Author Topic: New Game Type - Duel Matches  (Read 4323 times)

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
New Game Type - Duel Matches
« on: October 28, 2013, 05:08:06 pm »
It has come to my attention that a LOT of people have a very hard time dealing with stacking in Team Deathmatch. I personally don't mind stacking nor really being stacked against at all, because superior teamwork is superior teamwork, which equals superior firepower and superior firepower is definitely superior firepower. 2 is greater than 1 and always has been, hence the power of stacking.

So I have a simple and fun solution to this - but first let me say I do not believe that new players and experienced players should be divided, segregated, or separated by any means. Not only would that make finding matches slower, but it wouldn't even make a difference, because many "New" players are just experienced players on a new account. Not that I think Muse would do that... heh  ;D... I just know many people think they want that, but it won't help them.

I believe the best solution is the one that's the most simple.. fun.. smooth.. and realistic.. The way this entire game basically is, and thats why I adore it. Instead of using a mathematical system to separate and scramble higher level players and lower level players to avoid Team Stacking, just offer a Duel Matches option, right below Team Deathmatch.

Duel Matches! 1v1! Just 2 players needed! Games are easy to start, fill, and find! Team Stacking is not possible! Test your solo skill! 2 airships go in, 1 airship comes out!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 05:12:28 pm by Grey-Wolf Jack »

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: New Game Type - Duel Matches
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 05:16:18 pm »
Duel at Dawn was a 1v1 map back in beta. The problem was that this game isn't balanced for 1v1, it's all based around teamwork, and in the end it proved to be rather unpopular.

Offline NoWuffo

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
Re: New Game Type - Duel Matches
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 07:44:53 am »
Yeah the problem with 1v1 is that's not the type of game Muse wants to make. It would be very easy for one type of ship to kill another type of ship for any given patch. That's because ships aren't made to be balanced. They're meant to compliment each other so that teamwork is required to make them viable. 1v1 doesn't require teamwork, it doesn't require much strategy. Teams of ships is the way they want to take this game, and I full-heartedly agree.