Author Topic: Damage chart  (Read 17374 times)

Offline Moe Stash

• Salutes: 3
    • [FRN]
    • View Profile
Damage chart
« on: October 20, 2013, 01:24:43 am »
Hello everybody,

I made this chart before summer started and haven't updated it since, but this downtime gave me some time to update it.

It contains the damage of every gun in the game to every part of the ship (except guns and engines because I didn't find any data on how much each gun/engine has health). I didn't write any ammo or weapon special traits such as increased speed, AoE, fire stacks, etc. because I think most people who will use this already know these traits. This damage isn't correct regarding some weapons because firing a carronade won't always do full damage as it is a ray cast weapon and with that in mind you can see which type of ammo is best used in which situation.

It also contains hull health and armor and balloon health of each ship. The bolded weapons are Heavy ones and since default rounds sounds lame I decided to name it Creux rounds. Hope you like it and if I made any mistakes feel free to post it here or correct it yourself if you are familiar with excel.

Edit: Since Erheller made a better chart I decided to put it here so you don't have to scroll down to get it.

Dropbox folder
Google docs folder
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 07:44:19 pm by Shinkurex »

Offline Erheller

• Salutes: 9
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Damage chart
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 01:30:30 am »
*Salutes*

Nice chart! I love tables like this, and I was actually pretty disappointed that something like this hadn't existed before you put this here.

I do think that there is some additional information you can add. Don't get me wrong: I love this spreadsheet. I just want to make it even better :)

• For the ammo types, I think a third column with additional effects would be nice. For example, it's not noted anywhere that heavy clip eliminates recoil.
  • I think that for certain guns, finding the DPS (including and excluding reload times) would be mildly helpful. I was doing some number crunching a couple months back and seeing the gatling's dps including reload (62.70) compared to the repair per second of the mallet (25) was helpful for my game. (The gatling dps isn't accurate anymore because of gatling nerfs)
  • Going off of the previous point, I think that calculating the dps with each type of ammunition for each gun could be helpful. How much more dps do you really get with a charged heavy flak versus a normal ammo heavy flak? Having a concrete number would be quite helpful.
  • A firing rate column for each gun would be nice.
  • I can't remember where I saw it, but I think that the Heavy Carronade fires 9 pellets. Not sure where you'd put that information, but I think it's useful.

Overall, though, this chart is awesome. Assuming all the numbers are right (I'm sure they are), this is the most comprehensive spreadsheet I've ever seen about GoI.

I know I made a lot of criticisms without actually working on the speadsheet, but I'm busy right now so I can't make those changes (heck, I probably shouldn't even be writing this out). When I do get a chance, though, I'll see if I can make some of the improvements I suggested (and see if they actually help or not).

Also, is there anyone that does know the health of guns and engines? I'd be really interested in that information.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 10:51:21 am »
Light Guns - 200 hp
Heavy Guns - 425

Light Engines -  300
Heavy engines - 525

Offline The Djinn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 19
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 11:18:05 am »
Light Guns - 200 hp
Heavy Guns - 425

Hm. I thought Light Guns had 250hp. Thanks for correcting me on that.

Offline Moe Stash

• Salutes: 3
    • [FRN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 12:15:25 pm »
Thanks for the feedback and the guns/engines hp info.  :D

Adding the dps is a great idea and it's probably the first thing I'll do. The carronade is a bit of a problem because I don't understand the way it exactly works. For example, do additional pellets do more damage to the same part of a ship or is it 1 pellet for each part?

I left this chart in excel because it's easier to update it and it's like a draft version. For now it won't get any decoration and if I had everything correct then I'd put a little more work into it adding pictures of the ships,guns and ammunition. Another thing I would like to know is the size of the maps. How many meters are in a square?

Offline Subarco

• Salutes: 4
    • [♞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 12:20:03 pm »
Thanks for the chart! Some of these numbers did surprise me a bit.

I think DPS definitely would a nice addition. Perhaps one for DPS per clip and one for DPS per multiple clips (taking account of the reload time). Would paint a better picture for each gun's performance.

Offline Captain Smollett

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 12:45:04 pm »
Map squares are different sizes on each map.

Carronade does a fraction of it's damage for each pellet that hits.  Heavy carronade has 16 pellets.

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 05:40:25 am »
I'm sure light guns have 250hp, on anything less than 240hp they'd go down on a single artemis AoE hit, which they do not. You need a direct hit to instantly destroy light guns, which deals 261 damage.

According to Wilson's notes, the Heavy Carronade has 20 pellets.

Moe Stash, can you please reupload that as .xls instead of .xlsx; I only got open office and that isn't compatible yet with the latest microsoft office file formats.
Oh and when you work on dps of a single clip, keep in mind that the first shot is not affected by the RoF. Especially noticeable on guns with small clips.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 05:58:23 am by Sprayer »

Offline Captain Smollett

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 06:29:55 pm »
I'm sure light guns have 250hp, on anything less than 240hp they'd go down on a single artemis AoE hit, which they do not. You need a direct hit to instantly destroy light guns, which deals 261 damage.

I'm nearly certain that light weapons have 200hp.  The Artemis is misleading for this test since the aoe damage reduces as it moves farther away from where it impacts.

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 11:56:57 am »
Uhu. Try gatling then.

Offline Erheller

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 11:35:04 pm »
I'm working on improving Moe Stash's chart right now. I'm in the process of making all of the excel calculations reliant on only the published stats, which will make the spreadsheet easier to update when a new build comes out. Also, more numbers and calculations because I love numbers.

Also, I'd like the following values if anyone has them:

• The amount of health (percentage or integer) a buff gives to armor, balloons, engines, and guns. I'm not even sure if a health buff is given to guns.
  • The amount of damage a buff adds to a gun.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone is able to confirm the health of light guns. Otherwise, I'm going to use Captain Smollett's numbers for consistency.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 12:21:32 am »
Buffs give +30% armour to the hull (they don't increase the health of any other component) and +20% damage to guns. Smollett's health numbers are correct.

Offline Erheller

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 07:56:14 pm »
Here's my mostly-finished spreadsheet, updated for 1.3.3 Build 397.

Dropbox links:
Spreadsheet folder - includes release notes and skywhales!
Direct spreadsheet link

Google docs links:
Editable
Read-only

The release notes have some improvements I'd like to make in the future. If you have any improvements you'd like to make or if you've found an error I made, post them here or email me and I'll try to get back as soon as I can!

Offline Erheller

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 07:39:16 pm »
Oops. I forgot to factor in the rate of fire for different ammunition.

Anyways, because I'm going to be updating these frequently (or at least I hope so), I'll post stable links here to the folders.

Dropbox folder
Google docs folder

Offline NukeTheMoon

• Salutes: 4
    • [RR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 01:26:31 pm »
On the topic of charts (didn't find a more suitable thread) I have a question regarding this one. Where do engines fit into this scheme? What is the multiplier for different damage types? Thanks a bunch. :)