Author Topic: This game needs fullscreen windowed and mouse pointer lock  (Read 8979 times)

Offline Zesbeer

• Salutes: 0
    • [BR]
    • View Profile
This game needs fullscreen windowed and mouse pointer lock
« on: October 18, 2013, 01:44:45 am »
one of the main reasons why I can't stand playing this game is because of how it handles alt tabing there are times when nothing is happening in the game (start of the match going from point a to b) and I would like to tab out and do stuff on my second monitor but right now what is happening is my mouse pointer will get stuck on the underside of the screen and will click me out of the game its extremely frustrating.

So please please please add either or both fullscreen windowed and mouse pointer lock!

Its apparently extremely useful for people who do e-sports and stream as well.

Offline Urz

• Salutes: 75
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: This game needs fullscreen windowed and mouse pointer lock
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 03:27:50 am »
Add -popupwindow to your Steam launch options.

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 04:22:20 am »
Never had an issue with that. Or i just dont understand what u want ...
I play fullscreen and when i alt tab it works and when im in again i can click whereever i want and dont get thrown back to desktop.

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 07:22:08 am »
Or a borderless windowed mode would do

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 09:12:40 am »
Or a borderless windowed mode would do

How can I run the game in “borderless windowed” mode?

Right-click on the game in your Steam library. Go the General tab, and click Set Launch Options. Enter “-popupwindow” (no quotes) in the box and hit okay. When you start the game, you will not have any of the Windows OS frames around your game window.

Copied from the FAQ.

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 09:37:37 am »
It doesn't seem to like dual screens when you do that though. Whenever I use windowed mode it keeps shunting the window between my two monitors, and it will do it whenever the game changes through say, a major option screen. It got so annoying I just stuck to full windowed mode and put up with the same stuff the OP describes.

Edit: Huh. I just went back to my steam library and removed the -popupwindow command and then put it back in  to give it another try. Seems like it works better now. Neat.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:42:06 am by Morblitz »

Offline Captain Rico

• Salutes: 0
    • [SKH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 05:22:05 am »
for me it was absolutely unplayable as my mouse kept leaving the game to my left screen...only one click and you get thrown to the desktop.
I use the minitool "swapscreen.exe" where I can lock via shortcut my mouse to one of my screens.
Helped me alot but still sucks i need a third party tool for something like this

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 06:49:03 am »
i had that issue too with dual screens. but i just twirled 360 to the right once and it was back on main screen. especially alttabbing, steamchat or menujumping could cause this.

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 03:44:32 am »
for me it was absolutely unplayable as my mouse kept leaving the game to my left screen...only one click and you get thrown to the desktop.
I use the minitool "swapscreen.exe" where I can lock via shortcut my mouse to one of my screens.
Helped me alot but still sucks i need a third party tool for something like this

If you have a Nvidia graphics card there's an option in the control panel to emulate a single screen for a specific app. It worked perfectly for me as I was experiencing the same issue.