Author Topic: 1.3.3 GUNS AND GUNNER SKILL BALANCE  (Read 237320 times)

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: 1.3.3 GUNS AND GUNNER SKILL BALANCE
« Reply #285 on: November 05, 2013, 11:57:56 am »
Yeah, that is a problem.  God damn it and you asked for lower spread, now look what happens!  No one loves Heavy no more!

Hey I said it needed a small buff in spread, not simultaneous overboard buff to it along with a further increase in fire rate. Your problem here lies in the fact that now that it has too short of a range, you will hardly be able to make 2 ammo types effective on it, in earlier updates the advantages of Heavy vs Greased very too obvious (due to 700 meter range), now.. not so much, not much you can do about it, you either make it innaccurate enough so Greased can be used only at face hugging range, making everyone choose Heavy over it, or you make it accurate enough so Greased is the only option.

Aka, Raycast weapons are annoying to balance.

Light carronades don't even oneclip bloons on closest distance with charged anymore.

I can imagine that the Heavy Carronade is even worse then, since a Light Carronade does more damage than a full clip of the Heavy Carronade in one go. Wait, how is this possible? You sure you can't one-clip it if all projectiles land?

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 05, 2013, 11:59:30 am »
Well, I was including a mallet hit somewhere in between the shots.

The Heavy carronade deals more damage per clip than the light carronade (now), two charged shots of which all projectils hit oneclip bloons always, two heavy clip shots only if there is no repair on the bloon in between (which is less likely since emptying the Heavy Carro doesn't take as long as the Light one.)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:03:08 pm by Sprayer »

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 05, 2013, 12:02:06 pm »
Well, I was including a mallet hit somewhere in between the shots.

If there was no damage nerf then I see no problem, people hardly react fast enough for a mallet hit before the balloon gets wrecked by a buffed/Heavy light Carronade, so if they did I think it's fine for their balloon to live an other 6 seconds.

Sorry if I'm off on some things, I've been busy last week and couldn't get on the game.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 05, 2013, 12:03:08 pm »
I wasn't, I just stated a fact. Charged is the ammo that deals most damage per clip if you didn't know.

This simply is not true.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 05, 2013, 12:04:01 pm »
I wasn't, I just stated a fact. Charged is the ammo that deals most damage per clip if you didn't know.

Possibly (I cant be bothered with math), but not where you want it to.

Regardless of that though, every gun doesn't have to do their "job" in one clip else they are broken/underpowered. They feel just fine on my squid.

Offline Sprayer

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 05, 2013, 12:04:19 pm »
Smollet: Which Ammo deals more damage per clip then? (And don't tell me Lochnager, since that would only be true on guns with less than 2 shots; only the minelauncher and harpoon)
Echoez: Light Carro primary damage was nerfed from 160 -> 128
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:06:28 pm by Sprayer »

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 05, 2013, 12:06:05 pm »
And that's a choice you make and completely up to you to do so. Not knocking that. The other side of the coin has to be there though, even if you choose to not use it.

it is, it's called using another gun.  not all guns need to be good at all things or even multiple things.  some guns can be good at one thing and suck really bad at all other things.  the shorter range you make something the less variety you will see since you can no long trade dps for longer range or choose not to.   short range weapons only give you one choice,  how to do the thing it was designed to do best.

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 05, 2013, 12:09:28 pm »
and caro should be using either heavy clip incind or greased never charged

Offline Captain Smollett

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 05, 2013, 12:10:22 pm »
Smollet: Which Ammo deals more damage per clip then? (And don't tell me Lochnager, since that would only be true on guns with less than 2 shots; only the minelauncher and harpoon)

Burst

Offline Sprayer

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 05, 2013, 12:10:33 pm »
and caro should be using either heavy clip incind or greased never charged
You used charged in a light carronade? The damage bonus doesn't account enough for the missed "projectiles" that hit something else due to spread. At least not in my experiences.

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 05, 2013, 12:11:30 pm »

Well with Heavy Clip and a Buff, it deals 1244.16 damage to the balloon, still takes it down in one go if they don't get a mallet hit in.

From point blank, a Charged clip will deal slightly more overall damage than a Buff/Heavy loaded one, but does so slower due to fire rate reduction, I think that's why your enemy had more than enough time to get in a mallet stroke.

Offline Sprayer

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 05, 2013, 12:11:54 pm »
Damn you smollet ;_:
Yeah, I'm gonna use burst on light carros from now on just to oneclip bloons.
And again, I never actually used Charged on Light Carros. Damn you people, don't you read posts that contain only one line?

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 05, 2013, 12:18:04 pm »
Damn you smollet ;_:
And again, I never actually used Charged on Light Carros. Damn you people, don't you read posts that contain only one line?

you're the one who included a mallet hit, with a dif clip chosen no mallet hit would have happened

Offline Sprayer

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 05, 2013, 12:19:46 pm »
Damn you smollet ;_:

you're the one who included a mallet hit, with a dif clip chosen no mallet hit would have happened

Seriously, do you try to troll me or is it just that hard for you to grasp what is being posted?

Offline Captain Smollett

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 05, 2013, 12:21:45 pm »
Quote from: Captain Smollett link=
[/quote

Burst

is this real?

I'm not saying burst is the best ammunition for carronade.  Just that it has more damage per clip than charged rounds do on account of the extra ammunition.