Author Topic: Join Lobby -> Game starts instantly  (Read 8236 times)

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Join Lobby -> Game starts instantly
« on: October 21, 2013, 09:41:37 am »
It disallows players from choosing their loadouts accoringly, hinder's from playing with friends, causes bugs if the timing is extraodinarily s**t and is generally bad.

Fix by not placing people into crews automatically anymore once the countdown started or not allowing to join games that are already on 5 seconds to start
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 09:43:08 am by Sprayer »

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Re: Join Lobby -> Game starts instantly
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 09:59:06 am »
That would be a helpful feature. It doesn't happen too often, but it can be pretty painful when it does. A lot of the quirks go away as you finish loading up from a late join, but not having to deal with them in the first place would be ideal.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 10:40:42 am »
This has been a longstanding problem.

It's not the biggest deal in the world and has likely been pushed down the priority list due to Muse's very small team but I'd like to think they know about this and will have it fixed eventually.

Offline NoWuffo

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 04:43:36 pm »
I would agree with not auto placing anyone after a countdown has been started. Nothing more frustrating than being thrown into a match you don't wanna be in and knowing if you leave it you get that lovely leave counter!

Offline Captain Smollett

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 04:47:42 pm »
The only problem with being thrown into spectate is there's no simple way to move from a spectator spot to a crew spot once the match has filled.

Hopefully they could fix both things together.

Offline Van Manfred

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 08:27:12 am »
How about appearing in a new "dock box" when first selecting a match? The first thing I do when appearing in a pre-match lobby is to click anywhere in the spectator box.

Yet it happened to me a few times. What other players do, is abandon the match, get the right loadout, then re-connect. Sounds feasable if in the pre-combat startgame, but I wouldn't try it for my questionnable connection.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 08:29:34 am by Van Manfred »

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 10:17:37 am »
When spectating, could be good if instead of leave match it would be leave spectate and enter via match lobby instead of exiting to menu? that way loadout and all could be reselected and possible to join empty spot in crew to replace AI. idk but i'm sure they are working on this alternative already from a reply to a feedback mail.

Offline Sprayer

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 10:38:26 am »
The only problem with being thrown into spectate is there's no simple way to move from a spectator spot to a crew spot once the match has filled.
[...]

Where did that come from?
Anyways, stop derailing the topic, this is not about spectators at all.

Offline Captain Smollett

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 11:07:06 am »
Fix by not placing people into crews automatically anymore once the countdown started or not allowing to join games that are already on 5 seconds to start

I would agree with not auto placing anyone after a countdown has been started. Nothing more frustrating than being thrown into a match you don't wanna be in and knowing if you leave it you get that lovely leave counter!

If players aren't being placed into crews when the countdown has started I assumed they would be placed into spectate instead.  My comment was if that was the case, they wouldn't be able to join onto a ship once the match started.

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 11:14:56 am »
Yeah. Wouldn't feel right if joining a game wouldn't be allowed at all at the last 5 secs when there's a nice way to queue and wait for that certain crewspot of personal choice. Agree on "random quickjoin" at the countdown. About player slots and choosing nonetheless.

Offline Sprayer

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 04:59:48 pm »
You're not being placed into crew automatically when you join a running match, neither are you being put into spectate, are you?
Heard somebody call that the "Lobby Limbo".

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 06:03:45 pm »
in the joining moment if that one free crew place just got occupied, it puts you into spectate thru lobby?
if not and game is running when joining thru name you might end up on any crew in that player names match?
like in devmatches many try join same time then end up in spectate if not fast enough?

but i get your point. maybe both right.

Offline Sprayer

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 03:19:57 am »
Huh. I never was assigned any spot automatically when joining a running match.

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 07:10:33 am »
Yeah, I once wrote about that some time ago ... and I'm glad that other people are annoyed by this too. I'd like to see matches show up as "running" when 5 seconds before starting and thus having the same options as in a match that's already running.

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 07:17:02 am »
Huh. I never was assigned any spot automatically when joining a running match.

2 out of 3 right then. not too bad. :P Maybe i remember wrong or tried joining in another way.. details.