Author Topic: Idea for new Game type?  (Read 19931 times)

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Idea for new Game type?
« on: October 17, 2013, 04:48:47 pm »
What about an attack and defend sort of play. Say... blue and red team both have a structure to defend while having to destroy your opponents' meaning team work between all ships. deciding how many attack and defend. If maybe a disabler would be best to help stop their attacking force. Or go full attack and take them head on in the hopes you can out gun them :) Obviously this is up for discussion and probably won't be implemented anyway but i wanna feel like i've said something decent today xD

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Idea for new Game type?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 05:10:56 pm »
Sounds awesome, would have to be at least 4v4.

Offline Gambrill

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 05:11:56 pm »
Sounds awesome, would have to be at least 4v4.

Would open up the 4v4 genre to more than just two maps maybe? :) or at least increase the popularity 4v4's :)

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 07:06:57 pm »
Comparisons of the game to the Moba/arts/dota genre have already been made. I wouldn't mind seeing some more expansion to more strategic modes.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 07:33:09 pm »
How about an asymmetrical game mode 3v3 or 4v4, like Red team has to take so and so point, however blue team has to destroy a structure owned by red team, Blue team has to make sure that red can't take the point while also finding a way to destroy, red team is in the same boat, they have to take the point but also defend their structure, along with various other objective types We could possibly come up with.

Offline Gambrill

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 09:04:53 pm »
 Moba/arts/dota ? i have no idea what this is? :S

and that sounds pretty cool Pieman :)

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 11:27:03 pm »
Games like League of Legends, Dota, Heroes of Newerth.

Offline Cl ick to Ca p t ain

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 25
    • [?]
    • View Profile
    • ṋ̟̳̪͒ͦ͑ͯ͒̓̾͌̓ͥ̐̓o̹̗̭̝̪͚͖͙̖̝̳͔̮̟͙͆ͬ̇̋͗̒ͮͭ͌ͥ̀ͩͮ̆͛ͭ͐̈́ ̝̘̟̝̥̭͔̼͓͖̘̜̦̰͒͊̒͆̃ͩ͛̋͋̎̂̊̏͆ͣ̚ͅ ͓̦̖͔̖̞̟̱͉̪͇̮̫͉̀͋̆͗̑̽̿̚ͅ ̥͍͚̣̂̈́ͪ͋̂ͥ̊ͧͣ͌̉̇̓͆ͨ̔ͤ̍ ̫͇͕̤̣̩̗͎̭̙̱͔̘̝͖̀ͭ̆͂̈́ͅ ͎̹͓̼͖̥̤̗ͦͤ̈̄̚ͅt͎̞̺̱̜̺̋̋̊͗ͬ͗ͪͩ̈ͮ̽̐̉̀̅ͫ̃h̤̺͎͖̯͈͍̲͛͂̉́̎̂̔̚ ̯̲͓̭̬̱͈̟̳͒͒̉̈̊͊ͅͅ ̘͓͈͚̦ͪ̽͑ͣ̓ͦ͊̐̿̇̈́ ͪͨ͛̌̔̽͆ͬͪ̂̐
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 02:23:40 am »
Talking about new game modes my mind goes to the wasted potential of objective based game modes and them only having two teams. I get the no 1v1v1 FFA deathmatch, but a 2v2v2 resource race would be a lot of fun as would 2v2v2 crazy king. Even 2v2v2 DM would be fun in my opinion. The maps are already there they just need to edit a few things.

Offline IvKir

• Salutes: 8
    • [CBC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 03:43:36 am »
Gambrill right - something like good old Assault will be fun. Or, maybe, ctf? O_o

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 11:08:52 am »
protect the vip.
 4v4
best of 3

1 on defending team is the vip and the other 3 ships have to defend it to an extraction point, meanwhile the attackers have to kill the vip. - next round switch sides.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 11:18:19 am »
Going to totally rip off star conflict but:

Much like scrim's idea, however, one boat on each team is the "Fleet Admiral" which allows for respawns. The goal is to kill this boat so that your enemy stops respawning and you eventually win the game. 3v3/4v4.

Offline Serenum

• Salutes: 12
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 11:30:39 am »

Much like scrim's idea, however, one boat on each team is the "Fleet Admiral" which allows for respawns. The goal is to kill this boat so that your enemy stops respawning and you eventually win the game. 3v3/4v4.

This would be awesome and quite fitting with the setting!

Offline Skrimskraw

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 11:51:04 am »

actually seems better, a special ship might have to be designed maybe?

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 11:55:15 am »

Not really. The Admiral could be chosen prior to the game's start (or random, but that can cause a bit of chaos or lopsided games so its more risky). This way they know what's coming, and will equip up accordingly.

At the most, id say they could bump the Admiral's hull/armor just for longevity.

I'd hate to restrict one ship to one game mode.

Offline Skrimskraw

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 12:55:34 pm »

Not really. The Admiral could be chosen prior to the game's start (or random, but that can cause a bit of chaos or lopsided games so its more risky). This way they know what's coming, and will equip up accordingly.

At the most, id say they could bump the Admiral's hull/armor just for longevity.

I'd hate to restrict one ship to one game mode.

hmm I though a bit more about it, and the squid pick weighs as much as the galleon. could be interesting.