Author Topic: Ban the User Above You  (Read 2380425 times)

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Ban the User Above You
« Reply #1635 on: September 16, 2014, 02:05:42 pm »
I ban RedRoach because a great british carvery is essentially as follows:

You go to a pub (place that sells booze and often lunch and dinners.) Or specific carvery place (they exist.) You usually pay a set price per person for the meal, kid's are usually cheaper. Drinks are not included.
What happens is you are granted permission to 'go up' after being seated and ordering drinks. Which means you go up to a sort of counter and you choose what things you want, things from a a Great British 'roast dinner',
Which, in Britania as you call it means a roasted meat, usually beef, lamb, pork, or chicken, Yorkshire pudding [a kind of batter that is cooked to leave a well in the centre to allow gravy to be placed, note sometimes this batter can be filled with sausages, but that is a whole other dish.]

Fig. 1. A Yorksire pudding- is excellent with gravy.

This is usually accompanied by roasted potatoes and other vegetables, note the best roasted potatoes are covered in goose fat before cooking.

You choose what you want when you 'go up', it is the norm to have lot's of one kind of meat or an assortment of different ones, in the interest of fairness if you choose an assortment of meat, the amount you get will be equal in size to the amount you would get if you only choose one sort of meat.

More often than not just after the 'counter' with the meat there is a table with sauces, like mustard and gravy etc. and most importantly sausages this table is help yourself which is a bad move for the restaurant as they suddenly lose out on sausages... for some reason ;)

Also it should be noted that you cannot 'go up' more than once which sounds bad, but if you know this beforehand you will get lots of food so all is good. It is called a carvery because the meat you get is carved in front of you on request at the meat 'counter'.

And as for outside of the UK I'm not sure where you can get one, now you know what one is that might make finding a carvery or equivalent easier.

Please salute comment and subscribe. Stay tuned for more guides on how to England.  8)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 02:07:23 pm by Replaceable »

Offline Riggatto

• Salutes: 60
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: September 16, 2014, 03:02:37 pm »
I ban replaceable for writing a long post in the ban thread

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #1637 on: September 16, 2014, 06:50:20 pm »
I ban replaceable for making me home sick. Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding smothered in gravy was the kind of big meal my parents would cook on special occasions.

Offline Replaceable

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: September 16, 2014, 07:20:05 pm »
I ban hamster because I'm sorry- i know that when I eventually have to leave home a roast dinner is the first thing I'll miss. Also because you didn't ban Riggato.

Offline RedRoach

• Salutes: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: September 16, 2014, 09:06:01 pm »
I ban Replaceable because BRRIITAAANNIIIIAAAAAA

...side note, that looks gooood.

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1640 on: September 17, 2014, 09:16:24 am »
Please salute comment and subscribe. Stay tuned for more guides on how to England.  8)
I saluted, commented but I think the subscribe button is broken
I ban RedRoach for breaking it. (We all know you did it, just look at that pineapple it's a health hazard)

Offline RedRoach

• View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: September 17, 2014, 10:36:33 am »
I ban Cheesy because Noooooooooo blame Shink

(it's not a health hazard but it is dangerous)

Offline Replaceable

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: September 17, 2014, 11:37:20 am »
I ban RedRoach (I feel as if I am always banning RedRoach these days...) because even though the subscribe button is broken you can add the pit to your favourites and check it everyday to see if it's updated. (shh i totally don't do that....  xD) 

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: September 17, 2014, 11:51:16 am »
I ban Replaceable for telling people how to circumvent the fact that posts in the Pit aren't reported on-site.

Offline RedRoach

• View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: September 17, 2014, 12:48:11 pm »
I ban Jacob because I'm not green with envy

(see what i did there... hahaha... ah okay)

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: September 17, 2014, 02:40:45 pm »
I ban RedRoach for racism.

Offline RedRoach

• View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: September 17, 2014, 03:35:25 pm »
I ban Queso because he's a dev and can change the colors of his title easily, so therefore it is not racism. Also it's not racism in Jacob's case because he used to be a CA Mod. Speaking of which...

I ban Queso for hiring more cakes.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: September 17, 2014, 08:46:33 pm »
Big ban time. I ban RedRoach because I'm no longer a dev. I double ban RedRoach cause I didn't have access even when I was interning at Muse Games. My old ban on racism therefore still applies making a triple ban. I quad ban you for forgetting that I also was a CA Mod. I quintuple ban RedRoach for implying I have any power over hiring people. I sextuple ban RedRoach because who doesn't like cake. And I septuple ban RedRoach because the previous bans built up enough ban tax to cost him another ban.

COME AT ME BRO!

Offline Riggatto

• Salutes: 60
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: September 17, 2014, 09:05:55 pm »
I ban Queso for making seven bans in one post

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: September 17, 2014, 09:38:01 pm »
I ban Riggatto because 7 is a lucky number.