symbol known universally as a Birthday thing. The fire/candle is part of that symbol as well. It's called a birthday cake.

Now that there is a birthday happening, the cake is being used to celebrate the birthday as intended. It's required. There is no Birthday without Birthday Cake!

To analogize, it's like taking the turkey as your symbol and saying the Pilgrims honored you by creating Thanksgiving.

The Top Hat however, has nothing to do with birthdays. It's not required. A cake without it would have gotten the message across just fine.

Check. Your move Kirk, ... your move.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 11:02:26 am »
Y'all are wrong. No one wears a top hat anymore unless they've been drinking or are from the past. Cakes are for happy or, dare I say, merry occasions. And you all know what this means:

It means I need another drink. This top hat with a party hat strapped to the top still seems ridiculous.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2013, 01:45:35 pm »
So no one is going with the "Ducks number one theory"

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2013, 02:27:35 pm »
Sammy, your argument might be made stronger by pointing out the falling confetti around the cake falls in a V shaped patter from time to time, making an obvious reference to the Duck's formation flying. I claim no special recognition from the Muse folk.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2013, 02:32:07 pm »
Alright Shadow, I'll bite.

If I made a Clan called [TRKY] (turkey) and talked about Thanksgiving all the time, and Muse said they were doing a Thanksgiving special, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions.

But if they started putting Turkeys with little hats on all the ships, I would say something.

In this case, the Cake came before the GoIO Birthday.

And just as a cake is representative of a Birthday, a top hat is representative of Steampunk.

No really, Google Image Steampunk.

Lots of top hats.

So, the same argument could be made that, really, this is just a Steampunk representation of the generic item my Clan is based around. 

What if Muse is really not referencing any of us, and just had a generic Steampunk cake in honor of their birthday.

Nahhhhh

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2013, 05:07:43 pm »
Nah, its tots about that V formation of confetti that I toldy came up without the help of Hamster.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2013, 05:08:48 pm »
Also... Know what cakes leave once you've eaten them? Crumbs. Know what Ducks eat? Breadcrumbs.

/thread

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2013, 05:17:57 pm »
Also... Know what cakes leave once you've eaten them? Crumbs. Know what Ducks eat? Breadcrumbs.

/thread

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2013, 05:30:10 pm »
Well... They... You know... Had to make it subtle. A loaf of bread would have been far too direct.

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2013, 06:27:31 pm »
This clearly shows that the cakes are supporting the gents otherwise they shall plummet to the ground ;)

Offline Jason McMorgan

• Salutes: 4
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2013, 08:13:47 pm »
Well... They... You know... Had to make it subtle. A loaf of bread would have been far too direct.

Honestly I prefer pieces of soft pretzel. You know, the high class fancy shit

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2013, 02:28:57 am »
They inconspicuously placed cakes on every ship, except for 1.. The Galleon. The ship with the worst overall captain's view. They sneakily put it right in front of the wheel to distract whoever is piloting. Muse is trying to get all Galleon captains killed!

It's a conspiracy to get people to say they need new a ship... Just so Muse Games will have the perfect excuse to release the newest beta ship.

The cake is a hint.  ???
The cake is a lie.  :'(

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2013, 05:45:06 pm »
Upon closer inspection of the cake I noticed it is held together by barrel hoops. The same type of hoops as lest say a whiskey barrel. Perhaps the cake is not a cake but rather a frosted whiskey barrel. Of all the clans that enjoy a good whiskey I can think of none who do so more than the Merry Men. Perhaps this "Cake" is Muse's way of paying tribute to those men among us who have dedicated their GOI play to being merry.

I am not being coerced into saying this  by Zill or Yiski. Nor does that duffel bag full of money I found under the bridge have anything to do with my support of the "Frosted Whiskey Barrel" theory.

Offline Andika

• Salutes: 114
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2013, 09:07:23 am »
I am not being coerced into saying this  by Zill or Yiski. Nor does that duffel bag full of money I found under the bridge have anything to do with my support of the "Frosted Whiskey Barrel" theory.

and what about all the chocolate cakes I sent you???!!  >:(