Author Topic: 1.3.3 GUNS AND GUNNER SKILL BALANCE  (Read 236986 times)

Offline B'Elanna

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 82
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: 1.3.3 GUNS AND GUNNER SKILL BALANCE
« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2013, 01:31:24 pm »
from dragonmere:
To anyone who doesn't understand why COx/WOLF/Duck is so extremely upset; basically every patch that has come out (i've only been here since 1.1) has nerfed our prefered and practiced playstyle. It gets to the point where it's just incredibly frustrating having to tweak and relearn the same tactics over and over because they weren't 'balanced'. I'd much rather have to learn to counter NEW guns/ships/ways to play, still using my brawling setups.
If you're just picking guns and ships to 'have fun', or intentionally picking setups outside the 'meta', you're not going to mind any of the changes. Hell, they're great for you. But if you're legitimately trying to destroy the competition EVERY MATCH, and your preferred play-style has ALWAYS been close-range brawler, its hard not to take it personally, even if it isn't meant that way.

that was really nice to read! thank you :3

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2013, 01:35:12 pm »
awkm could you please make the usage and win % stats of all ships and load outs available to us please?  I'm very interested in some actual numbers on this thanks.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 01:40:43 pm by -Mad Maverick- »

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2013, 02:10:06 pm »
My general impression of the patch is that kills are occurring much slower either because we haven't figured out the new meta or there has been an overall drop in weapon lethality. Because of this it seems to be harder for one very well run ship to carry a team. Now in a 1v1 the ships could trade blows for much longer without either side scoring a kill. Back when gat morter in the hands of skilled operators could bring down a ship in 2 clips (1 clip if they were lucky) a single ship could dominate a server so long as their ally could distract the enemy enough to prevent 2v1's for an extended period of time. The game seems more reliant on two ships focusing the same target than before since the damage output of one ship is no longer sufficient to score a kill against good engineers.

I admit to being a little butt hurt over this. It was a terrific feeling joining a lobby and taking over a ship whose captain rage quit because the other side was stacked. Then training a low level crew up to the point we could beat the stacked team. However without the cooperation of the other captain a well trained crew does not seem sufficient to bring victory any more.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:11:39 pm by HamsterIV »

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2013, 02:29:11 pm »
I would just hate for all of these decisions to be based off of conjecture and anecdotal evidence

Offline The Djinn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 19
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2013, 02:39:59 pm »
However without the cooperation of the other captain a well trained crew does not seem sufficient to bring victory any more.

I actually really like this. I feel that teams should have to play together to achieve victory. Yes, it leads to some annoying games with captains who won't cooperate or even communicate, but I wholeheartedly support a decrease in one ship's ability to single-handedly earn a victory.

Offline Fenchurch

• Salutes: 0
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2013, 07:16:06 pm »
I'm taking a break, for sure. And for the record, while the constant brawler-nerfing (and how unhappy it makes our captains) is a factor, just as big a factor is the tone of this thread. For the millionth time, when the Wolves were winning, it was actually because of how much we played together (hours a day), how well we understood each other, and how much fun we were having as people who enjoyed one another's company. Implying otherwise (or stating it directly, if you're a real charmer) is really a pretty nasty conversational gambit and demeans the effort we put into the game for the joy of it.

I've loved this game since beta. I am not a "hardcore" gamer by any stretch of the imagination. I usually favor MMOs, big sprawly things like Civilization, or odd little puzzle/strategy games. I like to tinker and explore.

What kept me coming back here was the people. And many of you are obviously as funny/laid-back/witty/cool as you ever were. I wish you joy. But my clan and I have been called cheaters, exploiters, uncreative meta-build "run straight at 'em" types and other thinly-veiled euphemisms for meatheads about as much as I can stomach for right now. I'm a real person and these are my real friends. This is becoming a really unpleasant way to spend my leisure time. The tone is headed downwards, and not just in the forums. At the very least I need a break from it.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2013, 07:47:42 pm »
Mod side again.

This thread is for guns and gunner skill balance. Please keep things on topic. Thanks.

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 30, 2013, 07:51:27 pm »
back on topic,  can we get those usage statistics that I know we are working off of?

Offline Fenchurch

• Salutes: 0
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2013, 08:00:10 pm »
Talking about the tone of the topic is on-topic, thanks. That's how conversation works. If conversation becomes impossible because the community has become vicious, then I get to point that out.

Offline Subarco

• Salutes: 4
    • [♞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2013, 10:28:47 pm »
Talking about the tone of the topic is on-topic, thanks. That's how conversation works. If conversation becomes impossible because the community has become vicious, then I get to point that out.

That's probably a better conversation to have in another thread.

Offline The Churrosaur

• Salutes: 12
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2013, 11:01:59 pm »
Guys. Let's talk about guns OK?

I like how the tracers for the gat aren't completely misleading anymore. Props to Muse for that.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 30, 2013, 11:41:20 pm »
Looking at the gat, I'd say a RoF increase along with a bit of a damage buff would do the trick. I'm thinking old gat fire rate (6.25/s) and 8 piercing per shot. If that's a little too much, the clip size could be scaled down slightly.

As for the Hades, I'd like to see it go back to 40 piercing and have maybe 200m arming distance.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 30, 2013, 11:48:15 pm »

This thread is specifically for guns and gunner skill balance, not the tone of anything. If you have an issue with that, feel free to PM the appropriate parties or send an email to abuse@musegames.com.

Thanks.

Looking at the gat, I'd say a RoF increase along with a bit of a damage buff would do the trick. I'm thinking old gat fire rate (6.25/s) and 8 piercing per shot. If that's a little too much, the clip size could be scaled down slightly.

As for the Hades, I'd like to see it go back to 40 piercing and have maybe 200m arming distance.

Id rather try RoF without touching the damage. I like the larger clip since it open up a lot of ammo potential.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 30, 2013, 11:53:34 pm »
Yeah, RoF should definitely be the focus. Now that I think of it, it already gets a pretty good edge over the Hades in terms of damage per clip, so getting it to unload quicker is more important.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 30, 2013, 11:55:02 pm »
Yup. For the Hades, the fire stacks was the only thing that bugged me since now one can hit with it rather consistently. Taking away some of that fire % will lower the dps on its own. As for the arming, Im still on the fence.