Author Topic: New Game Mode?  (Read 13746 times)

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
New Game Mode?
« on: October 13, 2013, 02:45:52 am »

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: New Game Mode?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 10:43:33 am »
...Quidditch with airships?

I can get behind that.

Offline Mepic Von Shreck

• Salutes: 11
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • Shrek
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 03:04:47 pm »
...Quidditch with airships?

I can get behind that.

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 11:15:44 am »
We could improvise the quidditch... sorta... Make a hoop out of floating mines, then fire....... umm.... I dunno...

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 04:15:30 pm »
lochnagar flak round?

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 09:03:07 pm »
lochnagar flak round?
Maybe...
The squid can be like that little flying ball everyone tries to catch

Offline Captain Smollett

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 09:15:11 pm »
Ooh, harpoon the golden squid!

Offline Cl ick to Ca p t ain

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 25
    • [?]
    • View Profile
    • ṋ̟̳̪͒ͦ͑ͯ͒̓̾͌̓ͥ̐̓o̹̗̭̝̪͚͖͙̖̝̳͔̮̟͙͆ͬ̇̋͗̒ͮͭ͌ͥ̀ͩͮ̆͛ͭ͐̈́ ̝̘̟̝̥̭͔̼͓͖̘̜̦̰͒͊̒͆̃ͩ͛̋͋̎̂̊̏͆ͣ̚ͅ ͓̦̖͔̖̞̟̱͉̪͇̮̫͉̀͋̆͗̑̽̿̚ͅ ̥͍͚̣̂̈́ͪ͋̂ͥ̊ͧͣ͌̉̇̓͆ͨ̔ͤ̍ ̫͇͕̤̣̩̗͎̭̙̱͔̘̝͖̀ͭ̆͂̈́ͅ ͎̹͓̼͖̥̤̗ͦͤ̈̄̚ͅt͎̞̺̱̜̺̋̋̊͗ͬ͗ͪͩ̈ͮ̽̐̉̀̅ͫ̃h̤̺͎͖̯͈͍̲͛͂̉́̎̂̔̚ ̯̲͓̭̬̱͈̟̳͒͒̉̈̊͊ͅͅ ̘͓͈͚̦ͪ̽͑ͣ̓ͦ͊̐̿̇̈́ ͪͨ͛̌̔̽͆ͬͪ̂̐
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 02:19:58 am »
Squidditch,  each team has a mobula with 4 harpoons and a mine launcher, and then a squid with all mines. Objective - kill the other teams squid, over and over.

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 07:02:12 am »
We need to arrange this

• Community Ambassador
    • [?]
    • View Profile
    • ṋ̟̳̪͒ͦ͑ͯ͒̓̾͌̓ͥ̐̓o̹̗̭̝̪͚͖͙̖̝̳͔̮̟͙͆ͬ̇̋͗̒ͮͭ͌ͥ̀ͩͮ̆͛ͭ͐̈́ ̝̘̟̝̥̭͔̼͓͖̘̜̦̰͒͊̒͆̃ͩ͛̋͋̎̂̊̏͆ͣ̚ͅ ͓̦̖͔̖̞̟̱͉̪͇̮̫͉̀͋̆͗̑̽̿̚ͅ ̥͍͚̣̂̈́ͪ͋̂ͥ̊ͧͣ͌̉̇̓͆ͨ̔ͤ̍ ̫͇͕̤̣̩̗͎̭̙̱͔̘̝͖̀ͭ̆͂̈́ͅ ͎̹͓̼͖̥̤̗ͦͤ̈̄̚ͅt͎̞̺̱̜̺̋̋̊͗ͬ͗ͪͩ̈ͮ̽̐̉̀̅ͫ̃h̤̺͎͖̯͈͍̲͛͂̉́̎̂̔̚ ̯̲͓̭̬̱͈̟̳͒͒̉̈̊͊ͅͅ ̘͓͈͚̦ͪ̽͑ͣ̓ͦ͊̐̿̇̈́ ͪͨ͛̌̔̽͆ͬͪ̂̐
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 08:12:03 am »
I could add it to my event coming in November(https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,2581.0.html), not sure though. Opinions?

Offline Captain Smollett

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 11:34:37 am »
Squidditch,  each team has a mobula with 4 harpoons and a mine launcher, and then a squid with all mines. Objective - kill the other teams squid, over and over.

4v4?

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 05:01:49 pm »
I like the name squidditch, but the squid should be prohibited from fighting back. As a flier of a mine squid I can do a lot of damage especially in a target rich environment.

How about 4v4, free ship choice, and the only acceptable target is the other team's squid?
The squids can't shoot anything, and should be crewed by AI on repair mode.
The hunting ships are only allowed to shoot the enemy's squid other but are allowed to ram the other team's ships to allow for their squid's escape.
It would be interesting because instead of kill weapons the ships would have to bring disable weapons to stop the squid from escaping.
Flying the squid would be about running, hiding, dodging, and taring.

• Community Ambassador
    • [?]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 06:33:59 pm »
I like the name squidditch, but the squid should be prohibited from fighting back. As a flier of a mine squid I can do a lot of damage especially in a target rich environment.

How about 4v4, free ship choice, and the only acceptable target is the other team's squid?
The squids can't shoot anything, and should be crewed by AI on repair mode.
The hunting ships are only allowed to shoot the enemy's squid other but are allowed to ram the other team's ships to allow for their squid's escape.
It would be interesting because instead of kill weapons the ships would have to bring disable weapons to stop the squid from escaping.
Flying the squid would be about running, hiding, dodging, and taring.

4v4?

I think ship types and guns should be restricted, it could be just the Pyra and Mobula. With the Mobula being the only one with a mine, the Pyras would have double harpoons, double flares.

So then it would be 4v4. each team is 2 Pyras, a Mobula, and a Squid. Squid is non-combat but not AI crewed, Pyras are front harpoons, flare sides, and the Mobula is 4 harpoons, one mine launcher.

Thoughts?

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 06:59:50 pm »
Depending on the slipperiness of the squid, this game could last forever. Mobulas don't have the speed to catch a squid especially on the big 4v4 maps. I would let each side take whatever not squid ships and weapons they want so that they could figure out the meta of the game.

• Community Ambassador
    • [?]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 08:39:59 pm »
Depending on the slipperiness of the squid, this game could last forever. Mobulas don't have the speed to catch a squid especially on the big 4v4 maps. I would let each side take whatever not squid ships and weapons they want so that they could figure out the meta of the game.

Wouldn't that then fit right in with the comparison to Quidditch?