Author Topic: 1.3.3 GUNS AND GUNNER SKILL BALANCE  (Read 235782 times)

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: 1.3.3 GUNS AND GUNNER SKILL BALANCE
« Reply #360 on: January 23, 2014, 04:18:02 pm »
I vote for making the carronade histscan again or adding tracers. Right now it is extremely difficult to use the shatter damage on the light carronade, less so for heavy.

Offline Kestril

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 24, 2014, 01:44:28 am »
I'm starting to think that the "sweet spot" for the flak is too narrow. It detonates shortly after it's arming time. It doesn't have too much of a window to be effective, even when paired with the Hadies or mercury cannon. Either shorten the arming time or lengthen the range to make this window a little bigger.  Either that, or increase the ammo mag to where you can lay down flak like it's the battlestar galactica (a bit of a hyperbole there), but I think that would make things a little too similar to the mortar.

It's currently out-shined by the Artemis missile, which will not only kill stuff, but also strip components, and do it with more accuracy and rounds in the clip!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 01:54:23 am by Kestril »

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 24, 2014, 02:11:09 am »
I'm starting to think that the "sweet spot" for the flak is too narrow. It detonates shortly after it's arming time. It doesn't have too much of a window to be effective, even when paired with the Hadies or mercury cannon. Either shorten the arming time or lengthen the range to make this window a little bigger.  Either that, or increase the ammo mag to where you can lay down flak like it's the battlestar galactica (a bit of a hyperbole there), but I think that would make things a little too similar to the mortar.

It's currently out-shined by the Artemis missile, which will not only kill stuff, but also strip components, and do it with more accuracy and rounds in the clip!
This pretty much sums up all of the shortcomings of the light flak in a nutshell.  awkm stated he'll be taking a look at this gun and I'm sure will take these forum posts into consideration.

Offline Kestril

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 24, 2014, 02:21:09 am »

This pretty much sums up all of the shortcomings of the light flak in a nutshell.  awkm stated he'll be taking a look at this gun and I'm sure will take these forum posts into consideration.

Awesome. I'm sure giving it the same, or similar, arming time as the hades will allow for some great synergy at that medium skirmish-range.

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 27, 2014, 05:54:37 pm »
Light flak has far supperior killing power to artemis tbh. If you want to kill stuff at medium-lond range only weapon more eficcient is heavy flak. They don't do anything else exceptionaly well but they are at least good at killing. Artemis is far supperior at dissabling and hades might be better at armor and baloon killing, but lack the burst damage of flak. You need 2 ships worth of artemis to match pure hull killing power of a single light flak - even if 2 shis wort of artemis focus fire will dissable entire ship in no more than 5 seconds.
As for arming range in comparison to max range is: 225M to 1000M I think the "sweet spot" is large enough, altho inclusion of arming time on light flak doesen't make any sense.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 06:01:08 pm by Mattilald Anguisad »

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 28, 2014, 11:32:26 am »
Basically, most people seem to think it's more profitable to have someone disabled and slowly dying than to have someone dodging your hades shots with full engine health.