Author Topic: Turboclicker.exe - fixing the broken autorepair  (Read 9737 times)

Offline Urz

• Salutes: 75
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Turboclicker.exe - fixing the broken autorepair
« on: March 03, 2014, 08:31:15 pm »
As most of the regular players know, the in-game auto clicking functionality (holding down the mouse button) buffs and rebuilds components more slowly than mashing on your mouse manually, making it effectively useless.

Below is a video demonstrating this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AySk1PNDtJU

I asked a friend of mine to write a small application to solve this problem. It is an executable which runs in the background, and if GunsOfIcarusOnline is the focused window, it will generate mouse click events as long as you hold the button down. If you hold down the control key, it will disable itself until the control key is released. This is important to prevent it from disrupting certain guns (gatling, flamer, hwacha), and for menu navigation.

Download:
http://cesports.org/turboclicker

Here is the source code in case you wish to modify or compile it yourself:
http://pastebin.com/YTy2CFAf

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Turboclicker.exe - fixing the broken autorepair
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 11:42:08 pm »
so, what happens when you use autoclicker on an automatic weapon such as gatling?

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 11:44:57 pm »
Less Dakka Dakka speed?

Offline Urz

• [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 11:53:20 pm »
so, what happens when you use autoclicker on an automatic weapon such as gatling?
It stutters and slows the fire rate.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 01:07:35 pm »
So, you end up with a means of auto click that breaks the already auto firing weapons? Seems legit.

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 01:14:41 pm »
So, you end up with a means of auto click that breaks the already auto firing weapons? Seems legit.
If you hold down the control key, it will disable itself until the control key is released.

That said, a toggle seems like it would work better. I bound my control key to one of my tools for reasons, so a toggle we could choose would probably help more.
Haven't actually looked at any of this to know how easy this would be, but just pointing it out. :)

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 01:31:09 pm »
You could probably hack together an AutoHotKey script that maps rapid left clicks to some other button on the mouse or keyboard. A quick google search returned this:

Loop
{
    Sleep 100  ; This is the delay between clicks, in milliseconds.
    GetKeyState, RButtonState, RButton, P
    if RButtonState = U  ; User has physically released the button, so end the loop.
        break
    MouseClick, Right
}
return

from http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/9949-repeated-mouse-button-1-clicksbf2/

I haven't tried this, so I can't vouch for it. I'm not even sure if AutoHotKey functions in game, though it should.

Offline Urz

• [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 01:41:56 pm »
That said, a toggle seems like it would work better. I bound my control key to one of my tools for reasons, so a toggle we could choose would probably help more.
Haven't actually looked at any of this to know how easy this would be, but just pointing it out. :)
The source code is included and it's a pretty simple utility. If you wanted to change which keys are used for instance, you would just need to replace the key codes on lines 20 and/or 21 with different ones.

Offline geggis

• Salutes: 12
    • [VAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 08:36:30 am »
Just use X-mouse (http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm) or Logitech's Setpoint software if you've got a Logitech mouse. I've assigned middle mouse click (and hold) to 'turboclick' so it doesn't interfere with anything else. As an added bonus, both pieces of software will recognise when GoIO is running so this configuration is activated and deactivated automatically. They're great as set and forget apps.

Personally, I think it's a pain that we're even considering all these workarounds though because autorepair should be as effective as clicking really fast manually anyway.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 08:40:23 am by geggis »