Author Topic: New Bullet types  (Read 4319 times)

Offline roder

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
New Bullet types
« on: October 22, 2013, 02:57:03 am »
Slag- similar effect to Tar Barrel, it should fire a smog cloud from whichever gun its fired from. This is beneficial because not only can you fire it from a rear-end gun, but you can fire it from a front-end gun while running in reverse. The bullet should not be abusable, and should not have as profound as effect as Tar Barrel.

Cloud should last 10 seconds (vs 30s), and the gun should lose half life, so you can't just shoot it constantly (or it'd break down, and you need to reload bullet type).

Sticky Harpoon- Special ammo only for harpoon gun. Meant for hitting allied ships, but dealing less damage, because (...it's a rubber harpoon covered in tar that sticks to ships instead of pierce it? sounds reasonable). Now, instead of the harpoon gun being a niche weapon, it can be used to help allied ships in common situations. For slower allied ships, or ships that have their engines blown, attach yourself and help tow them out of trouble. Or for allies that have their balloons shot down, if you can attach to keep them afloat for a few more seconds while they repair.

To avoid abusing this ammo, the stick should only last 10?? seconds. It should also still do some damage on impact. And slow reload time to prevent just re-attaching repeatedly.

Slug Rounds- Much weaker version of carronade ammunition. Placed on long-range weapons, this can shore up some of the short-range weaknesses by giving a very very weak version of a shotgun. (Not meant to create an all-purpose gun, just gives a very sub-par option for a ship with all long-range weapons).

40% of carronade damage, +recoil, 200m range (as opposed to carronades 400m range)

all percent increases and numbers are just for show, not sure what is good but I just wanted to share the ideas, the numbers can always be tweaked
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 03:01:10 am by roder »

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: New Bullet types
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 04:52:24 am »
While you have some nice ideas there is a flaw i'd like to point out.

Every type of bullet type we have can be used in every weapon. even if they aren't effective  e.g lochnagar gattling etc. they can still be used. however slug and sticky harpoon are dedicated to  one certain weapon. (i do like the idea of grabbing your ally though ;D

something like could be quite dangerous  but easily abusable if you get three engies focused on repairing the one weapon where its being used on. Repairing and rebuilding asap could cause so much tar cloud we could get FPS drops hehe :P

I do think they should have friendly fire activated on harpoons though ( like the mine launcher)

Offline NoWuffo

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
Re: New Bullet types
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 05:13:39 am »
Sticky Harpoon- Special ammo only for harpoon gun. Meant for hitting allied ships, but dealing less damage, because (...it's a rubber harpoon covered in tar that sticks to ships instead of pierce it? sounds reasonable). Now, instead of the harpoon gun being a niche weapon, it can be used to help allied ships in common situations. For slower allied ships, or ships that have their engines blown, attach yourself and help tow them out of trouble. Or for allies that have their balloons shot down, if you can attach to keep them afloat for a few more seconds while they repair.

Knowing a thing or two behind programming, the code required to make the physics of this work properly would be waaaaaaayyy too much for Muse to handle, let alone it might be too much for the Unity engine to handle! A much easier way of doing things would just allow harpoons to hit allied ships. Throw in the same damage as an enemy ship, everything would handle identically, but it would give you that option of tying yourself to a teammate.

Sidenote: too bad ships pass right through a harpoon line, the thought of closelining a pesky squid between me and a teammate would just be too good!